Found You!

Found You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The last bell rang and students began to run out of the school, leaving it empty. You stayed behind to clean the messy white words on the chalk board for a ‘being late’ punishment. Your head hung low wanting to go home and regret staying up late last night to watch your favorite drama series. You let out a soft sigh and pouted while your hand moved up and down the black dusted board.

The teacher who was sitting by her desk correcting papers stood up. She black heels tapped to you, “I’ll be leaving. Close the door when you’re done.”  You continued to brush off the words on the board as she fixed her thin framed glasses. She dusted off her black blouse shirt when little pieces of the chalk landed. “Bye,” and she finally took her leave.

It was about twenty minutes when you were done sponging it with wet water and drying it, making it spotless clean. You closed the door and hooked your small creamed backpack around your exhausted shoulders. Your hand slightly pulled your long straight hair releasing the grip between your back and bag. You combed it as it flew off your left shoulder loosening the nods on the edge.

You began making your way down the quiet hallway when you heard a steady piano piece being played. Your feet dragged you to the sound and led you into the choir room. Your ears caught a soft and beautiful voice following the piano. You slowly peeked in as you opened the dark wooden door. Your eyes spotted a figure sitting on the cushioned piano bench. Your hazed eyes followed the back of his dark black hair to his thin fingers on the keys when he motioned to the side.

You stood there listening to his beautiful voice filling the big room. He stopped playing after a few minutes, which seemed like hours to you, and you suddenly felt something pulled your weaken arms out of the room. In the hallway, you stared at what was gripping onto you.

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” Taja, your best friend, said when you two finally got to the end of the hall. “You promise to treat me to some snacks, so I waited for you outside, but you never showed up.”

You two got to the front door, “I’m sorry. I overslept and have to stay afterwards.” Your best friend’s face softened down as you kept going, “Then I got distracted.” Her light blond hair jumped up and down with her head nodding. “Let’s go then,” you made your final statement and led out the doors. You swear you heard the tune from the choir room replayed from inside the school as you stepped down the steps. Your head tilted with your eyebrows narrowing to your eyelids thinking how you’re going to find the guy out of all the students in their school.

In the early morning, you rushed out of your house with a pieced of golden toast hanging out your mouth. You made to the choir room catching your breath, hoping to see the guy again. To your surprise, there were a few students in the room since it was so early before school started. Your head turned to the group by the corner in the black stool chairs.

Your legs barely made it to them from all the running this morning and you were greeted by the guy in light gray hair. “Hi, Jina!” His tanned face lifted waving heavily at you.

You smiled in return, “Hi, N.” You swung your bag off from one of your shoulders and pulled out a music sheet with a yellow post-it note sitting in the middle. “Do you know a guy who sings this?”

“How did you get that?” N’s head leaned to his side a little reading the big printed words of ‘Save Room.’ “Only the choir students can take that.”

“I went back after hanging out with Taja and took it from the piano stand. Now answer my question,” your thin eyebrows narrowed when you pulled the sheets back. You were being patient, but inside you wanted to know quickly since he never answered your simple question.

Ken, the guy next to N, scratched the side of his lighten coffee hair and also stared at the music sheet. His eyes read the notes on the post-it. “Black hair, seems tall (about 180-183 cm), and good at sing. “ He t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter