Bedtime troubles

Bedtime troubles

 

All couples living together have a tough time in bed. These two were no exception.

 

Move over Eli! You're squashing me!”

Huh? Oh sorry.”

There was only a slight adjustment which proved insignificant.

Eli get off my arm! It's dead!”

Huh? Oh right.”

Kevin, in protest, kicked Eli's shin to wake him up. Kevin's toes cracked when he hit the hard bone.

Ah! What the hell”

Kevin watched Eli sit up and inspect his shin, which had toenail marks, under the covers

Finally! How much do you weigh?!”

About two of you put together! What the hell dude? I know this is new but all you had to do was roll me off!”

I'd roll ya off the bed if I could shift your weight!”

Well that would have been better then grazing my shin! Cut your nails!”

Eli lay back down again, far apart from Kevin. Kevin sighed in frustration.

Kevin you're the one who wanted to hug me like that! Just snuggle into my back next time!”

Then I can't breath!”

Oh my God then just don't go near me at all”

But then I'm not close to you...”

Eli easily saw through this fell-sorry-for-me sentence.

Aww look at you! Missing me when we're two centimeters apart! Seriously, if you want to have a good night just go near me. And stop pulling the blanket for yourself! I get cold too!”

Kevin immediately pulled all of the blanket for him and curled up into it so he was tangled up and locked into it, wanting to prevent Eli from getting any comfort. He was seriously frustrated.

Eli looked at the top of Kevin's head which was the only thing he could see.

Kevin...” Eli shuffled over to Kevin and rested his head on what was possibly his shoulder. Kevin just let out a muffled grunt. Eli was able to tuck his arm under Kevin and pull him close to his body. Kevin squirmed trying to escape but was trapped in the blanket.

Kevin if we don't sort this out I'm going to have to sleep on the couch.”

Kevin peaked out from under the covers to look at Eli.

No don't do that!” His mouth was still muffled but it was coherent.

Come out from under there so.”

Kevin slowly got untangled and returned a portion of blanket to Eli. Eli then kissed Kevin's cheek and made him turn around to face him.

How come we don't have this problem when we do it?”

Kevin shrugged his shoulders “Too tired to care?”

Eli smiled and took Kevin by the wrist and brought him to lye on his chest.

Will this do?”

Kevin listened to Eli breathing softly.

What if you can't breath in the night?!”

Eli laughed. “I'm the weight of two of you, remember? You're a feather right now!”

Kevin smiled with content and kissed Eli. When he rested his head on the comfy but rock hard chest, Eli pulled the blanket over them.

I love you.”

I love you too. Even when you squash me.”