Final

Happy 1000th! (Sequel of Childhood Romance.)

 

"Jinnie! I'm home~" L.Joe shouted as he stepped into the house. 

Hearing no reply, he shouted again, "Jinnie?"

"Is she not at home? Aish, this girl, she didn't even tell me where she'd be at. I came home early hoping to spend today with her," he sighed to himself as he searched for MinJi around the house. 

L.Joe became a member of Teen Top after dating MinJi for quite a while. The both of them have always heard that it'll be tough for them if they continue to be together, but none of them was willing to give up on each other. 

He sat on the couch and tried calling MinJi, but the calls were always led to the voicemail. She didn't reply to any of his messages either. Feeling hungry, he gave up trying to contact MinJi and headed to the kitchen. He just grabbed the plate of pastries on the table and went back to the living room.

MinJi loved baking, and she knew that L.Joe loved her pastries; hence, she'd bake some when she's free. Who knows that it'll help fill Mr. Lee's stomach this time?

Being a camwhore freak, he took a photo of those pastries and himself before uploading it on Instagram. "Yummy pastries!" The caption wrote.

One bite.

Two bites.

Three bites.

"Uhm?" He felt something hard. He took the item out and realised it's a little note. 

He opened the note and it read, "Annyeong, my Hunnie. If I'm not wrong, this would be the first cake that you'd be eating, because you always ate the cheese cake first, keke." 

L.Joe smirked after reading and said, "hmm, you know me well? I'm not gonna eat what I always eat second now, I'm gonna skip to the last!"

Instead of eating, he just tore the cake apart and took the little note out. "Uh-uh, no cheating! Babe, I know you too well ;)" The second note read. 

Admitting defeat, L.Joe just ate the cakes the order that he had eaten them before, and the last note read, "Welcome to the last note, goodbye!" 

"This is the end? Seriously? This girl, still as cheeky as ever," L.Joe read the last note over and over again, not being able to believe his eyes. 

He took out his phone and was about to call MinJi when his phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?" He answered.

"Byunghun-ah, can we go and find you now? We're bored. And we should be celebrating today together, it's our o-" ChunJi's voice was heard from the other end.

"But I'm at home and you know that MinJi doesn't like it when the house is messy and noisy," L.Joe interrupted.

"Is she at home? If she isn't then it doesn't matter! We'll clean the place before she gets back. C'mon, only once? Please?" ChunJi begged. L.Joe thought it was weird for ChunJi to beg like that but he just shrugged it off and agreed. 

"MinJi-ah, don't blame me. You were the one who ignored my calls and messages." L.Joe said to himself as he texted MinJi once more to inform her that his brothers were coming over.



"Ding dong~ Ding dong~ Ding dong~" The 5 of them kept pressing the door bell continuously which led to L.Joe being more than frustrated.

"STOP IT, I'M COMING," L.Joe shouted as he went to the door, "I shouldn't have agreed to let you guys come over."

"Too bad you did. C'mon, let's have some fun! We brought snacks and drinks as well," Niel winked. 

"MinJi is gonna get so mad," L.Joe mumbled under his breath.

"Hyung, it's okay, it'll be alright, Noona won't be mad at you, trust me," Ricky consoled.

"What do you know? She really hates this," L.Joe sighed.

"Ah, hyung! Trust me for once! She won't be angry this time because sh-" Ricky stopped realising he said something wrong.

"Because?" L.Joe waited for his reply.

"Because she loves you," ChangJo answered.

"Yes! Because she loves you!" Ricky echoed ChangJo.

L.Joe thought they were weird, but he just couldn't be bothered with them. Since when were the maknaes normal?

-

During the first half of the gathering, L.Joe kept tidying up the place, in fear that MinJi may come home anytime soon, but he soon got tired of having to clean up the other 5 boys' tremendous amount of trash, and fell asleep on the sofa unknowingly.



"Ya, Byunghun-ah, where's MinJi? It's going to be 9pm in 15 minutes time and she's not back yet?" L.Joe heard CAP and he immediately shot up. 

He was searching for his phone to give MinJi a call when he noticed the floor filled with a large amount of drink cans, drink bottles, potato chips, tissue paper, and many more.

"WHAT THE. YA. WHY IS MY HOUSE SO MESSY NOW?! YOU GUYS BETTER CLEAN THEM UP BEFORE I SCREW YOU GUYS, YOU KNOW I MEAN IT!" L.Joe screamed at the top of his voice before dialling MinJi's number, making sure she won't be home anytime soon. 

However...

They all turned their heads towards the main entrance when they heard keys unlocking the door.

"."

"No."

"This can't be happening."

"What should we do?!"

"Hyung..."

"Oh, damn it, MinJi's gonna get real angry," L.Joe lowered his head. He knows that he won't have it easy this time.

"Honey, I'm home!" MinJi chirped happily as she walked to the living room. But what she saw changed her mood by 180º.

"Hi Honey!" L.Joe didn't know what else he could say to her. 

"Urgh, seriously? Lee Byunghun! You know that I hate it when our house is in a mess!" She said as she glared at him and went out of the apartment.

"See what you guys did," those words came out of L.Joe's mouth without any soul. MinJi would only call L.Joe by his full name when she is really mad.

The whole unit was filled with silence for 5 seconds until ChangJo spoke, "hyung, what're you still doing here? Get her back!"

With that encouragement, L.Joe fled out of his position. 

-

L.Joe dashed out of the house with only his phone and nothing else. He was searching high and low for her when he saw a familiar figure boarding the bus. 

"No, no, no!" He shouted as he ran after the bus, but sadly, the bus did not stop for him. He remembered the bus number though, and knew exactly where she was heading to. 

-

"MinJi-ah, are you there?" L.Joe shouted into the playground that they always went since they were young, "MinJi? I'm sorry; will you please come out now? Please..." 

Hearing no reply, he continued, "I'm really sorry, I promise that it won't happen again! Come out please..."

Then, he felt someone covering his eyes from behind. "Ya, who are you?" He asked, trying to keep his cool.

"Shh," the person simply replied and dragged him somewhere. 

"Ta-dah!" His "kidnapper" released her hands from his eyes and all he saw was candles on the sand, forming a sentence, and it read, "HAPPY 1000TH DAY, MY BABY BOY ♡" 

L.Joe was shocked and touched to an extent where words wouldn't come out from his mouth. He just looked at MinJi and pulled her in for a tight hug.

"Ya, babe, I can't breathe," MinJi told him, but L.Joe continued without loosening his grip. 

"So you aren't angry?" L.Joe asked.

"Why would I be?" MinJi chuckled, "let's go," she pulled back, and grabbed L.Joe's hand and ran.

"Where are we going?" L.Joe asked but MinJi refused to answer him.

-

"Ya, why are you guys so late?" ChunJi complained upon seeing the couple enter the empty cafe, "we're all hungry already."

MinJi giggled, "We’re sorry! Place your orders first! I need to use the washroom. Oh, and everything's on me tonight!"

"Woohoo!  MinJi, you're the best!" The boys cheered as MinJi headed to the ladies.

"Ya, don't order too much, MinJi doesn't earn much from her part-time job you know," L.Joe made sure the boys wouldn't use this chance to take advantage of his girlfriend. 

However, the 5 boys just ignored L.Joe and continued choosing food that they'd like to order. Just then, the lights went off.

"Oh? Is there a power failure?" Cap asked.

"Is anyone there? Hyung, what are we gonna do?" Ricky questioned anxiously.

"MinJi..." L.Joe immediately stood up, worried about her safety. Little did he expect...

"Happy 1000th Day, Teen Top!" MinJi said cheerfully as she walked towards the table from the back of the cafe carrying a cake with candles on her hands. 

"Geez, MinJi, thanks!" Niel was the first to speak after almost 10 seconds.

"We didn't expect you to prepare something for us as well. We thought that only Hyung would receive something," ChangJo added.

"What are you guys waiting for? Blow the candles quick! Otherwise you'd get burnt." MinJi giggled as she pointed to the candles which had their pictures on it. 

"Oh? Quick, hyung, quick!" Ricky said as he blew off his candle.

As soon as all of them blew the candles off, the lights went back on and they clapped. 

"MinJi-ah, thanks a lot," L.Joe spoke, giving a light smile while looking into MinJi's eyes.

"You don't have to thank me, this is what I ought to do," MinJi replied smiling.

"Nope, you didn't have to do this, you chose to do this," and with that, L.Joe lightly pecked MinJi on the lips.

They heard the rest giving a shriek before ChangJo continued, "ya hyung! We're still here you know!" 

"Jealous? Go find your own then," L.Joe teased.

"Sure. Noona, will you be my girlfriend? I'll treat you a hundred, a thousand times better than Hyung, I promise!" ChangJo joked. 

"Ya, I said find yours, not steal mine," L.Joe used his palm to hit the back of ChangJo's head lightly, and stared into MinJi's eyes after that, "and she's mine forever, no one will be able to take her away from me."

"Urgh, ya, since when did you become so mushy?!" ChunJi felt goosebumps on him.

"Hyung, if you continue talking and behaving like that, we won't be able to eat and digest our supper," Niel continued.

MinJi giggled, "Let’s place our order now, it's getting late already."



"So it was all on purpose?" L.Joe asked when they reached their apartment. The 5 boys were staying with them that night as well. 

"Duh, hyung, Noona came to find us early in the morning for you," ChangJo answered, "be touched." 

"Ah, that's why Ricky said that MinJi won't be angry even if the house is in a mess," L.Joe recalled.

"Yes! Ricky almost spilled the beans and I had to cover up for him," ChangJo said furiously.

"Hehe, sorry!" Ricky apologized.

"Then what were all those notes in the cakes for?" L.Joe faced MinJi. 

"Oh, those? They're just for fun actually. We were just waiting for you to upload a photo with the cakes on Instagram so that ChunJi knows when to call you," MinJi simply answered.

"How did you know that I'll upload a photo?" L.Joe asked curiously.

"Ya, who am I?" MinJi pinched his nose lightly and smiled to him.

"What am I gonna do without you?" L.Joe sighed as he hugged and kissed MinJi on her forehead. 

"Babe, they're here, we shouldn't do this in front of them," MinJi whispered.

"Don't worry, Noona! We've got our eyes covered!" Ricky responded, and the both of them turned, only to find the 5 of them with their hands on their eyes.