14

Deaf

"Taeyeon, come sit at the front so you can see and hear better." the teacher ordered.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a creased forehead.

"Why?" she asked.

"You're deaf, aren't you?" he said loudly, attracting attention from all the students.

"I have a hearing aid." She said to him, still not getting up from her seat next to Tiffany.

"No excuses, you are to sit up front, you are deaf." he said sternly.

Obviously annoyed, Taeyeon clenched her fist, still sitting down.

Tiffany looked at her, worried.

"Tae, listen to him." Tiffany said softly.

Taeyeon softened after what Tiffany had called her, but still was angry at the teacher.

"Taeyeon. Sit up here now, or I am going to send you out."

Taeyeon lost it.

She stood up and slammed her fist on the table.

"Don't you think you are too late to make any changes? I've been deaf since I've came to this school, but none of you noticed. None of you noticed, until AFTER I got a hearing aid. So go ahead, send me out for being rude." Taeyeon said.

The teacher dropped his jaw and kept opening and closing it.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at him, that seemed to bring him back to reality.

He pointed to the door, and Taeyeon already knew what he means.

Taeyeon began to gather her stuff while Tiffany looked at her.

Taeyeon walked out silently.

"That girl needs to learn some manners." the teacher said loudly, causing some laughter.

Tiffany had enough.

She stood up, causing everyone to look at her.

"SHE needs to learn manners? How about you all learn some manners? Why are you laughing at her? Is being deaf funny to you? Is being able not to hear WHILE you are attending school entertaining for you? You all make me sick." Tiffany burst.

The students watched her in silence, as did the teacher.

Tiffany sighed and grabbed her stuff before walking out to look for Taeyeon.

To Tiffany's surprised, Taeyeon was outside the door.

Taeyeon walked over to Tiffany and put her stuff down as well as Tiffany's.

Tiffany looked at her confusingly, then she felt herself wrapped in a warm embrace.

Taeyeon hugged Tiffany's waist as she buried her head in Tiffany's shoulder.

Shocked, Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon aswell and returned the hug.

"Thank you. Again." Taeyeon said gently.

Tiffany nodded against Taeyeons shoulder as a response.

"I mean it, thank you." Taeyeon whispered.