When Boy Meets Girl

Lost and Found

It was the night of a charity event that Junhyung was brought to by his parents. The banquet hall was decked from top to bottom with beautiful decorations, from the ceiling hung beautiful crystal chandeliers, the tables had exotic flowers and dimly lit candles, people walking the floors with exquisite finger foods and champaign. He shook hands with a smile to the many people his mother and father had introduced him to. Junhyung being the obedient son he was allowed himself to be dragged to this charity event held for some of the most important people around the world. His parents couldn't miss the opportunity to show off their promising son, the bright future of the Yong Corporation.

 

Junhyung growing up endured strenuous tutoring, many different types of lessons ranging from music, etiquette, business management, you name it he most likely trained for it. His friends were pre-approved by his parents. He had gotten lucky with a few and found comfort in their friendship. They came from the same background as him. Junhyung never was given the chance to act like a child, resulting in him being mature beyond his years. He promised himself that if he ever had children in the future he would never raise them in the manner of which he was brought up. He would shower them with attention, and give them everything he never had. Though he grew up with many privileges in life, he never once knew or felt the meaning of love, or what it was to really live.

 

After a lap around the large, extravagantly decorated venue, he was fairly sure that he had shook hands with almost every person present. Junhyung politely excused himself from his parents side to go to the restroom. He washed his hands, and leaned forward, placing his hands on the marble countertop looking at his reflection. He breathed in and out slowly trying to regain his composure. This was exhausting, he knew nothing of these people or the relevance of meeting every single last one of them. He dried the remaining droplets of water that remained on his clean hands, straightened his clothes, and walked out in search of his parents. He spotted them by the refreshments table that was located not too far from the main entrance. He walked up to them with a smile, and they happily greeted him in return. They filled him in on what he had missed while he was away. He tried to remain focused on what they were saying, but started to mentally drift away from the conversation. His eyes started to wander away looking at his surrounding, until his search stopped at the entrance. He saw the two well dressed elder people who had walked in first, then the beautiful creature that stood confidently by their side. In that very moment he froze, unable to take his gaze away from the person who just graced the room with her heavenly presence.

 

Hyuna walked into the room with her parents at her side. She was wearing a beautiful white high-low flowing gown that showed her long, slender legs, silver open-toed heels that showed her well pedicured feet, a diamond necklace that displaying her elegance well. Her brown hair flowed down her shoulders in wavy curls, her make up was simple and classy, allowing people to admire her natural beauty, her lips shone in a pink gloss that complimented her beautifully plump lips. They decided to pause for a moment, taking in the ambiance and surroundings. She peered around the room and appreciated the beautiful scenery before her, she saw many people talking amongst themselves, she smiled slightly at the happy environment, continuing her gaze until her eyes met with a guy that appeared to be the same age as her, his appearance was polished and refined. He wore a perfectly tailored black suit, a white dress up shirt under the blazer, tied together with a black, silver and white stripped tie, and polished dress shoes that exhumed his professional appearance. His hair was brownish/black that was parted to the side. His eyes are what caught her attention, his captivating brown orbs that seemed to be peering into the depth of her soul.

 

"Junhyung dear,” his mother once again tried to regain his attention. She trailed his gaze in search of the cause of his distraction. Once she reached it she scoffed. He shook his head, intentionally trying to break free of the trance he found himself in. “I'm sorry Mother, what were you saying?” Bringing his attention back to her. She scoffed again, leaving Junhyung confused, but he ignored it. He quickly took a glance back to the entrance from the corner of his eye, but she was gone. “I suppose we should go greet them,” he heard his father quietly say to his mother. She discretely rolled her eyes and sighed, something that went noticed by Junhyung. He furrowed his brows for a moment. His mother linked her arm with his father, and glued a fake smile onto her face, she turned her head back at Junhyung, “Come dear, there is someone you have yet to meet." Junhyung didn't like her underminding tone, it lacked the enthusiastic tone that she had while introducing his to the hundreds of other people he was forced to meet that night. What made these people any different?

Junhyung caught up to his parents, he looked forward to see that they were walking in the direction of the couple he had seen just moments ago, who had positioned themselves to the opposite side of the entrance as their previous location. Where was the girl he saw with them? "Be polite dear," his father warned his mother. The couple glanced at his parents and stopped talking, then smiled. "Mother, Father, I brought you a drink." The girl happily said to her parents. "Thank you dear," they smiled and gently took the drinks from her hands, being sure not to spill them. They looked up from their daughter and exchanged glances with the Yongs. "How do you do this evening?" Her mother asked politely to them. Hyuna carefully yet quickly turned to face them with a smile and a polite bow. "We're doing well, thank you for asking." Junhyung's mother replied with the same fake tone, and smile she had worn on the way to them. "That's good to hear, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Hyuna." Her father had said to them. Hyuna took her que and introduced herself with a smile, "Hello, my name is Hyuna it is very nice to meet you." Her father patted her back and smiled obviously very proud. "It's nice to meet you Hyuna, this is our son Junhyung, he will be taking over the company one day." His father boasted. That was Junhyung's cue, "Good evening, my name is Junhyung, It's very nice to meet you." He smiled and shook hands with her parents, then turned to Hyuna, "And its very nice to meet you,

It wasn't until Junhyung's mother cleared that they noticed they hadn't broken eye contact nor stopped smiling. "That would be great, wouldn't it yeobo?" Hyuna's mother happily said to her father. "Yes, fantastic." He replied. Junhyung's parents on the otherhand weren't happy to say the least, but they covered it well with their fake smiles. "Junhyung dear, we should be going, I believe the announcements will be starting soon." His mother exclaimed in hopes of putting some distance between Hyuna and him. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you," Junhyung politely bowed excusing himself to catch up with his parents that have already started walking away. Hyuna scrambled quickly, she grabbed a clean napkin from a table, and asked her mother if she had a pen. Her mother quickly pulled one out of her clutch and gladly handed it to her daughter.  After Junhyung had taken a couple steps, "Junhyung-shi!" She ran to him and put a napkin into his hand, "It was nice to meet you too." And with that she smiled and turned to walk back her parents.

Junhyung look down to the folded napkin she put in his hand, there written was her phone number. A smile unknowingly had crept onto his face. "Junhyung!" his mother grew impatient with him. He quickened his pace and caught up to them. "Junhyung dear, I don't want you getting too close to that girl." his mother requested. Again he furrowed his brows and he was confused. "May I ask why Mother?" His mother was taken back with his question. Normally Junhyung would just obey any requests she may have, without any furthur reason. He too was caught off guard by his sudden defiance. Why did he feel he couldn't let go of this girl that he just met? Why did he feel so drawn to her? "Junhyung, you need to stay focused on the company. You have come so far, we can't have any distractions." His father reasoned. Junhyung pursed his lips and nodded his head, "I understand Father."

The night dragged on, Junhyung would steal glances towards Hyuna, and she would also sneek a peek toward him. They would smile descretely when they would lock eyes. The attraction was undeniable. His parents were discussing business talk with some other people, he was standing behind them idly. Again he glanced toward Hyuna's and felt a small ping in his stomach when he saw that she was speaking to another guy. 'What is wrong with me?' He thought to himself, unsure of what he was feeling. All of a sudden he was feeling insecure? He looked away, trying to shake the feeling, not wanting to see her smiling to another man. A couple minutes later, he risked another look. He saw her say something to her mother, then start to walk away. She was alone. He watched to see which direction she was heading. "Mother, Father, I'm going to excuse myself. I want to get some fresh air." He said. His parents so caught up in conversation nodded in acknowledgement and furthered their converstation.

Hyuna stood on the terrace enjoying the night view. She stood infront of the rails, with her hands gripping them lightly. The breeze hit her gently causing her hair to flow and shine in the moonlight. Junhyung leaned on the closed door watching her silently. She looked beautiful, the way the moonlight shone on her, accenting her profile making him breathless. How could such perfection exist in this world? He lightly pushed himself off the door and quietly walked toward her. She was so absorbed in the peaceful setting, eyes closed lettting the breeze relax her further, she hadn't noticed that Junhyung was standing right next to her, admiring her features. He had an overwhelming desire to hold her, and pull her into his embrace. He disregarded that feeling, not wanting to startle her. She took a deep breath, then started to slowly open her eyes. She gasped seeing Junhyung so close looking at her. "I appologize, I didn't mean to startle you. You looked so peaceful I didn't want to ruin it." He said gently to her. She looked down and nodded, she then looked up to him with a smile, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "How long have you been here, Junhyung-shi?" she asked. "Not long, I came out to get some fresh air, sometimes these funtions can be suffocating." He said with a slight smile, purposely leaving out the part that he followed her. She smiled lightly, and turned her sights back to the starfilled sky. "I agree, sometimes it's a little overwhelming. I come because it will make my family happy, they put so much faith in me," she took a deep breath, then turned to face him, "Devoting my life, for the people I love, that love me, it's the least I can do."

He felt lost, not knowing the entire meaning or the depth of what she just said, it left him frozen in his place. "How does it feel to be loved? What does it mean to love?" he asked honestly, keeping eye contact with her. She looked deep into his eyes, seeing the pain and loneliness hidden within them. Just then Hyuna felt a powerful surge running through her body, making her act without thinking. She quickly looked to his lips and swiftly filled the gap between them, throwing her arms around his neck and urgently crashing her lips with his. She shut her eyes tightly, while Junhyung widened his. Many thoughts flood his mind, there was a mixture of emotion stiring within him. His heart beat so quickly he thought it would pound right out of his chest. Never had a kiss felt like this. He quickly wrapped one arm around her waist, and secured the other behind her head, pulling her in closer. Both noticed how perfectly their lips fit together. Her palms and fingertips ran from the back of his head, through his hair, slid down the back of his neck, then stopped at his chest. She gently pushed herself away from him, breaking the kiss and putting some space between them. What did she just do? She tried to catch her breath and looked down to her feet. Junhyung looked at her worried, before he could say anything she bit her bottom lip, then spoke. "I'm...I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking...I shouldn't have..." she said without looking up to him. He reached his arm out to her face, and gently lifted her head to look at him. He could see tears forming in her eyes that glistened in the moonlight. "Shhh, there is no need to apologize. You've done nothing wrong." he said while carressing her cheek with his thumb. She closed her eyes tightly, feeling his thumb carressing her cheek, then opened her eyes to look at his. "I just met you, I shouldn't have...I'm so sorry." She lifted her hands to remove his hand from her face, and began to run off.

Junhyung sat on a bench on the terrace, starring at the night sky lost in his own thoughts. What just happened? He brought his fingertips  to his lips. He's kissed girls before, he's secretely dated a few before, but never had any of them made him feel the way he felt the second his lips came into contact with Hyuna's. It's as if one kiss wouldn't be enough, he strangely finds himself wanting more. He couldn't stand the thought of never being able to taste her sweet lips again. Why had she responded like that? He didn't understand, but he was going to find out, he couldn't allow her to escape so easily.

 


Phew, so this is the first chapter. It's SUPER long, and I hope all of you enjoy it! I can't promise that the chapters will always be this long, so please don't be too upset if any of the chapters after this are a little more short, I wanted to have a strong first chapter. I worked really hard on it! Please show me your support and leave comments, I love to hear your thoughts, it's what keeps me motivated! Lots of love, see you next time! :)