unfaithful

Songfic - "Unfaithful" (Rihana)

 

 

                                   “I don't wanna do this anymore
                                    I don't wanna be the reason why
                                     Every time I walk out the door
                                    I see him die a little more inside”

 

She stood by the window, watching the sunshine touch the beautiful flowers they had cultivated.

“What’s the matter?”

Jieun had been looking so uneasy lately… of course Yongguk would notice it.

“It’s nothing…” – she answered faking a smile – “…it’s just work, you know…”

Then she walked closer to him, by the door, and held him, making sure he wouldn’t see her tears.

Yongguk didn’t hold her back though.

There was silence for nearly a minute, and then her ringing phone broke it.

She struggled to let go of him, like a little girl that doesn’t want to leave her mommy on the first school day.
She stared at him, as if apologizing, as if begging for forgiveness… could he see that?

“Get it…” – she heard him say – “…it could be important”
Then he himself took her arms away from him.


He smiled before leaving their bedroom, but she knew better.
She should have known better.

The sunshine soon disappeared, giving room to dark clouds and rain.

It was time for her to leave.
Leave, like she had done so many times, to do what she had done so many times, like so many other days…

“Your coat…” – she heard Yongguk say.

A fake smile was all she managed.

He walked her to the front door.
There was silence.

“See you later…” – she heard him say. His voice lower than usual.

Then she held him, making sure he wouldn’t see her tears… her sorrow, her regret…
“I’ll be home earlier” – she assured him.

She let go of him, and he smiled.
A short, weak smile, but a sincere one.

She crossed the street, and took the bus, as if it had been there just waiting for her.
Yongguk stood by the door, watching, making sure she’d be safe.

The rain had become heavier.
In the bus, Jieun took her phone, dialing a number she knew by heart.

“I can’t to this anymore” – she spoke, as soon as her call was answered.

The rain had become even heavier, stronger, but she could still see Yongguk, standing in front of their house, their home.
His eyes as sad as ever.


“Because I…” – she hesitated – “…because I love him more”