The Lover's Seeker

The Melancholy Tragedy

"Yoona, it's time for your violin lessons."

"Yes mother."

As Yoona graciously stepped into the enormous sunroom, at once all eyes were upon her. With eyes sweet as chocolate and her glossy brown hair laid gently on her back as if it has been brushed over a million times, she twirled her way into the middle of the room where her violin and bow were placed on her music chair. With an angelic smile on her face she lifted them off her chair and atomically positioned them accordingly.

"Since your teacher has fallen sick today, Kai might as well teach you for now." Jessica murmured.

All of a sudden, Kai busted into the room, with the same icy glare stitched onto him. 

"Why not."  he shrugged.

"Alright then, I'll be back in 2 hour to check on both of you. Taemin has his ballet competition today so I cannot miss it. I do hope you make some progress Yoona."  their mom chuckled.

Yoona shyly nodded as she stood beside Kai until they heard a click of the the door being closed. 

"Now lets start with Spring Sonata by Beethoven shall we?" said Kai.

"Of course,"

She began playing the strings of the violing with rigid movement but after a few secondes her body became in part of the incredible melody. 

"Your sound was well done but I don't hear much emotion in the song," Kai coldy replied.

"My apologies. I will try again." 

But no matter how many times Yoona tried Kai kept shaking his head. Finally, Yoona fell to the tile floors in exhaustion with tears dangerously attempting to escape her eyes. Kai felt the guilt of criticizing his sister to the core and ever so gently hugged her from behind.

"Kai I'm sor-"

"Hush. You don't need to apologize."

Kai looked deeply into her doll like eyes and took a strand of Yoona's hair and twirled it around his fingers.

"Yoona, can I tell you something?" he slowly whispered.

"Of course you can," she replied.

"I think... I think" he stammered.

"What is it?" 

"I"ll tell you tonight." Kai smiled.

 

 

***

 

"Japan has continued to terrioze us with threatening remarks my lord." said governor Kwon Minho.

" I do not think my forces can hold them off this time." remarked Im Donghae.

"Then what shall we do? It's only a matter of time,"

"An alliance. With China. That is my only option."

"But my king, what will you offer for an alliance?" asked the curious governor.

"The hand of my daughter." 

 

***

 

"Noona, I got first place!" Taemin excitedly squaled. As they were relaxing after dinner in the cozy library.

"That's great Taemin! You're such an excellent dancer." grinned Yoona. She patted his head as she sat down in front of the warm fire place that crackled with the sounds of burning wood.

"Not as great as me though." 

Both heads turned as they saw Kai walking towards them with a bored look in his eyes. He said beside Yoona as she laid her head on his lap.

"Kai, you're not supposed to treat your hyung like that." Yoona yawned.

"I agree with Yoona noona!" Taemin cheered.

As Kai was about to give a reply, Queen Jessica suddenly rushed into the room and her eyes zeroed in on Yoona.

"Yoona, may you go into your fathers office? He has some urgent news." Jessica ushered.

"Yes mother."

She touched Kai's left knee as a secret message to remind him to meet her in her chambers later. Kai secretly smiled to himself and  gave a evil smirk to Taemin indicating as soon as their mother would leave the would play a manly game. A game of truth or dare.

 

***

 

"Father? May I come in?" Yoona sweetly said.

"Yes my dear." the king replied.

Yoona cautiously made her way to her fathers wooden desk as she sat on the other side of him. 

"Yoona, you've grown up so much through so many years. You've become so beautiful and lady like my darling." 

"Thank you father."

"Why I asked just you to come here was because there is something important you should know."

"What is it?"  Yoona trembled.

"Before I tell you, I have thought through this many times and this decision is not in your favour, but for our country. Goryeo is in great danger at this time and our only choice of survival is an alliance. You are getting married to the grand prince of China. Xi Luhan. They family will be arriving here tomorrow around noon so you two can become comfortable with each other." 

"I really do understand this circumstances we are in father. I will do as you say. To serve my country." Yoona smiled.

Before Donghae could see her angry tears and cries for help she quickly got up and swiftly ran to her bedroom where she knew she could cry.

 

***

 

Kai looked at the clock that hung in Yoona's bedroom. She was thirty minutes late. He sat on her canopy bed and felt the lush slik against his fingertips. Then by the corner of his eyes he saw the shadow of his lovely sister making its way towards her chambers. As soon as her eyes made contact with Kai's, he knew something was wrong. They've become red like the sun and she looked so unhappy. Without any more thoughts, he immediately dashed to her side and hugged her tightly, like a protective cacoon as if it would block all the pain away.

"What's... What's wrong? 

"Kai... Help me. What am I supposed to do." Yoona cried.

"Yoona tell me right now what the hell is going on."

"I'm getting married."

At that moment,  Kai's blood turned cold. His only sister would be taken away. His lover would be taken away. This was the end. But he couldn't let them end like this.

"Yoona I love you." Kai sobbed. He then placed his lips onto Yoona's and pressed them firmly together. Surprisingly she didn't pull back as he expected her too. She wrapped her hands around her neck as his wrapped around her delicate waist. Their lips fit perfectly as they let their emotions out into their kiss. After what it seemed like eternity, they both pulled back as Yoona breathlessly whispered;

"I love you too."

 

***

 

Luhan looked out through his carriage window as he spotted the Im estate. It looked extremely impressive, he thought. His parents mentioned to him he was going to marry the only daughter of the royal Im family of Goryeo due to political reasons. But how would his future wife look like? Would she even like him? Would he even like her? 

"Luhan. Luhan. We're here." his mother replied.

He nodded and smoothed out his Oxford shirt before stepping out onto the marble tiles of the pathway that lead to the entire Im family waiting for them.

 He recognized King Donghae from one of his fathers meetings in China with him. He looked kind and modest.

 Then there was Jessica, the queen. She was breathtaking as she smiled and greeted his mother, Seohyun and him.

The two twins introduced themselves to him. He could definitely figure out differences between the two. First was the older one was nicer to him.  He liked to dance, like him, and loved to sing and read. The other one had a darker hair colour, and had a masculine face structure. His eyes reacted to his every move like a hawk. Luhan also found it strange that Kai's arms were placed one each sides of a girl's shoulders. She was slender and had very classic apparance. She was simple but goddess like. Luhan had to force himself to stop gaping at her until he managed to introduce himself.

"I'm Xi Luhan. But you can call me Luhan!"

He could tell she was blushing and fidgety from the nervousness. Finally she said;

"Hello Luhan, my name is Im Yoona. Just Yoona."