♡ Her Name is Jessica

High School Sweethearts

 

Onew's POV

 

 

I fell asleep during class again. Since I was already two chapters ahead of the class, I didn't bother to try to stay awake. Even if I were to sit up, I'd only stare out the window. 

'But that's where she sat; by the window.'

I opened my eyes halfway, keeping my head down and rested on my arms, staring slyly at the girl. She's like an angel; the most popular girl in school. The love of my life... is her. Her golden, long hair in the sunlight shined so beautifully. If I could stare at her like this forever, I promise that I would.

The bell ranged as it stopped the class to make the students sigh in exhaustion. Math wasn't our favorite subject and neither was English. I'm lucky to be ahead in both subjects but unfortunately for me, I'm known as the 'answer key' or the 'tutor' in the class. I'm not really sure where I stand in the many cliques of this school nor do I care. But I do know that she is a Queenka. Her name is Jessica.

'What am I to her..?'

"Jessica! Aren't you coming?" A few girls at the door called her name as the giggled. I picked up my head to look at the girls who were clinging to each other. "We're going to lunch now."

I looked back over at her, Jessica Jung, who had a small smile on her face. Even her eyes twinkled in the light.

"Ah, you girls go on ahead. I have to figure out how to do these math problems," She smiled even more. "I'll catch up with you later!"

She waved at them then glanced over at me with her smile still plastered on her face. She must have caught onto me, staring at her. I just couldn't take my eyes off of her even though I should have.

"Hm.. Jinki-shi!" She spoke. She called my name.

She stood up with a note book and began walk over to my desk. Her hair flowed back as she walked and her angelic smile nearly drove me insane.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

My heart pounded against my chest like an angry police officer banging at the door. She's coming towards me, she sits in the seat in front of me, she looked me in the eyes.

"Do you think you can help me out? I'm kind of stuck.." She held up her notebook and showed me. It was a bunch of math problems.

'I guess I really am a tutor to her. It's better than nothing, at least..'

"S-sure, let me take a look at it." I nodded and picked up my pencil.

'Geometry...'

As I began to explain to her on what to do, I couldn't help notice how focused she was to learn this. She nodded with each step I wrote out and followed my instructions. 

"Why don't you try one now?" I asked daringly for her to stay at my desk.

"Okay! May I use your pencil?" 

I gulped and handed her my pencil, "Yeah, sure."

'I will forever cherish that pencil for the rest of my life...'

Watching her starting the problem then finishing the problem with her perfect handwriting was like a once and a life time gift. This is the first time we were close like this ever since I fell in love with her a few months ago. Back then I thought that she was just like every other girl. Now I realized that she's different.

"Is this right?" She blinked at me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I checked her work and nodded.

"Very well done, Jessica-shi." I smiled lightly. "If you ever need any help, you know who to ask."

"Mm, you!" She laughed.

"Yep! Haha.. because I'm the nerd! Hahaha."

She shook her head as she stood up and collected her notebook into her arms. She handed me my pencil back then walk back over to her desk, leaving me and my fading smile. I sat there and stared down at my desk, realizing what I last said to her. 

'Oh man.. that was SO lame! Why did I say that?!' I mentally slapped myself. 'Such an idiot! She's going to think I have a low self esteem, calling myself a nerd like that..'

I sighed before standing up and placing the pencil into notebook. There's only so much time we have for lunch before our next lesson starts. I glanced back at Jessica who got out her lunch bag and left the room first, leaving me by myself. I shortly followed after and headed to the cafeteria, where I usually sit alone in peace. 

 

 

Thanks for reading!
Comment if you'd like.
Subscribe for more. ;)