Final

Loving Boyfriend

 

“Aerobic respiration consists of glycolysis, oxidative decarboxylation, Krebs cycle, and electron transport chain. The results of the stages are 34 ATP, CO2 and H2O. Uhm, and then glycolysis takes place in the cytoplasm, oxidative decarboxylation takes place in the outer membrane of the cell, Krebs cycle takes place in, uuhm Krebs cycle in... Ah I forget!”

Lee Hyerin stomped her feet on the floor. She needed to remember all of her Biology lessons right now because she had a Final Exam tomorrow at her school. She glanced at her wall where her Doraemon clock hanged. Time ticked at 7 P.M. She knew she had plenty time to study, but her mind didn’t in its right place. She’s too drained. She had been studying for 4 hours straight.

“Ah! Shot! I haven’t studied about cell reproduction. Oh my God!” Hyerin plopped her head on the table and she began hitting her head. Biology was really her weakness. She was good in other subjects but she always got not-so-good marks in Biology. Even she didn’t know why. And tomorrow, she couldn’t get a bad score anymore. She had to make up for her previous score.

Buzz… Buzz…

Hyerin felt her cell phone vibrating. Without looking up, she her vibrating phone. Without looking at the screen, she picked up the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” Hyerin said in a tired voice.

“Yoboseyo? Hyerin-ah? Are you okay? Why your voice sounds like that?” the caller said in concern voice.

Hyerin knew this voice. She really knew. Voice of the man who had been occupying her heart. A deep husky voice of Bang Yongguk that sent butterflies not only to her tummy but all over her body. Even then, when she was in her breakdown moment, his voice still gave her a warmth and chill at the same time.

Upon hearing her lover’s voice, she couldn’t contain her feeling anymore. She let out a sob.

“Hiks, Oppa….”

“Yaaa~ Hyerin-ah. What’s wrong with you? Uljimaa~” Yongguk’s soothing voice made you cry even harder, “Stop crying, my baby”

“I’m so tired, oppa. I feel I can’t do this anymore.” You let out your stress to him.

“I’ll be heading to your place in 10 minutes.”

“No, oppa. You must be tired from all of your schedules. You have to rest. Moreover I have to study again. I won’t have time to talk to you. It’s better if we meet after my exam tomorrow.”

“It’s okay, Hyerin-ah. I want to see you. Just wait for me.” He said before he hung up.

Hyerin knew she couldn’t fight the almighty Yongguk. All she can do was waiting for him to come to her place and waiting for what was he up to.

She started struggling in studying Biology again while waiting for him to come. But nothing came to her mind and she knew that she was in big trouble for the exam.

At 7.30 P.M, Hyerin heard a knock on her door and she immediately run and open the door to see Yongguk gum smile in front of her doorstep. She couldn’t hold the urge to smile.

“Hey,” Yongguk circled his right hand over Hyerin’s waist and kissed her eyes, her favorite spot instead of cheek or forehead, ”I brought you some food. I know you need to munch something while you’re studying.”

“I already said you don’t have to come to my house, oppa. You’re so stubborn.” Hyerin took the big plastic bag from Yongguk’s left hand. Yongguk acted like he didn’t hear what Hyerin said.

“Look, I bought you your favorite chocolate, pudding from your favorite bakery, Cheetos, a lot of other snacks and a relaxing scented candle for you” Yongguk showed his candle and other things he bought to Hyerin.

“You shouldn’t do this, oppa. You will regret you come to accompany me tonight. I won’t ..” Hyerin’s words cut off by Yongguk’s words.

“I know what I do, Hyerin-ah. I will accompany you studying hard tonight and I won’t regret it. Who will regret spending time with his beloved girlfriend even though without talking and touchy touchy?” Hyerin thought about Yongguk’s words and you found nothing wrong with it. She just couldn’t fight this man.

Hyerin found her way to her scattered books in her bedroom. Yongguk followed right behind carrying the food he bought for her. He smiled knowing that she will let him accompany her studying today.

Yongguk knew that his girl was a smart girl. He knew she was good in everything. And he hated looking her stressed out like this. He wouldn’t leave her alone.

Yongguk pulled another chair in her room and put it on the left side beside her chair. He lit up his scented candle and the fresh and relaxing scent immediately hit Hyerin’s nose. Citrus and lily scent lingered in her room and it gave her new spirit vibe. She began reading her books and taking notes here and there.

Yongguk looked at her side figure. She had a beautiful nose and lips line. She was not an extremely beautiful girl but Hyerin had a warm vibe around her and that’s the thing that attracted him. She bun her usually down hair. It gave him a view of her lean neck unlike his own thick neck. Her messy baby hair around her face and on her nape looked so beautiful in his eyes.

He opened the wrap of her chocolate and without saying anything handed to her and she wordlessly took it and began munching. She didn’t look up from her book as she continued taking notes.

After a few good minutes, Yongguk opened Cheetos and she quickly put her half-eaten chocolate and reaching for the Cheetos. Again, wordlessly, she munched her Cheetos and continued studying again. Yongguk only smile looking at his cute girlfriend. He rested his right hand on her back of the chair and he reached for a novel on her book and began reading it.

After more than half of the snack was gone, Hyerin began to yawn and cracked her back, her fingers. She felt so tired but she had to continue studying. It was 10.30 P.M.

“Are you tired, baby?” Hyerin heard Yongguk asking her, “Do you want me to make you a coffee?”

“That’s a kind of you, oppa. Thank you.” Yongguk stood up and went to Hyerin’s kitchen. After a few minutes, Yongguk came back with a steaming cup of Cappuccino. He put it on the table and back to his seat. His right hand massaged her tense muscle as she slurped her coffee. She closed her eyes in pleasure as his hand massaged her softly. He rubbed her back in soothing circle patterns when she decided to study. But not long after, she yawned.

“You know what, oppa. Your hand makes me so sleepy.” She said rubbing her eyes. Caffeine didn’t give the effect because her body is too tired.

“Maybe this is the time for you to go to bed. You have been studying too long baby. Let’s go to bed.” Hyerin nodded her head and let him pick her up bridal style and carried her to her bed.

Yongguk put Hyerin softly and he laid down as well while putting the blanket over their bodies. Hyerin hugged his waist and put her cheeks to his broad and warm chest. His steady heartbeat made her feel so content and relaxed.

Yongguk put his arms around her and let his arm be her pillow. He began humming a sweet tune and made circle patterns on her back.

“Oppa, I’m so happy you accompany me tonight. Even I called you stubborn, you stayed here for me. That’s very kind of you, oppa.” Hyerin looked up saying those words and began kissing Yongguk’s jaw. He hugged her tighter. He leaned down to kiss her forehead, her eye, her other eye, her nose, her cheek and last he captured her lips. She kissed him back. They kissed lovingly.

She pulled apart and looked Yongguk in his eyes.

“Saranghae, oppa. I don’t know what I will be if I don’t have you. Don’t ever leave me, okay?” Hyerin said as she drifted to sleep.

“I won’t leave you, baby. Never.”