Unexpected Way To Confess

Unexpected Way To Confess

NAO POV

“I love you”.

I confess to him but I know he won’t be able to return it. That’s because I confessed inside my heart and he won’t be able to know my feelings. I think it’s better for him not knowing my feelings as it may be affect our friendship and trusts. Besides that, he probably not available right now because he always sticks beside Saga, I mean like every time. Seems like they’re a couple. Or maybe they’re not a couple but just a pair of ‘best friend forever’ like they always said, and I have the chance to confess. But I don’t know why I didn’t. Maybe because I still lack of confidence or maybe, maybe I’m scared to take the risk of being reject. Well for sure, I knew I’m afraid to take the risk. I guess, I just watch him and confess behind my drum set like I usually did.

“Nao? Nao~. Hello, Earth to Nao, Earth to Nao, do you hear me?!”

A pair of hands waving in front of my face making me came back to reality. I smiled at the man and continued watching him, watching him behind my drum my set. But then I let out a ‘ouch’ as I felt a smack on my head. “What’s that for you stupid?!” I got up from my seat trying to counter attack.

“Hey easy, easy. Sorry if it hurts that bad but it’s your fault for ignoring me.” The said stupid man blocked my attack easily and pinched me at the cheeks.

“Ouch! Stop it Hiroto! I didn’t ignore you, I smiled to you okay.”

Hiroto let out a sigh, “Are you thinking about him again?”

My eyes became wide, “‘Thanks’ for reading my mind Hiroto but I don’t like it.”

“Well Pon-chan... I’m not… Well-”

“You don’t have the confidence and afraid taking the risk of being rejected. Yeah, yeah I know, you said that every time I asked but until when Nao? Until he got snatch by other person?”

I paused; don’t want to make eye contacts with him as what he said is true. I can feel him eyeing me with an un-satisfied face of his.

“Come on Nao, you’ve been keeping your feelings for years now. It’s time for you to confess.”

“B… But Pon, like I said I’m not ready yet.”

“Hey listen Nao, you made me as your personal love advisor and have been asking for love advice from me since we first met. So if I said that today is the right time to confess than just obey me. I won’t take ‘No’ and ‘Not ready yet’ as an answer.”

I pouted, yes it’s true that Hiroto has been my love advisor and I’ve been following his advices but now it’s different. I know if I obey him, things won’t be great. “Sorry Pon, I can’t obey your advice today-…”

As I lifted my head I saw Shou in front of me. I gasp and tried not to scream. “Since when he’s here?!”

“I brought him here so now is your chance.”

I stoned and clueless, not sure what to say. “Damn you little squirrel!!! This is not what you thought! Not him, not Shou.”

 “Hey drummer-sama, what’s up? Pon said you want to tell me something.”

Seeing Shou with his innocent smile made me stutter, “Eh… Well, it’s nothing actually. Hey you want a cup of- Mhhhmm mhhhhmmm!!!”

As I started too rambling and changed the subject, Hiroto covered my mouth with his hand, pissed off at me.

“Shou-san, our stupid drummer here want to say that he love you for a long time but didn’t dare to confess until today. Done.”

Hiroto let go of me and I’m wide eyed looked at Shou afraid of his reaction. Shou does look shocked and things had been a bit awkward. “Ermmm… For real Nao?”

I don’t know what to say, I hold back my tears. I’m ashamed of Shou and I hated that bastard little squirrel!

“So, I leave you two here and start lovey-dovey okay~”

I let out a ‘what?!’ face as he started to leave us both. Can’t hold my anger, I threw my drumsticks at his head and kicked his groin. He lay on the floor in pain and everyone stopped what they’re doing, shocked.

“Didn’t you realise it yet?! It’s you that I love! Not Shou, not Tora, not Saga. It’s you the stupid squirrel!”

I stormed out of the room leaving everyone.

 

HIROTO POV

Speechless, I’m so speechless. I sit on the floor trying to regain my composure. I can’t think straight after Nao’s confession.

“So I was wrong all this time...”

Shou looked at me with a worried look, “Hiro…”

“Damn I am stupid for not realising it! No wonder all this time after I gave advice to him, he will stared at me!” I let out a scream, furious of myself.

“It’s not too late…”

I lifted up my face and looked at Shou, confused.

“It’s not too late to go chase him and confess too Pon”

I let out a snort, “What are you talking about-“

“It’s you that have been hiding your feelings Pon”

I fell silence, not sure whether to keep denying it or not. “But... After what I done, he would probably reject me”

“Believe me he won’t. He may be mad now but I know he will accept you again”

I still hesitating, Shou then hugged me and looked me in the eyes.

“Believe me…”

I looked at Shou meaningfully and hurriedly got up and chased after Nao. Shou let out a smile, “Ganbatte Pon-chan…” before joined the others.

 

NAO POV

“He’s such a stupid!” I kicked the rock in front of me and sat on the swing, both palms on my face. I tried to calm myself after what had happened.

“Argh! Even sitting at a quiet place like this park can’t help me to get calm!”

I feel hurt, a pain at my chest. I kneel at the ground and tears came flowing down my cheeks.

“Nao!”

I gasp as I heard Hiroto called my name and quickly get up and run but trip over a root.

“Ouch…”

“Pfftt… What are you doing laying here?”

“Shut up… Go away...” I got up and rub my sore ankle then he hugged me.

“I’m sorry… I know it’s my fault for acting up like that and sorry for not realizing it so soon. It must be hard keeping it as a secret as the person you love is the one giving you all the love advice. I’m sorry... I love you too Nao, since the first time we met.”

I burst into tears again can’t able to control my happy feelings. “Y... You stupid… You made me wait so long…”

“I know and I’m sorry. Nao, be mine forever?”

I nodded slowly before hugging him tighter. He let go of me and slowly kissed me on the lips.