Part 1

My Sweet Bodyguard

“Nice to meet you, my name is Fujisaki Mizuki.”

That was the first thing that came into her mind when she opened her eyes at 06.00 in the morning. She jerked the thick blanket off and got up from bed. She could barely sleep last night, thanks to this whoever Mizuki who claimed himself as her bodyguard. Reaching out her blue printed towel, she headed towards bathroom for shower.

 THUD

Her eyes almost leap out of its place seeing a topless figure in front of her, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!”

___________________________________ 

“YOU LIVE HERE WITH A WOMAN, FOR GOD SAKE!!” slammed her angrily but the guy just shrugged his shoulder and facing his back at her. She didn’t like it. Oh, scratch that. She HATE it when someone interrupted her private life. She used to live on her own and she knew she could survive without having someone babysit her. 

She was now sitting on the dining chair. Both hands were inside her black trouser’s pocket. She looked away grumpily as Mizuki served her breakfast. Her eyes fell on the plates in front of her. One plate with two buttered croissant, another with sunny side up and two sausages on the side.

“I thought I made myself clear yesterday.” She sighed boringly. “I don’t need it at all.” But Mizuki either did not or might had pretended not to hear her, because he kept continue his action which was now, setting down a glass of milk. She glared at him. “Are you deaf?” snorted her when suddenly her cellphone rang.

“Ren speaking.” Greeted her. “Got it. I’m on my way.” She hung up and grabbed her bag, walked out of her condo.

Harada Ren. Twenty five years old —people mistook her a lot younger than her real age. And the reason was, her height; Five feet and two inches. Dark piercing eyes and long wavy black hair. Not like any normal girl would be, she always wearing those same outfit; white v-neck line sleeves shirt and black jeans and her sunglasses whenever she off to work.

 She marched towards an abandoned warehouse and slammed the door open. A voice echoed through the air. “I’ve told you many times to knock first before going into somebody’s house~” A blond hair guy appeared from behind the pillar, holding out bottle of Heineken. He smiled teasingly.

She chuckled. “Knock it off, YongHwa.” replied her passing through him and flopped down on the couch. “Now where’s that damn thing?” asked her looking around.

“MinHyuk and Jungshin will be here any minute.” Ren turned her head towards another deep-voiced man who was polishing his gun at the corner. He looked up to meet her gaze. “…you’re late.” mumbled him but she could see the corner of his lips twitched a bit.

“Heroes always comes late, JongHyun.” she pulled out a cigarette but Yonghwa snatched it away before she could lit them.

“We made a deal, Miss.”

She groaned.

“Hyung! (brother) we’re back.” a guy with never-ending-smile rushed up and dropped a large fitness bag in front of us.

“Where’s JungShin?” asked Jonghyun.

“I’m here.” a tall. The tallest of them all, came in dragging another guy with him. “I think we got a guest, huh…?”

Ren turned her head and heaved a great sigh. “Mizuki. The hell are you doing here?!” she face-palmed and the four of them widened their eyes, staring at both of them alternately.

Jonghyun was the first to speak. “Do you know him?”

“….sorta.”

- - -

All in all, Mizuki thought, it had been a very eventful week. And it wasn’t even midweek yet. 

Just yesterday he had been assigned to guard one very snarky, very moody young woman called Harada Ren. Less than forty-eight hours later and he had learned a couple of things about her: one, that she seemed to hate him to bits and pieces for disrupting her life; two, that her scream when she saw his shirtless body was so loud, it should have made it into legends; three: she was quite possibly the bluntest woman he had ever met, never once bothering to hide what she was feeling, which was good because that meant less complications. 

Oh, and four: she was friends with gangsters—or perhaps more correctly, she was one as well, seeing how familiar they acted around her. 

Mizuki surveyed the warehouse quietly, cataloguing everyone’s expressions and names. He’d managed to eavesdrop a little bit before he stumbled into a tall guy—he assumed Jungshin was his name—and found himself half-dragged into the place. There was a Minhyuk, a Yonghwa, and a Jonghyun, too, but he still couldn’t put a face to their voices yet.

One of the four men was polishing his gun in one corner of the room and everybody else treated it like it was okay, Ren included, and the bodyguard suspected this was probably a daily occurrence for each and every one of them. 

Well, Ren certainly hadn’t been telling him anything ever since he was assigned to her. He’d expected as much, seeing how uncooperative she had been about the whole matter. She had practically ignored him all day long since yesterday, rebuffing all of his attempts to make a conversation. By this morning he had grown weary of trying, so in the end he decided to just go about his job as best as he possibly could.

Clearly that was not going to be easy. 

“You have fascinating friends, Miss Harada,” Mizuki murmured at last, stepping away from Jungshin to keep a safe distance. His tone was lighthearted, but he’d shifted into his stance, ready to launch an attack or defend himself if he needed to. 

“My name is Mizuki,” he told the others. “Perhaps it’s best for Miss Harada herself to tell you how we came to know each other.”