Chapter Five

Almond Blossom

 

AN: So Sorry for the late update again. huhu /cries. I hope you forgive me guys. But still, thank you for still being there and still reading my story. It really means a lot to me. and so sorry but this chapter doesn't really have much Myungzo moments. anyway guys, I am actually introducing a new character/s so stay tuned! I love you guys and I will talk to you on my next chapter. xoxo. -Nabi

 

Chapter 5

The weekend passed by like a blur.  And here was Suji. Lying on her bed, eyes wide and staring at her ceiling. She woke up a little early, earlier than her alarm on her nightstand, and slept only little last night, because of all the thoughts that consumed her mind. That consist of what might happen on this early Monday of October. And also, she was thinking of how she would handle all of it. How she would handle those stare and those piercing, hurtful and judging words.

It was after a couple of minutes when her alarm started making noise. She slowly reached out on it and gently tapped the stop button with her fingers. Slowly, she sat up on her bed and in a deep breath. Holding it in she stood up and made her way to the bathroom. She stopped at the sink and released the air that she held as she looks in the mirror.

                Time to face the world again, Suji. She said in her head.

                Be strong… She inwardly commanded while staring at the reflection of her own eyes.

                “Be strong.” She repeated her thoughts but this time she was voicing it out. Meditating herself to be strong but mostly also telling her heart to be strong.

                She the sink and splash her face with cold water before brushing her teeth, grabbing the toiletries and heading on to shower

------.

Suji met Myungsoo at the bus stop that is nearest on their house.

                Myungsoo was sitting on the railing at the shed and stood up when he saw her approaching.  Myungsoo looked at her with gentle and worried eyes.

                She sat down once she got there and looked from a far. Myungsoo followed and sat just like while ago but now more closer to Suji.

                “Are you okay?” He asked.

                She looked and him and shook her head. No.

                Myungsoo sighed.

                “Are you going to be okay?” He asked again, rephrasing his question.

                It was after a few seconds when she nodded.

------.

                The bus ride from school was unusually quiet. They chose to sit in the middle row of the bus. Suji was at the window while Myungsoo was beside her.  Suji had her earphones on while looking out on the window while Myungsoo stared straight ahead.

She knows that he is worried about her. The way that he fidgets on his fingers proved that he is, indeed, worried and has something bothering him on his mind. She looked at him, and he stared back with questioning eyes when he felt her gaze.

She smiled to reassure him that she’s going to be fine. But the smile did not reach her eyes and Myungsoo saw it. She retreated back on looking on the window. Myungsoo let out a gentle sigh then suddenly grasped Suji’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

“I’ll be here, okay? If anything happens… I’ll be here.” He said with a gentle voice and then let go of her hand.

The sudden actions made Suji’s heart become warm and made it skip a beat. Just like when he hugged her on a recent Friday night, the action and his words were very comforting, but what made her heart skip was the electricity that she feels whenever he touches her.

And she wondered if he can feel it too.

------.

                Walking through the hallway was the same as it is when she walked there in the morning. Everyone stared and whispered among themselves, and Suji felt belittled, intimidated and frightened. But she held her head high and her weak heart finds even just a smallest pieceinside of her that is strong and clings tightly into it.

                It was lunch break and Suji did not go to the canteen like she usually does. Just because, although she is holding on right now, doesn’t mean that she is strong enough togo to a room full of more students, a room that almost all the population of the students go into.

                Her feet dragged her on its own, as if it was on auto-pilot while she just stare straight ahead. While she was walking, her mind was far away. It was far away but held no thoughts… blocking it. Because she doesn’t want to think, because if she did, it will just make her weak and the strength that she have will burst and fade away like a bubble.

                She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard a ring. It was coming from her phone. She grabbed it from her bag and looked at the screen.

                It was Hyera.

                She stood there just watching her phone and staring at the screen, until the call ended. She swiped her phone open and texted Hyera that she will not be joining her on lunch because she still has homework that she did not finish, which is a lie. She did all of her homework to keep her mind off of reality.

                After hitting the send button, Suji looked up into her surroundings. She is in the hallway near the door of the school’s library.

                I’m here anyways might as well. She thought.

                She walked until she’s in front of the door and pushed it open. The library only has a few students, and it gave Suji a relief. The students inside were mostly engrossed on what they’re reading or on what they’re writing.

                She finds a spot at the back where it is the most unnoticeable and decided to sat there. She shrugged her bag off of her shoulders and put it on the table in front of her. Suddenly, her phone vibrated on her hand.

                It was a message from Hyera.

 

                                From: Kang Hyera

Oh… okay. Myungsoo’s

with me as well.

 And he was looking

for you too.

Where are you anyways?

 

                Suji did not reply because she knows that if she told them where she was, they would immediately follow her, and she did not want that. All she wants right now it to be along, just for now.

                Suji put her phone her pockets and folded her arms on the table, then laid her head against it. She only had five hours of sleep last night because of her thoughts about going to school today.

                She was contemplating if she is going to sleep or not, but decided not to. Because if she did, she might not hear the bell ring that signals that the lunch break is over. And coming on class late will just gain more attention.

                She pulled her head up and looked at her watch. She still has thirty minutes to spare.

                So she stood up and went to the shelves to find some book to read for her mind to be preoccupied.

                Her eyes was rummaging through the books on the shelves when a certain book caught her eyes. Of all those colourful books between them was a simple brown covered  book that doesn’t have any title or letter engraved on it. Curiosity win her over and she went ahead and held out her hand to pull the book out of it place but she was stopped when she saw another hand also reaching out on the same book. Their hands touched for a second and Suji was startled and retrieved her hand back. Based on the hand’s structure, it was a hand of a guy.

                She then looked up to see who he was.

End of Chapter 5.

 

AN: So Sorry for the late update again. huhu /cries. I hope you forgive me guys. But still, thank you for still being there and still reading my story. It really means a lot to me. and so sorry but this chapter doesn't really have much Myungzo moments. anyway guys, I am actually introducing a new character/s so stay tuned! I love you guys and I will talk to you on my next chapter. xoxo. -Nabi