The Goodbye

Music Box

 

          It was early in the morning when Hye Jin went to the antique store, again to say bye to the owner.

 

          “Annyeong Halmunni!” she said as she entered the store.

          “Oh Hye Jin-ah, Are you going to look at that music box again?”

          “I’m going to say goodbye halmunni.”

          “You’re going again?”

          “Yes. I don’t know when will I be back or will I ever be back here.”

          “How about him?”

 

          She just looked at Halmunni and played the music box once more. She smiled while listening to it.

 

          “Maybe when I get back, I’ll know the real purpose of this. And I hope my decision was right.”

 

          Halmunni just nodded. Then she went out and said goodbye.

 

          “You just have to wait and believe dear…” halmunni murmured while watching Hye Jin take her way.

 

          Hye Jin went to the airport.

 

          Meanwhile, Taeyang was so energetic to go to their practice for today because of Hye Jin’s affection for him the other day but CL suddenly came rushing to him giving him a letter.

 

          “What’s this?”

          “Just read it.” She said with her face so sad and her eyes swollen.

 

Oppa,        

          Annyeong! Sorry if I had to do it this way. I can’t tell you straight away because I’m afraid to see your face when I’ll bid you goodbye. Today, I’m going to America again. I don’t wanna be selfish anymore. I don’t wanna hurt you as well as your fans. I know I don’t suit a great guy like you but you are the most precious thing that happened to me. I don’t know if I’ll ever come back but I’ll promise you that I’ll grow to be a better Cha Hye Jin in the future. Please, don’t follow me anymore. I love you. I love you so much…

 

          He was shocked to see the letter. “So this is why she was acting strange yesterday.” was circulating his mind.

 

          “Chae Rin-ah, where is Hye Jin?” she didn’t say a word.

          “CHAE RIN-AH!!!!!!!” CL’s tears started to ran down.

          “She doesn’t want me to tell you, I’m sorry…” Taeyang held CL’s arms and pleaded.

          “Chae-rin, you know how much I love her… I’m begging you…”

 

          CL said the place to Taeyang so he rushed to go there. When he was at the airport everyone was looking at him. The other fans were going crazy but he was more furious, he doesn’t care about anybody anymore, he only cares for one person. Finally he saw her.

 

          “Oppa, why?” she said stunned to see him. He embraced her.

          “Hye Jin-ah, stay here. Stay with me.”

          “No. Listen to me.” She held his face.

          “We can’t be together. Everyone is against us. We need to stop hurting everyone. Huh? Please let me go.”

          “No. you’re more important to them. Hye Jin-ah.” Both of them started crying.

          “You love your fans, right? Without them you are nothing and what you love, I will love. I don’t want to hurt them anymore and I wanna grow up. I wanna be a lady suitable for you someday.”

          “You’ll be back, right? You’ll call me right?” she shook her head.

          “Hye Jin-ah, don’t be like this!” he said with his tears creeping down. She gave her a goodbye kiss as her tears came down. They felt the pain of departure. Taeyang embraced her tightly.

          “Oppa, let go!”

          “No!”

 

          The people in the airport just watched the tableau going on.

 

          “DONG YOUNG BAE, will you still act like this? You’re a man, right? Stop this. I don’t want to continue this anymore! Don’t you understand! I don’t wanna be selfish anymore. If we will continue this we will just hurt each other more and the people around us. YG, Big Bang, your fans, the both of us, we are just giving pain to one another. Let go!” she pushed her hard that made him let her go. She turned away.

          “Hye Jin-ah, I’ll wait for you no matter what! Saranghae!”

 

          She didn’t look back but she continued to walk. Taeyang’s managers came. They held him back because he was trying to go after her.

          “HYE JIN-AH!!!!!”

 

Hye Jin walked every heavy step until she flew away to America.