Chapter [1/1]

Confession

d5bb7dd8bf2e11e29cc922000aaa090c_7.jpg

(Picture not mine! Found it and thought it was cute!)

 

Strawberries! There were strawberries everywhere! On the grass, the trees, floating in water... heck! Even the clouds were in the shapes of the heavenly fruits with the sky being brushed with shades of pink, yellow and orange, complimenting the beautiful day! Well... a beautiful day for Lee Hyukjae!

 

The said boy was running, frolicking through the fields of strawberries. Dancing and twirling contently, Hyukjae spun happily in his dream.

 

"Hyukjae" A whispered call traveled through his ears. Hyukjae stopped, looking from left to right.

 

"Hyukjae." The fluffy pink sky switched to a howling, gray storm.

 

"LEE HYUKJAE!"

 

The blonde haired boy jumped, causing him to fall of his chair while hitting his head during the process. He groaned of the dull throb on his head. Hyukjae's eyes met a pair of angry ones.

 

Hyukjae soon realized who it was, his history teacher. The man looked pissed, a ruler being gripped tightly. "May I ask what you are doing?"

 

Hyukjae blinked in an innocent manner. "Sleeping?" He squeaked.

 

"Why were you sleeping?" Hyukjae scratched his nape, shriveling in the intense gaze.

 

He gave out an unintelligent 'um'. Mr. Park, the math teacher, rolled his eyes at the stupid attempt of answering. "Mr. Lee, you are one of my top students. I will let this slide as a warning. If you even dare sleep again in my class, you will have immediate detention, understand?"

 

Hyukjae nodded vigorously. Although Mr. Park was a strict person, he had a soft spot for the latter despite the lack of intelligence. The only reason why Hyukjae was a top student is that he succeeds in at least trying to understand the material. 

 

With that threat from the teacher, the bell rang. Hyukjae scrambled out the class, messily shoving all the books and papers into his backpack.

 

Hyukjae weaved through the sea of teenagers. When he reached his locker,  he sighed. He escaped the wrath of Mr. Park. In fact, he was the only one to escape detention when it came to Mr. Park.

 

Hyukjae in some air through his nose and slowly breathed out to calm himself. Darn you, Coffee! I'm never going drink you again!

 

He reached his locker already. The hard part was trying to open it despite the long time of 'practicing'. The blonde ruffled his hair in frustration and muttered "Come on, you despicable man-made contraption!"

 

Click

 

 Hyukjae had to suppressed the urge to squeal in happiness for his successful attempt that usually end up failing. Take that you stupid locker!

 

Now all he need to do is.... huh?

What the hell?!

Hyukjae yanked the door, desperately trying to get it to open. 

Why is it not opening?!

Hyukjae gripped onto the handle and pulled with all his might and bam! He went flying across the hall. The metal door swung back in forth because of the great force.

Hyukjae panted in exhaustion, glaring at the evil thing and almost literally wanting to rip the door off to chuck it at some poor soul that happens to walk by. People looked at him strangely as he stomped to his locker to picked up all the fallen papers that flew out. Just effing great!

Hyukjae wanted to shove all the papers back into the stupid metal box along with his books but , no sir, his ocd-ness of keeping everything neat kicked in and refused to let him do what he wants. He let at a long sigh. Can my day get any worse?

Hyukjae smiled when he saw a strawberry flavored lollipop in the midst of the mess. Maybe it will be better...

"Yah! Watch out!" 

Thunk! 

A shot of pain emanated in the back of Hyukjae's head. 

"Owie~" He groaned softly. Hyukjae looked at the soccer ball that started to multiply into two, three... He stupidly glanced up to the person who kicked it. 

Well, look who decides to show up?

The boy who made him confused for so many days.

The boy who avoided him for so long. 

Hyukjae whimpered in pain as he sat up. "Hey, are you okay?"

An extremely handsome boy standing next to him helped Hyukjae stand up. Hyukjae laughed nervously and shook his head. "It's fine, it's fine..."

Just as Hyukjae was about to collapse from dizziness, a strong grip held him up. "Don't say stuff you don't mean."

That voice... That voice belonged to the one Hyukjae longed to see for so long. It was his best friend and secret crush, Donghae's. 

Hyukjae unconciously frowned and pushed away. "I said I'm fine!" 

Donghae looked stunned. He watched his new found love stagger away, disappearing in an instant as well as forgetting the sweet candy on the floor. 

Siwon, Donghae's teammate, looked at Hyukjae weirdly. "What's wrong with him?"

Donghae's eyes reached the forgotten candy and his lips curved into a bitter smile. "He's been having a hard time lately, that's all..."

Donghae walked and picked up the soccer ball. "Come on, let's go pratice."

Siwon nodded and followed Donghae back onto the field. 

~~~

Heechul looked at Donghae. He directed his sight to where Donghae was dazedly staring at. 

Hyukjae. 

Heechul frowned and looked back at Donghae. How can this stupid fishie be the stupid school president?

"Yah!" Donghae immediately snapped out of his reverie. "Huh?"

What a stupid answer? Why does that sound so familiar? Oh, aren't they soulmates? The monkey and the stupid fish.... Aish!

"When are you going to confess already?!"

Donghae's eyes widen. He quickly dragged his hyung out to an empty hallway. "Shhh! Do you have to be soooo loud?!"

Heechul rolled his eyes. "Well?" He completely ignored Donghae's question.

The victim, aka Donghae, fidgeted. "Well?!" 

"I dunno how to do that..." 

An eye twitched. "You in' idiot! How in this damned world do you not know how to do confess?! You, of all people, should know that! I mean, you are SJ's school president who's a soccer star and a dance star that has every damned girl in the damned high school! What the f--!"

Smack! 

"Can you talk more quietly?!" 

Heechul glared at the only person who dared hit his precious head. "Yah! Park Jungsoo! How could hit your boyfriend like that?!"

Another whack to the head.

"Because you are an idiot! Now speak quieter!" Leeteuk shouted in a hushed voice. 

Heechul pouted and huffed a 'fine'. 

Donghae stood there ackwardly, being totally ignored because of their lovers' quarrel. He thought maybe he could just sn-- "Where do you think you are going?" 

Donghae mentally groaned and pouted. "Don't you give me those big fishie's eyes! Go to him and confess already!"

"I can't"

"Why not? You want to just sneak candy into his locker like a creeper everyday for the rest of your life?"

"No..."

"Then why not?"

"Because he's mad..."

"He's not." 

"What?"

Leeteuk sighed and he repeated. "He's not. You know Hyukjae. Hyukjae can't be mad." That was true. No one has ever seen a smiley, happy-go-lucky monkey be mad.  "He's more of disappointed than mad."

Leeteuk looked at Donghae. "He's sad and depressed and he's miserably failing at hiding his emotions whenever he sees you avoiding him."

Donghae looked down at his shoes. A pang of guiltiness spreaded through his chest. 

"Hey.." Donghae looked up. Leetuk gave him a warm smile. "Go get him." 

Donghae nodded dumbly and took off.

"Are you cheating on me?" --Heechul

"What?!" -- Leeteuk

"Don't smile like that.." --Heechul 

Smack!

~~~

Hyukjae was shaken awake from his nap as a break for studying. 

Hyukjae blinked.

Why did a strawberry swallow Heechul-hyung?

Hyukjae rubbed his eyes. Maybe he was lacking sleep...

"Yah!" Hyukjae blinked once more. Heechul's face was as red as the strawberry suit he was wearing. 

Heechul pulled Hyukjae to an unknown place.

That stupid brat of a dongsaeng owes me big in' time!

~~~

After several blocks of rushing, which includes many people staring at them, Heechul brought Hyukjae to a restuarant?

Why did Heechul-hyung drag me to a restuarant wearing that?

When Hyukjae was about to ask why they were here, Heechul disappeared. Umm, ok?

Hyukjae walked into the building. It was pitch black and Hyukjae was getting quite uncomfortable. He was never good at horror movies and exploring the unknown. Heck! He was a 17 year old teenager who still sleep with a Pororo nightlight!

Soft guitar played and a bright spotlight shown. Hyukjae's eyes widened.

There stood Donghae in a white tux, looking as handsome as he ever would be and started to sing:

"There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?

A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

Your two warm hands gets cold when I’m cold
Your heart that used to be strong becomes sensitive when I’m hurt
Take my hands silently, hold me silently, I’m only wishing for such little comforts
You don’t know my heart that wanted to do more just for you

Call out my heart, free my soul
It always felt like the first time, these remaining days are more than the time that I came to love you

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

When my greedy heart  gradually search to other directions
When my mind can’t handle whenever my greed grow even more
I know all those reasons that clearly says that you’re here, it’s the only one
I’m always thankful. I could do better as you do

Call out my heart, free my soul
It always felt like the first time, these remaining days are more than the time that I came to love you

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

You know, I’m a little bit shy sometimes, you don’t know but you’re burning like the sun, please understand my feelings
Even those girls that appears on TV shows are sparkling, you’re always be the one in my eyes (I’m going crazy crazy Baby)
Hearing you tell me that you love me, I have everything in this world, You & I, You’re so fine, is there someone like you?
I love you Oh, please know it, to me there’s only you, that I stupidly see you as my everything

We arrived on the same road, we’re just the same, how surprising, how grateful, it’s love

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me"

(No Other --Super Junior)

The song ended with Donghae giving a familiar pink, strawberry lollipop with trembling hands to Hyukjae. Donghae gulped down his nervousness. "I know I've been avoiding you for a long time but that was because everytime I looked at you, my heart would beat a million times faster and I would be so mesmerized by your beauty that I have nothing to say."

"You are the first person to make me feel this way and I promise you that I'm not lying. I've even did all these cheesy stuff too... Long story short, I li-- no I love you Lee Hyukjae, please accept my love for you"

Silence.

Donghae's hopes were decreasing by the second and he was about to give up when someone hugged. 

"Babo." A soft voice muttered. "You are such a babo." 

Hyukjae buried his face into Donghae's chest and nuzzled against it. Tears of joy pricked the corner of his eyes, dampening the tux Donghae was wearing. 

Donghae slightly pushed Hyukjae away. He placed a single kiss on every region of Hyukjae's flawless face. Slowly, he kissed those sweet lips last. 

I love you so, so much...

A/N: Well... I hope you like it!

*Runs and hide from the readers*