Cold Water Bottles on Warm Afternoons

Cold Water Bottles on Warm Afternoons

Zico stretched himself out on the couch with a yawn, his arms held above his head and his feet crossed at the ankles as they hung over the other edge. He didn't give himself much time to relax lately, but warm days like these perfectly called for a moment or two to be taken and enjoyed fully. He smiled to himself as sunlight streamed into the room and the sounds of the others padding around the dorm could be heard. Unlike them, only barely waking up though it was the afternoon, Zico hadn't been able to sleep in. Oh well, at least it gave him a chance to watch their new TV in peace to make up for it.

Zico folded his hands behind his head and closed his eyes as he heard someone walk past towards the kitchen. "Aah, whoever's in there should really make me some food! I'm starved~!" he called out, but was met with just the sound of the fridge closing in return.

"Ooh, I see how it is..." he jokingly complained as he began to open one eye, barely seeing a flash of Jaehyo running over before the other's full body weight plopped down onto his stomach and knocked all the breath out of him. Unable to shout out, Zico just slid a hand out from beneath his head and smacked Jaehyo's arm rather hard instead. For whatever strange reason, Jaehyo had taken to doing this every time Zico left himself vulnerable to it. And. for whatever strange reason, Zico was getting used to it...he was even starting to get a bit fond of it, in fact.

"If you've been up long enough to feel starved, you should be an honorable leader and make food for all your hard workers!!" Jaehyo teased as he opened the cold water bottle he ran over with. He brought it to his lips with a smirk and took a slow drink.

"Yo, you know I work hard too! I should be the one getting treated! , breakfast in bed, even!!" Zico spat with a large grin on his face, moving his other hand out from under his head so he could properly shove the skinny 's boney off him. The water bottle nearly flew from Jaehyo’s hands, causing water to spill all down his chin and neck.

Jaehyo began to shout about how cold the water was, but Zico yelled over him when he realized some of the water spilled onto himself and the couch. “Ey, watch it! Don’t get any on me!”

“What!?? What are you talking about, it's your fault, stupid! You should wipe it up—otherwise I'll spill the rest of my water on you out of spite!” Jaehyo exclaimed through laughter as he threateningly raised the water bottle and leaned in towards Zico.

“NO! Don’t you dare!” The younger shot back loudly, raising his arms in self-defense.

Still laughing brightly, Jaehyo leaned forward a bit more, “Then wipe up the water you made me spill!” 

As hard as he was trying to hold it in, Zico couldn't help but burst out laughing too. He rested one hand on Jaehyo's arm and reached up with the other to wipe the water off of the older's face. Zico's rough finger accidentally swiped over Jaehyo's bottom lip, causing his hand to momentarily falter and rest upon Jaehyo's face for just a fraction too long. Their eye contact became strangely intimate and before either's thoughts could fully process what was going on, Jaehyo found himself leaning in the rest of the way, briefly planting his lips on Zico's. Before leaning back out, he made sure to wipe some of the water from his face onto Zico's. All the while Zico hadn’t moved at all; just staring back. It wasn't like Zico was particularly shocked or anything. If he was perfectly honest with himself, he had been expecting something from Jaehyo for a while now considering the odd dynamic between them whenever they had a chance alone together.

Even with Zico's inaction, Jaehyo smiled to himself while he twisted the cap back onto the water bottle. Zico just blinked and rubbed his hand over his now wet cheek. The older finally stood up, relieving the pressure from Zico's stomach and allowing him to take a deep breath and sit up.

Jaehyo seemed like he was about to walk off towards his room to leave Zico in his slight daze. Instead, he his heel and leaned over close again, his lips against the younger's ear. "You're such a pain in the , but fine, I guess I could make you some food," he spoke softly before standing upright and walking back towards the kitchen. Zico sat there a moment longer in silence, taking a glance around the living room and towards the bedrooms to make sure none of the others might have seen. He grinned to himself and leaned back against the arm of the couch, picking up the remote for the TV and changing programs as he listened to Jaehyo move about in the kitchen.