Confession

Burnt

How can he do that to me? After all these years, he.... he left me with our first child to survive alone in this cruel world? What was he thinking?

*Sooyin... I promise that I will never leave you, even if I had to. I will take care of you and our children and grow old with you. Sooyin... I love you.* LIES! All of it are lies! Why did you lie to me? I love you so much but you betrayed our love? Why? Am I not caring like I used to? Am I not loving like I used to? Am I not good enough like I used to? Tell me what's wrong with me? Why did you leave me? Why? Please come back! Please! At least see our first child once!

"Sooyin, stop crying. He won't come back to you even if you cry out blood!" Woohyun oppa said, while wiping away the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks.

"Wake up! He left you not because he want to, it just happened! Stop crying over him and take care of Ilsoo which is now your first priority!" He tilt my face up so that our eyes meet. It was silent. I've stopped crying for a while. My heart stopped a beat. Why the sudden change of heart? A few seconds ago I was crying my hearts out, now... everything seems different.

"I love you Sooyin. I always do. I love with you way before you meet Myungsoo. I love you way before you move with your step mother. I loved you ever since the day you entered the house during Thanksgiving wearing the off white tube dress, thinking that it was your friend's house and making everyone in the dining room look at you and laugh at your silliness. I loved you ever since you had that cute bunny teeth and huge glasses when you're 8. I've loved you ever since."

"After your mum's death two years later, I became your shoulder to cry, your listening ear and I'm always there whenever you need someone. I'm there when your dad got married to your step mother. Thank god shes's nice to you and your dad. You're so happy with your new family that we started drifting apart slowly. It was until your dad's death. All your happiness were taken away like how it did the same date, three years before. I wanted to comfort you, hug you so tight and never let you go. But it was too late. Your step mother decided to move to a different place. I was having my final year exam at that time but I didn't care at all. All I was thinking about was you. 'What are you doing?' 'How are you doing?' And all that stuff."

"Don't be surprised but I followed you at that time. Luckily it was near my school. Everyday after school I would always walk pass your house and watch you from afar. By then you're no longer wearinf your glasses and you had you teeth fixed. You look beautiful. I know you're lonely when you're in your room, but you pretend to be happy and fake a smile to your step mother whenever she's around. I felt useless and hopeless. I want you to be happy like how you used to be. The cheerful, bubbly and optimistic Sooyin I knew."

"Jjong oopa!"

"That's right Sooyin, I'm Kim Jonghyun. But that was before... the incident.

"What incident?"

"One day, after I got back from watching you, there was a short circuit at my house which lead to a huge fire that burned my whole house including... my family. Nobody manage to esape from the fire... except me. My face was burned. Half of my body was burned. I was rushed to the hospital but I know, nothing could be done to help my burned skin."

"Every family member I had, left me. My relatives wouldn't want to take care of me. So I was left alone. But I knew I had someone to look out for, and it was you. I was determined to take care of you. I don't want to lose you anymore."

"I decided to undergo plastic surgery to change my whole face, including my body, whichever parts that got burned. After the painful and drastic change, I was adopted by my surgeon, Dr Nam Goo Jook. He said I look like his late son, Nam Woohyun."

"From that day on, I go by the name Nam Woohyun to become your guardian angel. It was hard at first but I got the hang of it introducing myself as Woohyun. I saw you at the park one fine day eating your favourite chocolate ice cream alone. At first I was afraid to approach you, but then I thought this was the only chance I had to get close to you and it did happened. We became close friends."

"You're my only friend at that time till I entered college. I met a group of friends and they called themselves Infinite. It was awkward at first because they each have different personalities and it was my first time having so many friends around. Still, I keep my real identity close to me. It was hard for me to open up to them, but I tried."

"Soon, they gained my trust and I open up to them slowly. The closest to me is Myungsoo. We are somehow connected with each other. And that is when I told him about you. I really want him to meet you but in the end, he introduced you to the rest of Infinite as his girlfriend. That caught me by surprised. I don't know how to react. I felt angry and sad and devastated but on the other hand, both of you don't know my feelings. I didn't tell you how I felt about you and I didn't tell Myungsoo how you look like or even your real name so there is no way any of you would betray me."

"But I-"

"Yeah I know. But.. oh well. Anyway, things for you guys have been going great. But not for me. Two people I care for is doing fine. Who am I to ruin it? I tried to hide my feelings towards you but I can't I really can't. I lied to you guys about having a long distant relationship with a girl from Canada. Yes, it was a lie. A lie that made nobody suspicious about my feelings towards you."

"Remember the time when you fought with Myungsoo?" I nodded, still trying to digest everything he said. "I'm glad you came to me to pour out your feelings. I miss having you by my side. It's like I'm the guradian angel of yours. I can see you, but I can't touch you. You're so close, yet so far."

"We even got more distant when Myungsoo decided to make you his wife. I was the first person he told about it. I couldn't possibly go against his will right? I ended up being your wedding organizer. I won't elaborate on how I feel cause it hurts. It's painful seeing you mate truly deeply madly in love with the girl you love too."

"I made a promise to myself that day- Move on."

"After my job was done , being your wedding organizer, I flew to LA to persue my dreams thinking that it was the best idea to do. But sadly, when I got there, all I could've think of is you. I couldn't get you out of my mind. I stopped schooling and went back to Korea without anyone knowing."

"I stayed in a hotel for the past four years before I decided to show myself up again. I'm not ready to face you and Myungsoo at first but I heard that you were having your first child. I wouldn't want to miss that."

"I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry for telling you all these now. I'm sorry for lying to you about myself. I'm sorry for- Uh- Er- Argh! Please Sooyin, I beg you! Let me be more than just your guardian angel! I want to be with you for the rest of my life! I want to be someone who you can share anything and everything with. I want to be the father of Ilsoo. Let me love you for the rest of my life! Please Sooyin, marry me!"

"I-i-i ju- I can't! This is too much for me!"

"Its alright then. I guess were never meant to be together. Just so you know... I loved you. I still love. And I will forever love you even if I have to be away from you." With that, he left.

My heart broke when I hear his side of the story. I didn't know Jjong oppa was so close to me. I feel so numb right now. Myungsoo oppa, what should I do now? Whay should I do? Oppa, whatever my choice is after this, to me you are still the guy that I loved. I hope you're doing fine up there oppa. And please, guide me and Ilsoo through this tough life ahead of us. I love you Myungsoo oppa.

I ran out of the room to catch up with Woohyun oppa, no! Jjong oppa! "YAH KIM JONGHYUN!" Oppa stopped in his tracks. Everyone around us stopped and stared. "YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO BE WITH ME, BUT WHY DID YOU GIVE UP HALFWAY? YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE DO YOU?" I shouted. I don't care about everyone and what they're thinking anymore.

"Are you crazy Sooyin? What are you saying?" Oppa pulled me out of the house so that we could talk in private.

"I'm not crazy oppa. Marry me. Be my husband. Love me forever. But..."

"But?"

"Use your real identity. Be my knight in shinibg armour. Be my superman. Be my Kim Jonghyun. I fell in love with Kim Jonghyun, not Nam Woohyun. If you want the old silly, bubbly Sooyin... I want my shoulder to cry, listening ear and my handsome punching bag Kim Jonghyun. Is it okay with you?" I asked. Tears started spilling out of is eyes. I wipped it off and he pulled me into a hug. We stared at each other for a while before he spoke.

"Lee Sooyin, I Kim Jonghyun promise you that I will love you and Ilsoo till the day I die. I love you so much, I don't want to lose you anymore." With that we shared a simple kiss. Myungsoo oppa, are you watching this? Thank you for everything oppa. From now on, I promise to take good care of Ilsoo and my new husband-to-be, Kim Jonghyun.

-------------------------------------

Mwehehehe, that's the end. First attempt for one shot. Tell me how it is and how I can improve ^.^