Who was she?

Tangled In Knots

 

“Why is it that she rarely smiles? Has she always been so unhappy like that? It’s starting to get on my nerves,” she could hear people muttered under their breath.

“She’s not that pretty. Maybe that’s why she’s so moody all the time,” she could hear laughter.

“Then maybe you should stop thinking about me for once.” Krystal Jung said aloud with a straight face, turning heads her way. Silence.

To be brutally honest, she did not know why she just had to keep a straight face on all the time. She was neither an angry teenager nor was she an unhappy one. Her life was perfect. To be the younger sister of the famous Jessica Jung of Girls’ Generation, a young adult like her could not ask for anything more.

“Excuse me?” the petite blonde girl in front of her stood up, “are you talking to me?” she raised her drawn eyebrows high, Krystal did not expect those things could actually move.

“That depends. Do you think I am?” Krystal replied simply.

          Her response managed to get the whole class laughing and the scene that was unfolding infront of their eyes suddenly seemed to be worth watching. Before the petite blonde girl even responded, Miss Jaehui walked into the class clicking her heels loudly against the tiled floor – a sign for a very much needed silence from everybody as they turned their bodies facing their homeroom tutor.

“Is something going on?” Miss Jaehui asked while scanning the class, her eyes transfixed on Krystal to begin with.

                In just a split second, Krystal lost interest in everything that was going on within the walls of her classroom and let her mind wander off. She knew she was supposed to offer an answer to her tutor but she really could care less. Turning her head to her right, she gazed outside the classroom window which was overlooking a nearby mini park and since it was autumn, everything looked simply captivating. To her surprise, that familiar figure was there again. This time though, instead of walking around the area, he sat quite still on one of the benches and had his head low as if he was praying. Krystal squinted to get a better look but before she could even get a clearer view, her name was called upon and she sighed.

                5 minutes later, after answering the tutor’s sudden question correctly and leaving more girls frustrated, Krystal jerked her head more to her right hoping to get a better look again. She was wearing a frown because whoever it was that had caught her attention was now gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Lu Han walked lazily across the hall as if he had weights on his shoulders, dragging his worn out sneakers against the floor scraping his soles even more. As a senior, he was pretty much stressed out but he knew better than to get his attention wavering like that or he would be paying a pretty high price for both his parents back in Beijing. He had a sapphire blue checkered shirt on and a dark blue denim jacket over it, ready to hit the doors to get to the next building for his next class.

                Laughters from a nearby class made him stopped dead in his tracks. A particular girl caught his eyes and he began to scan her features even more. He leaned against the wall while observing. She had a small frame just like he does but he could guess she does possess the height judging by her long legs stretching from underneath the table. He chuckled when he noticed that an argument was unfolding between her and a rather petite girl. Folding his arms across his chest, he admired her ability to keep a straight face and for that reason alone, he was intrigued. Who was she?

“Hyung, what are you doing?” a familiar intrusion overwhelmed him and he hissed at Sehun who was approaching him at a steady pace.

“Shh. See that girl?” he pointed with his lips, pursing it. Sehun was a bit puzzled but he turned his head anyway.

“Which one? The one sitting?” Sehun scanned the class while raising his eyebrows, burying his hands inside his pockets.

Ne. Do you happen to know her? Since you’re in the same year as her.” Lu Han nudged Sehun’s ribs causing him to wince slightly, “while I’m on it, aren’t you supposed to be in class?” he added.

Sehun smirked and shook his head violently, “nope I’m pretty much free today.”

“That’s a lie.” Lu Han raised his eyebrows and Sehun laughed hard raising his arms in the air as a sign of surrender.

“Fine, it was. But really my classes are boring and by the look of her face, you know I’m not lying about that.” Sehun pointed at the girl, chuckling under his breath.

“I’m surprised just how well you still do in your recent tests since you don’t attend classes, tsk Sehun. Now tell me who is she?” Lu Han urged, giving Sehun another look.

“And I’m surprised you don’t know her. She’s the sister of Jessica Jung. Girls’ Generation. Seo Nyeo Shi Dae. Does that ring a bell?” Sehun shook his head as Lu Han continued to give him a puzzled look.

“Forget it. I still wonder though how people could refer to you as ‘cool’ seeing as you don’t even know these things hyung,” sighing, Sehun continued on. “Her name’s Krystal. Krystal Jung. She just transferred back here again after her long vacation back in the States. She’s quite popular with her cold attitude.”  Sehun introduced.

“Cold huh?” Lu Han asked rhetorically.

“She’s my age, I’m of course older but she’s really bright.” Sehun added confidently.

“A female version of you perhaps?” Lu Han chuckled under his breath. Sehun who was caught offguard, actually stopped to think for a while and then a tiny smile curved at the corner of his lips.

“No, not quite. I smile a lot, she doesn’t. She gets the attention, I don’t.” Sehun shrugged.

“She’s intriguing. Hold on – how do you know about her so much?” suddenly paying attention fully to Sehun, Lu Han punched his arms lightly teasing him.

 “I’m Oh Se Hun. I’m not just a pretty face.” Sehun smirked and waved his hyung off. “Go, your class is going to start soon.”

              Lu Han who had been distracted, shuffled his way quickly to the main door and find his way out of the building. His figure slowly faded into the light and Sehun could not see his hyung anymore. Leaning against a nearby locker, he turned his head facing the girl they were talking about just earlier on. She was no longer facing the tutor, he noticed. She had her attention somewhere else as he noticed her gaze was now constantly facing the window and outside the building.

                Still burying his hands deep inside his pockets, he continued to observe her. He noticed she chewed on her lower lip every now and then and she had a habit of covering . Truth was though, it was not the first time that he had been observing her and he shooked his head, chuckling in his throat. Walking off in the opposite direction to that of Lu Han’s, he looked down at his feet as he walked and smiled to himself.

“Intriguing indeed.” He muttered under his breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Rubbing his palms together, he blew his breath low into his cupped hands again and placed them on both his cheeks trying to escape the chills. Kai sighed heavily as he lowered his head even more towards his lap, still rubbing his palms together. Not lifting his head, he continued to arrange his thoughts in his mind. Bringing his right hand to his hair, he purposedly ruffled them up before brushing them back slowly.

Jongin, it’s gonna be OK.

                Kim Jongin, better known by his friends as Kai, lifted his head and squinted as a glare attacked his face softly. He managed to look upwards and outline the college building with just his gaze. He could have sworn someone was looking right at him and he hated that feeling simply cause he felt he was vulnerable at best. He enjoyed just observing the college grounds from the park because to him an overview of a scene had always matter the most – plus, he really did not fancy bumping into anyone.

                He was scheduled to start his first college day three days ago as a new transferred student but being a rebel, rules really could appeal the least to his eyes. A part of him agreed that maybe he was still upset due to the fact that his family moves all the time. As he ventured to more foreign places, he began to shut himself out more and more. He just could not understand why he had to attend school again when in the end, he would still leave like he usually did. He had been wearing the same poker expression for months now and he seemed to like this new change in his attitude. He might be vulnerable but he was not about to let himself open up to someone just like that.

                At 19 years of age, Kai looked much more mature than other boys his age. He had a slender figure with an admirable height to match. He had a body posture of his own that shouted his confidence in every direction possible. His gaze was always constant and analytical, as if speculating everything he sees. His skin was, however, slightly darker than everyone else’s here so he had always chosen to wear darker colours on him to avoid attention.

                5 minutes later, Kai was startled again by the same feeling that someone really was watching him from afar and he began to feel agigated. Looking around to confirm his suspicions, he failed to affirm anything. Frustrated, he started walking with a heavy heart towards the main entrance of the building. Before he continued, however, he looked up to a certain window sill to find a dark-haired girl gazing to the bench that he sat on earlier. From his current angle, she could not see him anymore and that was highly favourable to him. So he was right all this time, someone really had been watching him.

But who was she?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: How was that for starters?

Thank you and please read and review.