Hyun Seung and Hyun A's Love Story

BEST OF FRIENDS TO BEST LOVERS?

italized word- present happening.....

normal typing- happened in the past....

bold letters- what the characters are thinking....

 

A/N: HEYYA READERS! HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE SHOT SHORT STORY, IT'S MY FIRST HYUN A HYUN SEUNG STORY SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.. PLEASE DON'T MIND THEE TYPOS AND WRONG GRAMMAR... ALSO LEAVE A COMMENT PLEASE! UPVOTE IT LIKE IT OR EVEN SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS... KAMSAHANIDA!

 

ChAnRiS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------OoOoOoOoOoO------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ya.. how do I look?” a guy’s voice reached her ears, she slowly turned from her chair just to be awed by the guy standing in front of her while trying to do his tie. Jang Hyun Seung was looking good with his black tux and she can’t help but let her jaw drop because she had to admit he looked really good.

“Aish I really do on tying neckties.” He pouted and looked at her, “Can you help me?”

A sweet smile escaped her lips as she stood up and walked towards him, without a word she grab the necktie hanging around his neck and tied it up neatly.

“Thanks. What would happen to me if you’re not here helping me?” He said grinning from ear to ear, “Well? What can you say? Did it fit me? Do I look good?” he then broadened his arms and turned around.

She took a step back, resting her fingers on her chin. “Hmmmmmmm…” she then snorted.

“I look awful?” the guy asked just to be answered by a disapproving look from her, with a defeated look he sighed with head bowed down. “I knew it.”

The girl laughed making Hyun Seung more depressed. “Now you’re mocking me.”

“Ya…. Jang Hyun Seung.” She started.

“Ne?”

“You look magnificent.” The girl uttered which made Hyun Seung perk up.

“Jjinja?! Jjinja?!” the thin guy uttered, obviously happy, he then turned a few times as if he can’t believe what she just said.

She chuckled heartedly, “When did I ever lie to you?”

“Never.” He answered back smiling, showing his perfect set of teeth.

“So…. do you think she’ll like it if she sees me wearing this?” She was caught off guard after hearing it from him and looked intently at him.

Silence.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

Silence.

 

“YA…. Kim Hyun A!” Hyun Seung yelled.

“Of course she would, she must be blind if she won’t see you this attractive with that tux.” Hyun A answered suppressing her feelings.

“Good! Good! I’ll take it.” he then went back to the dressing room leaving her outside not seeing the pain that creeped at Hyun A’s eyes.

Hyun A smiled bitterly and sat again as she clutched her chest, her heart was breaking deep inside her as if it was stabbed by the finest knife in the whole planet. She felt her knees shook even if she’s sitting.

Jang Hyun Seung you pabo.  Why are you insisting yourself to her when I’m here just waiting for you to claim my heart? Me who’s always here when she breaks your heart? Me who always listens on your garbage blabbering about how great she is? Am I invincible in your eyes? I’m pretty too you know, some people says I’m prettier than her but why are you offering your heart to her when she just crash it easily in front of you while I’m the one who’s always mending you’re broken heart?” she sighed deeply, shoulders down, feeling defeated.

“If I acted like her will you even notice me?” she whispered.

 

 

One December night in the open field of Seoul “Phoenix” University, students from different college were gathered cheering for their school’s team, excitement was in the air as the game continues, Phoenix was currently behind by a single point.

“Give me F!(clap) I!(clap) G!(clap) H!(clap) T!(clap)” cheerleaders of Seoul University yelled with all their might.

“What does that say!!!” the y leader of the squad yelled while shaking her pompoms.

“PHOENIX FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” Cheerers all shouted which made the girl smile on her fellow students and cheerleaders.

“I can’t hear you!” she yelled back much louder this time.

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” the steel benches from the side of the ground seems to break as the students stomped their feet harder and shouting as if their veins are going to pop out, and as the ball was thrown towards the other player everyone held their breath as if waiting on what will happen next.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Phoenixians yelled as their team scored with a touched down.

Hyun A’s eyes widened and jumped up and down with joy, their team won! Students ran towards the field, and she’s the first one to sprint towards their team but not to the players who played at the field but to the bench where substitute players sat.

“Hyun Seungieeeeeeeeeeeeee!” she screamed at the top of her lungs she, she then jumped towards the skinny guy who was obviously surprised by her. Hyun A hugged him tightly while her legs wrapped around her dream to be boyfriend best friend’s waist.

“We won! We won!” she emitted happily.

 

“Ya…ya…ya… I can’t breathe! You’re squeezing me so tight Kim Hyun A!” Hyun Seung said struggling while doing his best to untangle her legs wrapped on him.

“Oh! Sorry Sorry Bony! I forgot I might crash your fragile bones.” And a roar of laughter escaped from her luscious lips and got down from him.

“YA! Am not that thin Fat , you’re just not normal, you have super strength. I don’t even believe you’re a girl at all.” He said while examining his self, checking if he’s still in one piece.

Without any second thoughts Hyun A pinched Hyun Seung’s rosy cheeks which made the latter eekk in pain.

“Ja-gi-ya…” she uttered, smiling. Hyun Seung shivered after seeing his childhood best friend’s doomed smile, it was terrifying as if she was suppressing her urge to tear him to pieces.

“Am not a fat .. take it back, will you?” She uttered calmly, dangerously calm. But he just answered him with his tongue sticking out.

“eeekkkkkkkkkkkk” Hyun Seung squealed as he felt Hyun A’s fingers pinched his now red cheeks.

“Ya.. you two… Did you know you looked like a couple from a far?” Yoona chuckled while walking towards them, she was the president of the supreme student council on their school and also the girl who is special on Hyun Seung’s heart.

As if on cue, Hyun Seung and Hyun A looked at each other then laughed as hard as they can and faced their president.

“Us? A couple? Never in a million years!” Hyun A uttered while making a disgusted face, but deep inside…. So deep inside her system, her heart was jumping up and down with giddiness and also feeling her stomach filled with butterflies that makes her feel light, light as if she’s in cloud nine.

“But I think you’ll make a good couple you know.” Yoona insisted, her arms now crossed with each other on her rich s.

“We’re like siblings pretty Yoona and also I love somebody else, who would love this fatty a----“ Hyun Seung reached a high pitch when Hyun A nipped his side, it was really painful.

“You’re saying something jagiya?” the cheerleader asked sweetly.

“Yes. Fatty .” Hyun Seung grinned and scampered as fast as he can away from his best friend.

“What did you say?! How dare you Jang Hyun Seung, you’re dead meat when I lay my hands on you!” Hyun A yelled as loud as she can, which made other people glance at her but didn’t stop her from making her next move, sprinting towards Hyun Seung.

------------------------------------------------------000^^000-----------------------------------------------------

“ Jagiya…” she said softly.

“Hmmmmmm?” he answered, smiling a little and walking slowly and carefully. She was giving Hyun A piggyback ride towards their apartment because she accidentally sprained her f0ot when she was chasing him earlier that night.

“Can I spend Christmas at your place?” she tightened her grip on her friend’s shoulder.

“You’re parents can’t make it home from US?” he asked softly.

Silence engulfed. *crickets… *crickets….

Just then he felt her snuggle on his neck and after some time felt something dampening his neck.

With a soft smile and adjusting Hyun A’s weight on his back he uttered, “Of course Jagiya… you are always welcome, mom and dad will be ecstatic.”

“Thanks Hyun Seung.” she said in her saddest voice, tears still escapes her eyes but trying her best to stop herself from crying…

“Hmmm…Hmmmm…Hmmmm…” she wailed.

He can’t help but let a chuckle out, what can he do? He felt ticklish when she’s sniffing him and her nose rubbing his neck, which is the most sensitive part of his body.

“Ya.. stop that.” He uttered.

“Stop what?” but continued what she’s doing.

“You know what I mean, it’s tickling me you know.”

“Oh really???” with that she cuddled and smelled him more and rubbed her nose intently on his neck.. “Hmmm…. jagiya! You smell so damn good! Hmmmmmm!”

Hyun Seung can’t help it anymore, he let out a loud laughter not holding anything in. They were swaying from side to side on that empty street, Hyun A not stopping from teasing Hyun Seung and him giving his all just to make sure they reach their apartment.

After a few minutes of the tickling torture from Hyun A finally Hyun Seung reached his goal that time which is reaching their apartment and not giving in on Hyun A’s pure hells torture to him. He harshly slammed Hyun A on their bed, yes people, they are sharing the same bed and that is not a big deal for them because they are way comfortable with each other

“Aigooo…” He was panting really hard and sweats are visible on his forehead, Hyun A was still chuckling. “Fat you gained some weight didn’t you?!”

“YA!! I did not!” She uttered defensively.

“Just admit it.” He uttered while making his way to their personal bathroom and closed the door.

“I did not!” Hyun A answered but answered by the sound of gushing water. “Yah Jagiya please hurry.. I want to take a bath too before going to bed.” But no answer from his best friend.

After 20 minutes of waiting Hyun A can’t help but close her eyes for a few seconds, tiredness overwhelmed her and it’s really tempting to sleep now but she knows more than anyone else that Hyun Seung won’t let her sleep without taking a bath first.

Screw Hyun Seung, he’s taking his bath way too long and I want to sleep.” But when Hyun A was about to drift to sleep the bathroom door opened and a dripping wet Hyun Seung walked out of the bathroom, towel was the only thing that covered his lower body.

As quick as a lightning Hyun A got up from the bed, dried up at the sight she was beholding. No it’s not her first time to see her best friend’s body but everytime she sees it her reaction is still the same, her heart raging inside her,  body starting to heat up and her head feeling dizzy, not in a bad way but in a good way, have I said good? Very good way..

Hyun Seung looked at her, his eyebrow cocked up and his hands placed on his waist.

How did I love this man again?” Hyun A asked herself and unknowingly bit her lower lip.

“Have I ever told you that you look like a ert Kim Hyun A? Especially now, with that lip biting of yours..” Hyun Seung asked while looking at her intently.

Hyun A’s system was shaken to core, “Oh ! He caught me off guard!” she then laughed unstable and ran as fast as she can towards the bathroom. “I was just teasing you Jang Hyun Seung! Don’t take it in a different way!” she yelled while taking a bath.

Hyun Seung just sighed and smiled and dressed up with his pajamas.

After 10 minutes Hyun A went out of the bathroom already wearing her own set of pajamas, she saw Hyun Seung now in semi fowler’s position and was reading a book titled HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU. Hyun A grimaced but slowly sneaked inside the sheets, making her warm.

She then placed her arm across Hyun Seung’s waist and nuzzled closer, “You’re reading that again?”

Hyun Seung just nodded, not paying any attention to her, he was so absorbed with what he was reading.

“But you already read 3 books that had the same input, do you really think you would acquire something? Do you really believe that through that book President Im Yoona would fell in love with you?” She asked.

“Of course.” And turned the page of the book.

“Hmmm…” Hyun A gave up on getting his attention, her heart aching because he once again proved that he loves somebody else, she then tried to close her eyes, but something seems to be missing.

“Jagiya…” She uttered tenderly and hugging him tightly.

“Hmmmm?” Still not looking at her.

“Can I?”

“Can I what?” he asked not minding her really.

“Can I do my ritual?” She asked sweetly. “Please..”

A deep sigh escaped his lips, “Ya… we already talked about this, we agreed that you should not do it again right?” and looked at her for a brief moment

“Just for this night… Puh-lease?” she batted her eyelashes as if hoping it would help her convince him.

“Aigooo.. what should I do to you woman?”

“Let me do my ritual?” She answered smiling widely.

“No.” Hyun Seung uttered and went back reading his book.

“Just for this night?”

“No.” he said with finality. “No buts Kim Hyun A, now sleep.”

Hyun A looked at him for a long time trying to convince him some more but no luck, she then pouted and faced her back to him, she forcefully hugged her pillow then wiggled her legs making the bed bounce, she’s throwing a tantrum to him.

Hyun Seung can’t concentrate with his book cause of the bouncing of the bed, he then stared at the woman beside her, with a retreating sigh he placed the book on his side table and lied down.

“Aigoo woman, are you really a college student?” he started, grabbing Hyun A’s arm but she just flinched from his touch.

“Common now, I’ll let you do your ritual.” He said softly as if wooing her, but Hyun A stay cold to him.

“I’ll count to three, if my counting ended I won’t let you do your ritual from now on to the near future… 1….2….”

Just then Hyun A faced him pouting which made him snigger. She’s really cute when she’s acting like that. “Common let’s go to sleep.” He then grabbed his best friend’s hand and placed it under his shirt, to be exact on his chest.

Hyun A grinned widely, she then scooted closer to her best pal making their body closer to each other, her hand wondered inside his shirt, caressing his chest and tummy. That’s the weird habit of Hyun A before sleeping, she doesn’t know how it started she just found herself can’t sleep if she can’t caress this guy’s chest. There’s something in him that puts her in peace when she sleeps as if nobody would dare to grab her or disturb her from her sleep.

With that Hyun A closed her eyes and drifted to dreamland.

-----------------------------------------------------------0O0O0O-------------------------------------------------------

Hyun A was placing the last pieces of her picked clothes to her travelling bag when she heard honks of a car.

“Oh, he’s already here.” Hyun Seung left the house earlier that day to pick up his car from the shop, he left it there for 2 days for proper tuning and making it perfect for travelling back to his hometown.

With excitement she walked out of the apartment, a smile was plastered on her face but that smile slowly faded away when she reached the car, there sitting in the front seat was their president, Yoona.

Hyun A tried her best to not make a face, she then mastered a smile and looked hype towards Yoona and her best friend who she wants to smack so bad. She thought they were travelling alone but why the heck does this woman sitting in the car????

“Yoona-ah! Why are you here?” She asked happily plastic.

Yoona greeted her with a very genuine smile, “ Hyun Seung here called last night asking if I could come and spend Christmas with his family, he also said that you’re coming with him so I decided to tag along too.

“Oh is that so?” Hyun A uttered while nodding her head, she just stood outside the car as if she’s waiting for something and the girl with brown wavy hair seemed to get what she was implying.

“Oh, would you like to sit here in front?” Yoona was about to get out of the car but Hyun Seung who was sitting at the driver’s seat stopped her.

“Yoona, you’re the first one who sat here in front so it’s fine that you should just seat here while Hyun A can seat at the back, its okay right Fat ?” Hyun Seung emitted.

Hyun A was taken aback, she’s feeling down alright but she can’t let it show, without uttering a word Hyun A sat at the back seat. She felt annoyed and pissed as hell when they were travelling till they reached the Jang residence, Hyun Seung didn’t even bother to accommodate Hyun A, his whole attention was focused to his special girl and it’s obvious that he’s flirting with her and the girl is also flirting with him which made Hyun A’s eyes roll.

“Omma!” Hyun A uttered sweetly when she saw her best friend’s mom. She then spread her arm as if asking for a hug.

“Omo Hyun A-ah! You’re much beautiful than before!” Mrs. Jang uttered happily and welcomed her with a hug.

“Omma you’re much prettier than me.” She answered back, acting cute towards the older woman.

Just then Mrs. Jang’s eyes darted to someone, someone who’s standing beside her son.

“Son.” She smiled, “Won’t you give your mom a hug? You didn’t go home for a long time, come here.”

Hyun Seung complied with her mother and gave her a tight bear hug, but when he was about to break from the embrace he heard his mom whisper…

“Ya son of mine is that girl who’s in the picture on your dresser? The one you’ve been crushing for a year now?” which made him blush hard; he tried to hide his flustered face with his bangs.

Her mother giggled and was hitting her son’s back so hard that made Hyun Seung cough.

“Anneong haseoyo Mrs. Jang, I’m Im Yoona. Hyun Seung and Hyun A’s friend, Happy Christmas.” She smiled stunningly while slightly bowing.

“Oh, come inside Yoonasshi, you too Hyun A dear I know you kids are tired from travelling.” Mrs. Jang uttered.

As they walked inside the house Yoona’s jaw went agape when she saw how extravagant the house was, “Woah, you really have a nice house.” She can’t help but utter.

“Ani, this is nothing compared to the Kim’s Residence.” Hyun Seung said, “I’m home!” he called.

Suddenly a cute girl and a hunka babe went out of their respective rooms.

“Omo, you’re finally home!” the cute little girl uttered and went to Hyun Seung and gave her brother a quick hug, it was Jang Nara the eldest of three siblings of the Jang Family.

“YO.. welcome back li’l bro.” The badass looking but handsome guy uttered while holding an acoustic guitar on his hand.

The girl president’s eyes went bigger when she saw Hyun Seung’s brother, “I know you.”

“Who wouldn’t?” Hyun A interjected.

The older brother smiled magnetically towards Hyun A, “Hyun A my girl! You’re back. Welcome home baby.”

Hyun A grinned, “Oppa.” And gave him a tight hug but suddenly Hyun Seung was beside them possessively snatching Hyun A from his gorgeous older brother.

“Ya hyung..You’ll switch faces if you’ll continue embracing cozily this fat , you’re fans are going to leave you for sure.” Hyun Seung uttered seriously which made his brother chuckle.

Hyun A whacked her best friend’s head, “Are you implying that I’m ugly huh Jagiya?! And my is not that fat!”

The Jang siblings together with their mom laughed at the sight of two leaving Yoona dumbfounded.

“She hit him hard but his family just laughed about it?” She asked, more like a whisper.

“Well were used to that, since they were young the both of them hit each other and bicker as if there’s no tomorrow.”

Yoona slowly turned her head on her side just to be greeted by a warm smile, he looked like Hyun Seung but the old version.

“Appa!” Hyun A shrieked and went to the old man to hug him.

“Omo how’s my beautiful daughter?” Mr. Jang asked.

“Well what can I say, still beautiful? kekekeke..” Hyun A answered jokingly.

“Of course you are.” The old man then placed his arm on her shoulder.

“Oh, common you guys let’s chat while eating our dinner.” Mrs. Jang uttered flippantly, as the members and visitor went to the dining area.

Yoona was assisted by Hyun Seung the whole time but she didn’t notice it because her gaze was fixed to the older brother Jang. “Jang Geun Suk, I didn’t know you’re related to Hyun Seung, hmmm… not bad.. not bad at all.” She smiled wickedly vibrantly.

While Hyun Seung was busy serving the love of his life, his gaze also never left Hyun A and his brother who are chatting merrily. He smirked a little when he saw Geun Suk placing some food on his best friend’s plate which his best friend gladly ate.

 “Tch.” He’s feeling upset on how he is seeing Hyun A enjoying other people’s company, but wait he’s brother is not other people, but he can’t help but feel ammm what do you call this…jealous?... with that thought he shook his head intensely.

“Something that matters, jagiya?” Hyun A asked with concern shown on her eyes.

“Nothing.” Hyun Seung just smiled.

After dinner the family together with Yoona and Hyun A sat at the veranda which led to the beautiful garden of the house, laughter filled the whole house later that night.

“Hey baby wanna grab some ice cream at the nearest store?” Geun Suk uttered out of the blue which made Hyun A’s eyes twinkle and hurriedly nodded her head.

“Ya Fat , you’ll get fattier.you’ll----” Hyun Seung teased which made the beautiful girl pout.

“Well she’s not fat in my eyes, and it’s not every day she’ll eat ice cream after dinner, so baby let’s go?” the older brother interposed.

“Let’s go oppa.” Geun Suk then walked towards Hyun A, “Piggyback ride?” he smiled.

“Oppa!!!! Of course!” Hyun A hurriedly stood up and hopped at Geun Suk’s back and the both of them went out and walked somewhere while the remaining people continued talking.

 

 

Hyun Seung was pacing back and forth, it was passed midnight but his brother and bestfriend still not home, he was tapping his phone brutally, calling and texting both of them but neither pick up or texted him back.

“Son, will you please sit down? I’m getting dizzy because of you.” His mother uttered calmly.

Just when he was about to answer, the main door opened and Geun Suk with a girl on his back seemingly sleeping peacefully came into view.

“YA hyung! What took you this late of the night?! I was worried sick.” The maknae uttered disappointedly.

Geun Suk smiled shyly, “Mian, after eating some ice cream we played at the nearest park and haven’t noticed that the time went by.”

“Hey are you…are you drunk?” Hyun Seung asked with eyes wide like frying pan.

“A little?” he smiled, his cheeks were slightly blushing. “We haven’t read the content of the ice cream, maybe it had a little liquor. I’ll put Hyun A to bed.”

“Ani, she’s sleeping on my room.” Hyun Seung blurted out which caught his mother and brother off guard.

“What? But she has her own room that I’ve prepared for her.” His mom uttered, disapproved with his son’s idea.

“Common Mom, we always sleep at the same bed since we were kids if she’s here in our house” Hyun Seung dismissed his mother’s idea.

“But that’s when you two are still kids li’l bro, and besides what will Yoona think?” Geun Suk uttered.

But to the surprise of the two Hyun Seung grabbed Hyun A’s body away from his brother and carried it in bridal style, and walked towards his room. “Kids or not it’s the same, we always share the bed and besides she’ll look for me when she wakes up, now if you’ll excuse me we will be resting. Goodnight.” And with that he closed the door with the aid of his foot.

Mrs. Jang and Geun Suk were left dumbfounded.

Hyun Seung deposited Hyun A in the middle of the King sized bed, he then grabbed a face towel soaked in warm water and patted her body carefully with it, he even changed her clothes. After all of that, he then lied down beside her and also snuggled on the sheet.

He looked to the sleeping Hyun A and placed her head on his arm making their bodies closed, without her knowing he tugged her hand and placed it under his shirt, he smiled when he felt her hands explore his body.

“Even in your slumber you perform your habit.” and with that he closed his eyes and slept, missing the opportunity to see Hyun A’s lips smile gently while sleeping.

------------------------------------------------------O0O0O---------------------------------------------------------

Hyun A slowly opened her eyes and was greeted by bright rays of sunlight and a cold morning breeze coming from the semi opened window at the side of the room, she roamed her semi opened eyes and caught sight of the guy sleeping serenely on her side.

A gentle smile escaped the red haired girl’s lips and slowly traced the guy’s lips contour making the guy wince and looked at her with surprise.

“Good Morning.” Hyun A uttered softly.

Hyun Seung looked at his wall clock and groaned after seeing the time; it’s just 6 in the morning. “Go back to sleep, it’s still early to get up.” and tugged the comforter up to his chin and closed his eyes once more.

Hyun A was about to abide Hyun Seung but saw the scenery outside, it was all white and snow was slowly falling from the sky, she gasped and hurriedly jumped off the bed and went to the window.

“Waaa…. Its pretty.” She then inhaled and sighed deeply.

“What is?” he asked but seemingly not minding what she’s pointing at.

“Jagiya.” She then ran back to the bed and shook her best friend slightly, “It’s snowing outside and it really looked nice, it’s a white Christmas for us. I wanna go out! Please accompany me.”

“No.”

“Please?” she pleaded.

“No is a no.”

She snorted harshly after hearing him, “Well if you won’t go I’ll go by myself.” But when she was about to scoot off the bed an arm was wrapped tightly on her wrist.

“It’s cold outside, you’re wearing a very thin piece of clothing you know. You’ll catch cold for sure.” He said eyes still close.

“That’s none of your business.” She answered like a child and was about to get off the bed again but before she could do it she felt her whole body being twirl around and the next thing she knew she was pinned down at the soft bed with Hyun Seung at the top of her.

“Please don’t be  hard headed just for this day, just go back to sleep and I promise we’ll play at the snow later today.” He uttered magnetically, his cat eyes boring her till her bones which made her blush.

She nodded and Hyun Seung playfully patted her head, “Good girl.” He then lied down once again at her side and closed his eyes once again.

“Ammmmm… Jagiya?” she uttered while biting her finger nail, she was looking at him.

“What?”

“Merry Christmas.”

 A soft sneer left Hyun Seung’s lips, he then slowly opened his eyes and looked back at her, “Merry Christmas….Jagiya” which made Hyun A’s heart flutter, she really like it whenever this guy calls her jagiya even though it means nothing to him.

“Can we go back to sleep now?” he asked and answered by a nod, Hyun A closed her eyes happily but before she goes back to her dream land she whispered..

Saranghe Jagiya.”

Hyun Seung thought he heard something but saw her drifting to dream land, “Maybe I’m just imagining things.”

Later that night the house was very alive with all in happy spirits, Hyun Seung kept his promise to his best friend, they played with snow that lunch, not only them but also Geun Suk and Yoona as well. After eating dinner the family drank some alcoholic drinks which made people blabber uncertain things.

“Hyun A.” Hyun Seung uttered slightly drunk.

“What?” the girl was drinking from the bottle not minding the stares which the people throw at her, no it’s not a judging stares but amused stares rather because who would think a pretty girl like her could handle that much alcohol.

“I’ll confess to her, now.” He said with finality making Hyun A stare at him with wide eyes, as if on cue the dizziness that covers her brain suddenly washed away, her best friend dropped those words like bomb to her.

Without hearing any answers from her he stood up, and followed Yoona who walked out of the living room and went at the garden. He was swaying from side to side.

Hyun A clutched her chest, her heart beats rapidly, she can’t breathe normally as if air was out of her.

“It’s happening, my worst nightmare was coming to life.” She whispered.

Geun Suk who was sitting near her hurriedly came to her aid when she suddenly stood up and wobble from her spot.

“You okay?” he asked as he wrapped his arm around her waist, “Are you wasted already?”

Hyun A smiled, a smile that didn’t reach her eyes which Geun Suk noticed, “Oppa am fine, I’m a little dizzy. I just need some fresh air. I’m going out for a while.” she then walked towards a door, she didn’t know where she was going because all of a sudden her vision became blurry.

When she was about to pass out, she hurriedly leaned on the nearest wall and heard the words that will forever mark her heart.

“I love you Yoona.” Hyun Seung’s words reached Hyun A’s ears. “He’s confessing to her?! Damn why am I here?”

“You drunk or something?” Yoona answered back, amusement is clearly on her voice.

“Ani—yes a bit but that didn’t change my feelings for you. I loved you since the day I laid my eyes on you, the moment you walked passing me in the hallway at the first day of the school semester last year. My heart beat fast whenever you’re around me and talking casually to me. The way you flip your hair, the way you dress, your smile….ahhh… that brought me to heaven…and if you’ll give me a chance I want to be your boyfriend.”

Hyun A’s heart is breaking, literally broken to tiny pieces and falling scattered on the floor, hearing him confess to her brought tears on her eyes. Those were the words she wants to hear from him, “ugh… it pains me, as if it’s killing me slowly.”

“I thought Hyun A and you are an item?” Yoona still not believing.

“No, were not.. Were just best friends, siblings to be exact.” He defended.

“Ouch…. After all these years am still stuck with best friend. Damn it.” Tears fall freely from her eyes, she can’t continue listening with this nonsense anymore she wants to get out from there.

Just then some arm grabbed her and forced her to face its owner, the next thing Hyun A knows he was enclosed by his arms, her head on his chest and his voice saying…

“Cry it all out Baby, I’m here for you.” It was Geun Suk, his voice full of grief for her. What can she asked for? She cried her heart all out, covering just to keep her loud sobs audible to the people who’ are having the time of their lives.

“Let’s get out of here.” The older brother pulled from her wrist and guided her out of the Jang residence. After securing the helmet at Hyun A’s head he then hopped and fired the engine of his motorcycle.

“Come, let’s have some fresh air.” He said.

Hyun A gladly hopped in and the motorcycle drive passed through the night, Geun Seuk was screaming while driving while Hyun A was silently sobbing in his back.

It was 3 o’clock in the morning when the two of them went back to the Jang’s Residence. Hyun A’s eyes were puffed and Geun Suk just smiled when he saw her miserable state.

“Stop being miserable over something that is not that important.”

“I can’t help it Oppa, my worst nightmare came true. The thought of losing him from my side and be with another girl pains me.” She whispered.

He softly smiled towards her, “You love my little brother that much?”

She slowly nodded, a tear escaped on her eye but she harshly wiped it and smiled bitterly. “Mian…. Mian oppa.”

“Nothing to be sorry about, I understand you believe me.” Hugged her tightly while planting kisses on her forehead. “That lucky bastard.” He whispered which made Hyun A smile a little.

“Hyung, what do you think you’re doing?” A voice broke their solemnity.

Hyun A and Geun Seuk stared at the source of voice, it was Hyun Seung. His face was voided with any expression.

She looked at him and a tear was about to fall but she tried all her best to keep it in.

“What do you think am doing?” the older brother asked, smirking.

“You’re kissing my best friend hyung.” He answered boldly.

Silence….

 

Silence…

 

Silence…

 

“Well what’s wrong with kissing my girlfriend? It’s just normal right?” the badass hyung answered, noticing his younger brother’s knuckles turn white on his side.

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Hyun A whispered, she doesn’t get why her oppa is lying towards Hyun Seung.

“Oh is that so? Since when?” Hyun Seung crossed his arm.

“Just now, I just can’t help but tell her how I feel for her even though you’re her best friend. At first I thought you two will end up with each other but I guessed not, so I confessed to her.”

Hyun Seung twitched after hearing his brother’s statement, “Well that good to hear, I was getting worried for her also now that I have a girlfriend, at least now I know somebody would take care of her as good as I did.”

“Oh is that so? You’re finally with Yoona? Am glad.” Hyun A interjected, forcing herself to smile.

“Umm.” Hyun Seung nodded, “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” And with that he went inside leaving the two of them at the cold outside.

“Be strong, am here for you.” Geun Suk assured her which slightly gave some comfort to her.

After entering the room designated to her, Hyun A let out another round of sobs and sorrowful cry, she drowned her wails at her pillow by crashing the soft pillow on her face. It was passed 7 in the morning when she stopped crying.

She hurriedly packed her things, wore her glasses to hide the bulging eye bags and puffed cheeks with a scarf. She left a note on the desk on her room. She was about to open the main door when she catch a glimpse of someone sitting from the couch.

“Let me drive you back to Seoul.” Her boyfriend Geun Suk uttered while showing her a key, she gladly shook her head. She badly nedds someone right now to comfort her and Geun Suk is the perfect one, because he’s like her older brother.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

“That was a year and a half ago, and still Yoona and Hyun Seung are together. After the revelation that they are an item I moved out of the apartment and tried my best to leave without Hyun Seung on my system, it wasn’t that easy as I thought, I admit that sometimes I’m missing him. It helped a little that I and oppa lied that we’re together till now because it wasn’t that obvious that I was avoiding Hyun Seung. But two months ago I didn’t expect something would bring us back together…. Back to being best friends.”

 

(2 months ago)

A loud banging of the door woke up Hyun A from her slumber; she was wearing a big white shirt with shorts under it. With sleepy eyes she opened the door just to be surprised. It was Hyun Seung, after 16months she saw him this close again.

He grabbed her wrist not minding the stares of other people, they ended up in a tent sitting in a corner with bottles of soju in front of them.

“She cheated on me.” He started.

Hyun A don’t know how to comfort him, she just looked at him. She was expecting tears would fall but none. He just continued drinking shots of soju.

“I didn’t know she was eyeing hyung from the start.” He chuckled bitterly, “Hyung’s your boyfriend right?”

 

 

 

Silence….

 

 

“I saw her kissing him but I know my hyung is not responding on her kisses, I tried not mind it because I know my older brother is really irresistible because of his good looks, I just shrugged it off..”

She didn’t know about that because Geun Suk didn’t told her anything about it, she was quite shock about it.

“But knowing that she’s been hitting a guy beside me even though we’re in a relationship is what hurts me most… I loved her… I loved her with all my heart..” he whispered and some tears fall from his cat eyes.

Hyun A can’t take it anymore, she scooted towards him and hugged him tight, “My poor jagiya.”

“I missed you so much, thanks for being here….jagiya.” he uttered while getting some comfort from her.

Hyun A was stoned after hearing that word…jagiya… she really longed for that word since the day she went out of their apartment, out of his life.

The next thing she knew he passed out and laid his head in the table where bottle of soju scattered, well she has no choice now right?

With all her might, she practically gave him a piggy back ride back to his apartment, she mentally thanked him because it was not that far to his apartment.

While slowly walking at that empty street, she smiled bitterly and inspected if he’s really asleep, after hearing some soft snores she started saying..

“Aish.. what should I do with you man? Why am I here? I told myself that I won’t be involved with you again after you crashed my heart a few months ago. I love you so much till now that it pains me to see you hurt like this. What’s with her that I don’t have? If in the first place you loved me I’ll forever treasure you’re heart and won’t let it have a tiny scratch on it. Oh Hyuen Seung my only Jagiya I love you so much it pains me right to my core knowing well that you can’t reciprocate my feelings.” She slowly sobbed and tried all her might not to cry but it still hurts her like hell.

“You don’t know what torture I’ve gone through just to live a life without you in my system, it felt like I died. And now, now that I thought am well and ready to live my life once again here you are coming back to me. What the hell.”

They finally reached his apartment and pushed the pin code to the door’s security system just to be amazed, he didn’t changed their pin. She deposited him in the center of the bed and stared at him longingly while sitting beside him, a tear was visible in the corner of his eye even though he’s sleeping. She wiped it with bare hands and looked at him admiringly.

Before Hyun A realized it she crossed the line and kissed him softly, but when she saw about to break from that long waited kiss for her, she felt him answered his kiss. His arm s at her waist making her aware about the heat he built inside him. They kissed passionately for some more time, Hyun A tasted the soju when he slipped his tongue on her wet cavern but when Hyun A answered him more hungrily he didn’t respond, he was drown to sleep, deeper this time.

Hyun A just smiled and left after making sure he’ll sleep peacefully, “Thanks for the first and last kiss Jagiya.”

(END OF FLASHBACK)

They finished looking for his tux and parted ways, but before they did he asked a favor..

“Will you attend the party? To make sure she’ll come so I could confess to her that I’ll win her back and am willing to start a relationship again with her?”

Hyun A hesitated for a while but the pleading in Hyun Seung’s eyes made her nod. He smiled and planted a soft kiss on her cheeks and ran away while shouting, “thank you! You’re the best best friend ever!”

“I’ll do anything for you Jagiya, even though it means of hurting myself.” She stated and walked at the opposite track he got.

-------------------------------------------------OOoooooooOOO-------------------------------------------

At the night of the party Hyun A looked stunning and astonishing at the same time with her red revealing dress. She didn’t bother to take a glance to people who’s throwing her admiring stares, one thing and one thing only runs on her mind at that moment.

BRING YOONA TO THE COTTAGE SO HYUN SEUNG COULD WIN HER BACK.

After minutes of searching she finally found her, and she must admit she looked like a goddess on that white gown ball of hers.

“Yoona.” She called

The girl smiled back at her, “What’s up?”

“Can you come with me in a minute?”

“Sure, where?” Yoona smiled innocently.

“At the cottage, people told me they want you there and asked me if I could bring you there.” Hyun A smiled, “Well can you?”

“Sure.” She gladly answered.

The two attractive girls walked towards the cottage, and when they were at the bridge which in the end connects to the cottage Hyun A stopped from her tracks.

“I’ll drop you off here, is that okay? Can you walk towards there on your own?

“Sure, but why?” the girl with brown wavy hair asked.

Hyun A smiled warmly towards her, “A surprise is waiting for you, don’t worry it’s a good surprise.” And with that she left Yoona and walked out of the party.

At the gate a car was waiting for her, “To the airport please. Are my luggage in the airport already?” she asked, the butler of the Kim Family just nodded and drove to the airport.

Hyun A hopped off the car and quickly walked inside the airport, but before she proceeded to the plane she’s going to ride towards the US she quickly went to the comfort room to change outfit. As she walked towards the terminal she heard people gossiping about a young man who’s frantically yelling a girl’s name as if the guy would go crazy if he won’t see her.

 

Hyun A shruuged her shoulders off, “Lucky girl whoever she is.” and went inside the terminal, she sighed heavily when she sat down on her own seat on the business class.

She closed her eyes, “After a few more moments I’ll be out in my miser. Far from Hyun Seung and Yoona, time will heal me for sure. Keep believing Kim Hyun A you know it can be true someday.”

But when Hyun A opened her eyes she was taken aback when she saw a panting guy in front of her, it’s as if he ran a long mile just to see her.

“I got you now, there’s no way you can escape me.” Hyun Seung uttered between his breathing.

“Why are you here? You’re supposed to be with Yoona right now.” She uttered not believing her eyes.

“Well I’m here in front of you now obviously. I won’t let you go again, not again. I’ll die without you.”

She fell silent for a long time, she doesn’t know how to answer him.

“Earlier tonight, I know I asked you to bring Yoona in the cottage, but as she walked towards me all I can see is you, you and you’re beautiful face and my inner self asked me do I really love Yoona? But if I do love her why am I imagining it was you I’m going to confess with. I’ll tell you honestly that when you walked out of my life I felt empty and it pained me to realize that I can’t own you anymore because you’re my brother’s girlfriend, but tonight I’ll say screw brotherhood.. I called my brother ready to fight for you but he just answered me with a chuckle saying am an idiot and is very slow with my feelings, he told me about your set up and you loving me.”

Hyun A can’t help but smile as her cheeks burned with red tint.

“And as my brother explained to me the things about the two of you I remembered a dream, but that dream consists of only a voice, you’re voice. There I heard you confessing to me, how I hurt you deeply and how you love me so much. How I wish that dream is true, call me a ert but I also dreamed of me kissing you, kissing you passionately as if there’s no tomorrow.”

Hyun A wants to tell him that he was not dreaming but hold it in…. she wants to hear more from you.

“Aish.. all am saying is please don’t go Kim Hyun A, am sorry if I realized my feeling too late for you but I’m ready to repay it with my whole life. I love you, I love you so much I can’t imagine my life without you.. Please accept me.” He uttered pleadingly.

Well what can Hyun A say? If she was dreaming right now she’ll ask God not to wake her up anymore, she stood up slowly and walked towards Hyun Seung and without second thoughts she held his chin and tiptoed to give him a brief kiss, “That’s for hurting me a year and a half ago and this.” kissed him passionately, “Is another way of saying I love you from the bottom of my heart Jang Hyun Seung, don’t let me cry again I beg you.”

With a soft smile he nod and hugged her tightly as if there’s no tomorrow, “I won’t I guarantee you.”

Best friend to best lover? Not bad… not bad at all…..