Missing plushie

My 'special someone' part 3: Missing plushie

 

“Umma! Can Sungminnie stay overnight today? Pretty please!” Little Kyuhyun tugged at his mother’s shirt and made a cute expression with widened eyes aka ‘cute little puppy face’ when she turned back from the sink and looked at her son. She chuckled a little because when it comes to Sungmin, her son actually could be a cute, polite child. Only when it was about Sungmin.

“Of course Kyuhyun-ah. But remember to ask Sungmin’s mother too, ok honey?” she asked and patted Kyuhyun’s head “And clean your room before, you’re such a messy kid”. She added and pushed her son towards his room.

Kyuhyun grunted and opened the doors to his room. He wasn’t such a messy kid. Of course, he his belongings weren’t placed in perfect order but at least his games were neatly placed on his cupboard.

He started moving around and grabbing random things from the floor. When he collected quite big amount in his hands, he looked around and his eyes stopped on his built-in closet. Perfect place to hide his mess. After few minutes of pushing, cramming and grunting, his room was clean.

“Ok mum, I’m done! We’ll be back in a few minutes!” Kyuhyun yelled and stormed towards Sungmin’s house which was situated just on the opposite side of the street. He didn’t bother to knock and just got inside.

“Good afternoon umma!” Kyuhyun called Sungmin’s mother also an ‘umma’ because he and Sungmin were spending so much time together that they didn’t really wanted to be awkward with each other’s parents.

“Oh, hello Kyuhyunnie! How are you? Want some juice?” Sungmin’s mom asked and hugged him.

“No, thank you, but I want Sungmin to stay over at my place tonight? Pretty please?” he used the same face that he used on his mother.

“Of course honey. I’ll help Sungmin pack his things and you’ll go, ok?” she answered and watched as Kyuhyun run towards Sungmin room yelling “It’s ok, we will manage it, thanks!”

She chuckled and got back to washing the dishes. On the other hand Kyuhyun reached Sungmin’s room and pulled his friend into a tight hug.

“Hi Minnie! You’re staying over tonight!” Kyuhyun said happily and started jumping with Sungmin in his arms. When the latter finally realized what was going on he also joined Kyuhyun and they were jumping around the room. When they parted Sungmin took his pink backpack from his closet and started to pack his things. Kyuhyun sat on his bed and waited patiently for his friend to finish packing.

“Let’s go Kyu!” Sungmin said happily and pulled Kyuhyun’s hand leading them towards the doors.

“Umma, we’re leaving!” Sungmin said to his mum and they ran towards Kyuhyun’s house with their hands still clasped together. After crossing the road they get into the house and went to the kitchen to greet Kyuhyun’s mom.

“Hello umma! Thank you for letting me stay over. I promise I’ll behave.” Sungmin recited and smiled widely when she patted his head gently. Kyuhyun went to his room to leave Sungmin’s backpack in there and came back only to see Sungmin rummaging through the cupboards looking for some snacks. Kyuhyun smiled and made his way to a sitting room, the TV and his PS3 console.

“What do we want to play?” Sungmin asked while putting a bowl of a chips and juice on the table.

“Little Big Planet, please!” Sungmin jumped in his sit and looked at Kyuhyun with big pleading eyes.

“No, we played that last time. I want to play some racing games.” Kyuhyun answered and started. Sungmin pouted with all his might but after seeing that Kyuhyun didn’t even spare him a glance he joined his friend.

They spent like this almost two hours, Sungmin eating his snacks from time to time, Kyuhyun too engrossed into the game to even tear his eyes away from the screen.

“Boys! It’s time to eat a proper meal! Come here, the food is ready!” Kyuhyun’s mum yelled and the boys immediately rushed towards the kitchen.

“Thank you umma. I’ll eat well!” they both said at once and started eating. Of course Kyuhyun had to throw a piece of meat right at Sungmin’s face and the sauce trickled down on his cheek. They both laughed loudly and finished their meals and got back to sitting room to watch some kid movie.

It was nearly 10pm and Sungmin yawned nudging Kyuhyun’s side.

“I’m sleepy Kyu. Can we go to bed, please?” Sungmin asked sleepily and yawned once more. Inner Kyuhyun squealed really hard and he nodded leading them to his room. They changed into their pajamas and got into Kyuhyun’s bed. After few second of rustling, pulling at the quilt and pillows they finally found their comfortable positions.

Kyuhyun was laying on his back, one leg hanging from the bed and one arm under his head, while Sungmin was laying curled facing away from Kyuhyun.

“I forgot!” Sungmin suddenly yelled and got off causing Kyuhyun to jerk his head up curiously. He saw Sungmin walking towards his backpack and furiously rummaging through it. A second later he heard loud scream and choked sobs.

“Kyuuuuuuuu! I forgot my Mr. Bunny! I can’t sleep without it!” Sungmin screamed and crouched on the floor covering his face with his hands. Kyuhyun got up and kneeled beside the crying child his back.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry, I’ll give one of mine and-”

“No I don’t want! I want Mr. Bunny!” Sungmin yelled back and started crying even more. Kyuhyun was only hoping that his screams won’t wake his parent up.

“Ok, but at least come back to bed and try to fall asleep, ok? If you won’t, we will call your mum and she’ll bring it, ok?” Kyuhyun asked and pulled Sungmin to the bed. The other boy followed him and laid onto his half.

Sungmin calmed down after few minutes and turned to Kyuhyun.

“Kyu” he whispered. Kyuhyun looked at his wet face and his cheek. “Can I.. can I hold you instead of Mr. Bunny?” Sungmin asked shyly and looked at his hands. Kyuhyun grinned widely and pulled Sungmin close to his body.

“Of course Min. You can cuddle all you want” Kyuhyun said happily and pulled him against his little chest. He felt Sungmin’s nose nuzzling into his neck and his hand curling near his stomach. Kyuhyun threw his hand onto Sungmin’s waist and sighed. It felt good.

“Kyu?” Sungmin whispered once more and backed a little to look at Kyuhyun who hummed in response. He smiled and placed a fast kiss on Kyuhyun’s thick lips. Kyuhyun grinned back and pulled Sungmin against his chest one more. They fell asleep few minutes later, their legs tangled with each other and their hands holding each other against Kyuhyun’s chest.

So maybe Kyuhyun wasn’t Mr. Bunny, but nevertheless he was the best substitute. And Sungmin loved that substitute so much. 

 

 

_________________________

Next part