Warmth

Warmth

 

. w a r m t h .

happy birthday, lee hyukjae.

 


 

 

Donghae sat on the abandoned swing, using his legs to move the swing. He watched the people passing by in the park. All of them wore the same boring shirt as him. No family visited as he once wished for the last three years. Some of Donghae’s friends (were they his friends? He barely knew their names) were laughing happily with the strong people (Donghae addressed them this) watching over them. Leeteuk was away for while because the lady from the office called him just now.

 It was almost twilight and the sky was turning orange-ish with a few shades of grey painting the huge firmament up there. Donghae loved the sky because it could be any color he liked; it’s colorful and fun. The warm spring breeze blew softly, tickling Donghae’s cheeks in the gentlest way and he smiled at the friendly feeling in his heart. Donghae almost giggled inaudibly at the feeling.

The wind or breeze was nice, it kept Donghae warm –not too hot and not too cold but since it’s already spring, the breeze came along with its slight coldness which Donghae did not mind. Breeze was nice after all. He smiled, his lips curving up into a nice shape (one that Leeteuk always adored, saying how much he resembled a little cute puppy. At which Donghae beamed delightfully.)

As he sat there and kept his eyes on nothing in particular, he felt another presence next to him. Another friend. Donghae’s lips formed a smile before he turned to his side to welcome the newcomer, a boy, with a smile. His smile revealed his pearly white teeth. Donghae wanted to say his greeting to his new friend, welcoming the boy with the warmth of the spring –the warmth he had inside him because Donghae liked to share what he had.

“I’m Hyukjae,” the newcomer introduced himself in the meantime Donghae was arranging his sentence in his mind. Donghae smiled and giggled. Hyukjae stared at him for a while, giving him a confused look. Donghae’s eyes were shut close and his thin lips were pressed together.

New friend is fun and cute.

“Hae likes you. You greeted Hae first, I’m Donghae,” Donghae said, closing his eyes in contentment when the spring breeze blew past him once again. He treasured the feeling; the warmth that wavered beautifully and mixed with all other thing inside him.

“What are you doing here? Why are you here?” Hyukjae asked.  He involuntarily shivered at the cold breeze blew past him because of his thin clothes. He could feel Donghae’s eyes gazing on him.

Hyukjae was nice and good-looking. His brown hair danced to the soft music created by the gentle breeze. His almond-shaped eyes sparkled in the dim light of sunset. His full lips were pressed together to form a delicate smile. Donghae kept observing him –drowned in his own thought.

“Donghae?” Hyukjae looked back at Donghae, bewildered.

“My family sent me in. I don’t know the reason and they never come back, though.”

“Oh.”

“What about you?”

“I was here for some reasons I never knew,” Hyukjae heaved out a sigh and the silence took over the atmosphere.

“Hyukjae and Donghae are the same,” Donghae stated, breaking the uncomfortable silence and flashed a smile at Hyukjae, spreading the warmth. They sat there for another 10 minutes, spending the time without any words and appreciating each other’s company.

Donghae felt someone leave and he kept his smile.

Leeteuk joined Donghae five minutes later. The sky was turning dark as the pitch black canvas was covering the previous orange painting. Donghae did not like it. Black was boring (and white too as it was the only color available in Donghae’s room). He complained about the sky at Leeteuk and Leeteuk caressed Donghae’s soft hair fondly, promising the boy that the sky would turn to the color Donghae liked the next day. Donghae bought that. He believed everything Leeteuk said because Leeteuk was nice, the nicest man here. Leeteuk was his hyung, hyung never lied to Donghae.

“Ah, Donghae forgot to introduce Hyukjae to Teukie,” Donghae murmured between Leeteuk’s words of getting him inside the building because the dinner was being served and Donghae should be in his room for his dinner.

“Hyukjae? A new friend?” Leeteuk smiled softly. He tried his best to maintain his voice from wavering. “How’s he? Is he nice?”

Donghae beamed, nodding gleefully. “He is! But he isn’t really talkative but Donghae likes his presence. It’s warmth. Leeteuk know right that Donghae loves warm feelings,” Donghae brought his right hand over his left chest, pressing his palm there.

Leeteuk nodded. He knew Donghae and he understood Donghae very well. “Of course I know. Now, c’mon. We should be having our dinner by now,” Leeteuk held Donghae’s wrist firmly and guided him into the white building.

“Donghae wants to meet Hyukjae tomorrow, can I?” Donghae said while they were walking on their way into the building.

“Sure.”

“But Sungminnie didn’t appear the last time we promised to meet again,” Donghae stopped walking, his lips curved into a pout, scowling and clearly disliking his idea.

Because they don’t exist. “He was busy,” Leeteuk hugged Donghae by the shoulders and walked into the building.

“Hyukjae will come tomorrow, right?”

Leeteuk could only smile. It was just another day at the hospital.

 

-

END.

 

A/N: [130403] C’mon, shoot me. Angst runs in my blood like leucocytes.  I have no sense of fluff (for Eunhae, specifically). Thanks for reading, anyhow! Comment comment comment!

 

Yay! Happy burstday Lee Hyukjae! Happy birthday Hyukjae! Happy old-day Hyukjae! Happy 27-year old Hyukjae! Being awesome and y since 1986.

Ah, I wrote this, focusing on Donghae because I knew there would be tons of (Eunhae) fics focusing on Hyukjae, the birthday boy. So, why not reading some Eunhae focusing on Donghae? Weeeeeeee~ See, I make no sense there. Okay, ciao! Or maybe you guys want to follow me on twitter @yourhyuk.