8

Deaf

"Yea, I heard she pretended to be deaf to get out of the test." some random girl during class gossiped.

Tiffany heard and looked over at Taeyeon to see her reaction.

No reaction.

It seemed as if Taeyeon was ignoring everyone talking about her, but the truth was, she just couldn't hear them, or she was just too lazy to read their lips.

Tiffany didn't know wether to believe Taeyeon and feel bad for her or to get mad at her for lying.

Class began and during class, Taeyeon was getting hit from paper that was thrown from every direction.

She opened all the papers, but never replied to any of them.

'Are you really deaf?'

'Are you lying?'

'Why'd you lie?'

After opening the paper Taeyeon crumpled them again and threw them back to the direction they came from.

The teacher saw this and yelled at Taeyeon who looked at him blankly.

"Taeyeon! You do not pass notes in this class!" he yelled at her.

Taeyeon clenched her jaw, "Yes sir.."

Tiffany felt bad, as she saw that Taeyeon didn't even pass the note.

"So, do you want to tell the class what the note said?" the teacher asked, amused.

"Not really." Taeyeon said.

The teacher got angry and pointed to the door.

"Principles office, now." he said calmly, but sternly.

Taeyeon sighed before taking all her stuff and leaving.

Tiffany heard the class snickering at Taeyeon.

She felt guiltily that she didn't do anything.

----

"Taeyeon? This is the 5th time you've been here this week. What happened?" the principle asked.

"What do you think happened?" Taeyeon said sarcastically.

"I think that you keep pretending you are deaf. How long are you going to keep this up?" the principle asked.

"How long am I going to keep this up?! You think I want to be deaf? You think that I don't want to not be able to hear things? You don't think I miss hearing actual noises and not just emptiness?! Being deaf isn't exactly fun! Especially when no one believes you!" Taeyeon finally exploded, standing up from the chair, sending it falling onto the ground with a thud.

It was break time in-between classes, so kids were roaming the halls.

A group of kids gathered near the office, hearing the usual quiet kid explode at the principle.

Taeyeon angrily gathered her things as tears flowed down her cheeks.

She was about to walk out of the office when she nearly bumped into the crowd of students gathered outside the office.

The students made way for Taeyeon as tears kept falling down her cheeks as she walked out of the school.

The students began to laugh.

Why were they laughing?

Because it was April 1st, April Fools day.

They thought it was a joke..