Chapter One

A Wretch Like Me

( Alois POV )

I look down at him with a tiny smile on my face. He looks so serene lying there, like a baby. His breathing is even and long, chest rising and falling like the tide as it slowly creeps onto shore and backs away. Ciel. My Ciel. So cute. Yet, I could never say that to his face because he'd yell at me, but it just makes him cuter.

He's so much better compared to me. I wonder why he loves a wretch like me.

I'm pathetic and weak. I'm such a child and he's so mature. My emotions are a tempest. It's a miracle he tolerates me. Why can't I be better? Why can't I be perfect for him? Why does he love me? I thought I wanted someone to love me and when I get it, why do I run? I'm such a coward. Damn him for loving me. Damn me for not being what he wanted. Why would he love me?

I gaze down once more at his pale face and see his eyes are open. Why was he awake so suddenly? I sit there and stare, waiting for him to answer. His eyes are so large and blue, like a sapphire. Then I see it. There was a tear on his cheek. Then I bite down on my lower lip and more tears fall onto his face. I must be crying. "Alois..." he mumbles as he wipes his cheeks and slowly sits upright.

"Are you okay...?"

I never heard his voice with such concern. Why does he love me? I grip my shorts in frustration before standing up abruptly, my tears flowing full force down my face. I didn't care, though. I didn't care if he saw me cry. I didn't care.

"Ciel Phantomhive! Why in the hell do you love me? I'm just a pathetic son of a who acts like a child compared to you! You should've just left me alone! Why haven't you left me like everyone else?" Why damn it!" I screamed and fell onto my knees, staring down at the oriental rug.

 

 

( Ciel POV )

Why was he suddenly like this? I was well aware that his emotions were a little uncontrollable, but not like this. Just minutes ago I was sleeping and I wake up to find the boy in tears. I dreaded the thought that it hurt me when he cried, yet it did. He was the only person in any world that could make me feel like this.

He asked repeatedly why I loved him. He was on his knees, looking away from me. I sat there for a while, trying to comprehend the meaning behind the question, but knowing him, he said exactly what he felt. And that was it.  I knew why I loved him. I just couldn't bring myself to fully say it. He should've known well by now that emotions weren't easy for me to come by and actually expressing them was harder.

Alois Trancy just loved making things a challenge for me.

Yes, the boy had his flaws, but there weren't anything major. The way he reacts to the dark or to being alone are cute. And when he acts seductive...let's just say it's pleasing. There were so many things about him that I didn't know, even if all of him were put on the table. Call it human instinct, but I wish to protect him. He's the most precious diamond, hard yet beautiful.

I stood up and walked until I was standing in front of the boy, holding out my hand to him. "Madame Trancy. May I have this dance?" I asked politely. Alois loved dancing for some reason, so I had a hunch that maybe if I danced with him, he would stop his crying. He looked up at me, his eyes red and puffy from wiping them so much with a smile dancing on his lips. "Why of course, Lord Phantomhive. But, allow me to powder my nose." he curtsied before heading upstairs.

Somehow, I knew what he was doing was not going to be good.

 

( Alois POV )

Ciel asked to dance! This was such a momentous occasion that I could not simply say yes and dance there. Not in a tear stained coat! I knew just how much he hated dancing, so I wanted it to be perfect. The last time we danced was....never, actually. Not a single dance since we fell in love. Meaning, it was our first dance! Such a momentous occasion indeed!

However, I was upset that he avoided my question. Sure, he wasn't the best at expressing himself until I came around, but it was still no excuse for him to think he could get out of it that easily. It was an important question! He better answer as we're dancing.

I stood back to admire the various clothes I had available to me. Sadly, nothing seemed to work. Naturally, I went over into Ciel's room and looked into his closet. Then I saw it. A pretty pink dress that had a tiny rose in the center of the bodice. It was absolutely perfect to wear. Except, it was too long. It would never work. How can I possibly get Ciel to do what I want without being able to seduce him? So, the only logical solution was to make some minor adjustments.

A few minutes later, I came back down the stairs in the dress. I had it cut to the mid thigh, just enough to show a bit of my legs before my black boots. I also had a suit for Ciel to wear, of course. "Lord Phantomhive, I do hope you like my clothing choice for the night." I said softly with a bow of my head.

 

 

( Ciel POV )

I waited. And waited. And waited. I was just about to go upstairs to fetch him, there he was at the top of the stairs in a familiar looking dress. Wasn't it the dress I wore as a girl...? Then I noticed that he was holding something else. A suit. He had worn the suit before, but he made adjustments to that as well. Something told me that Alois wasn't planning on another costume change.

But I eyed the rest of his outfit from his head to his toes before smiling. "You look...stunning, Madame Trancy." I bowed and offered out my hand to finally dance. Alois' face twisted in disapproval and he smacked the suit into my hand. I looked down at it and tossed it aside onto the couch. I didn't need stupid suits and frilly things to determine just how willing I was to dance with him.

"Please, Madame, I am a rather impatient man and I do not like waiting. May we get to dancing now?" I requested. Reluctantly, he nodded and finished his descent. I took his hand in mine before leading him into the front hall. Sure, it wasn't the best for dancing, but it would do. I hesitantly rested my hand against his waist. His waist was like that of most females in the way that it dipped inwards. Then again, his body itself was very feminine.

Alois smiled softly at me and gave a firm nod before I began the lead of the waltz. There was no one around, so no one could disturb us nor judge us. I stared at his pale blue eyes and smiled a little. His eyes were so expressive and beautiful. They showed so much emotion. He leaned his head against my shoulder and closed his eyes, softly whispering, "You never answered my question, Lord Phantomhive."

My hand cradled his waist gently, rubbing his pelvic bone caringly. "Why do I love you...", I mused aloud before kissing the top of his precious blonde head. "I love you because you are weak. You're vulnerable and you are very sweet. You display an array of emotions I've never seen in anyone else. Yes, you can be short-tempered, but it's not bad. I have a short temper as well." I started off. From the looks on his face, his eyes were tearing up. I hoped he wouldn't cry once more. "You possses such an energy that lights up a room. But most of all..." I said. Gently, I tilted his head up to look at me and placed a small kiss on his lips.

It felt pretty nice, kissing someone. It was my first...our first kiss since falling in love. From his body language, I could tell Alois was originally shocked, but he eventually melted into it and allowed his lips to mold into mine. We stayed like this for what seemed like a eternity, but probably no longer than four seconds before I pulled away. "I love you because you're simply Alois Trancy."

 


Orginal story by Andrea-Nicole

Made in 2013

I do not own the characters of Black Butler by Yana Toboso

Photos belong to their rightful creators.