.

Missing Birthday Boy

 

How did I ever let you talk me into this?” Ahri asked as Yongguk pulled her along down the side walk.

 

Because you lost the bet fair and square.” He glanced back at her and gave her a gummy smile. “Plus I like how camouflage looks on you.”

 

Ahri rolled her eyes and pursed her lips. “Where are you taking me?”

 

We're meeting up with Angel and Daehyun, gonna go trick or treating.” He beamed as they came to a stop at the corner of the street. He turned to face his girlfriend and fixed her hat.

 

I thought we were staying in and giving out candy?” Ahri crossed her arms over her chest, shifting her pumpkin from her wrist to her hand.

 

Am I hearing correctly? Queen of sweets is complaining about getting free candy?” Daehyun said as him and Angel approached them.

 

Well aren't you ready to go off to war.” Angel raised her eyebrows at her friend's costume.

 

I don't think many soldiers wear heels, babe.” Daehyun pointed out.

 

Angel elbowed his side. “Hush up. Matching costumes?”

 

She lost a bet.” Yongguk nodded, taking hold of his girlfriend's hand. “It looks good on her.”

 

Did you at least get to pick it out?” Angel asked as the four began to walk down the street.

 

Nope.” Ahri popped the 'p'. “He picked everything out.”

 

It..doesn't look that bad.” Daehyun said.

 

She looks like a drill sergeant.” Angel said flatly.

 

Hush Angel. She looks great.” Yongguk held a finger up to his lips as they approached the first house.

 

Fine, fine.” Angel held up her hands.

 

Yongguk ranged the door bell and took a step back, once the door opened the four chorused, “Trick or treat.”

 

After an two hours and countless houses after, the couples decided to say their goodbyes and part ways.

 

Did you have fun?” Yongguk asked as he opened the door to the apartment he shared with Ahri.

 

Yeah I did, but these heels gotta go.” She kicked off her heels as soon as they walked in.

 

Yongguk chuckled quietly as he locked up and tossed his keys onto a table by the door. “I'm hungry, do you want me to cook something?”

 

Please?” Ahri took off her hat and set her candy down on the counter once they were further in. “I'm going to take a quick shower and change.”

 

Yongguk nodded, leaning down and pressing a quick kiss to her lips. “Don't take too long or the food will get cold.”

 

You're just going to make sandwiches probably.” Ahri pursed her lips and eyed him. “I won't be long.”

 

She headed into the bedroom as Yongguk walked towards the kitchen. He peeked over towards the doorway as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box. He stuck the box back into his pocket before making his way towards the fridge and taking out what he needed to make the sandwiches.

 

Sandwiches ready?” Ahri walked out of the room, wrapped up in her robe.

 

They're starting to get a bit soggy.” Yongguk joked as he took out a carton of juice and grabbed to cups.

 

Ahri gave him a look as she took a seat in one of the stools, picking up her sandwich and taking a bite into it. She let out a small whine as she reached over and grabbed a napkin and spat out the bite she had just taken.

 

What's wrong?” Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

 

There's something har-” She began to say before noticing the ring in between the bread. “What's this?” She asked slowly, making her way to the trash and throwing out the napkin. She walked over to the sink and rinsed out the ring.

 

Yongguk took the ring from her and took a hold of her left hand, getting down on one knee before beginning to speak. “Ahri, we've been together for almost three years now and I can no longer see myself without you. Ever since we began dating, I knew you were the one for me. I want to spend my life with one you. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?”

 

Ahri tried to look for the words but simply nodded as he slipped the ring onto her finger. Yongguk grinned and stood up, bringing her hand up to his lips and place a kiss on her hand before placing a kiss onto her lips and murmuring an “ I love you.”