Upside Down

Upside Down

"Am I supposed to believe in that, Kim Jonghyun?" Jinki said without averting his eyes from his paperworks. Jonghyun almost couldn't see his face as Jinki's table is full with stacks of paperworks.

 

"You have got to believe me, hyung. I din't tell you this story for nothing. I want her."

 

"Her, is not an object, Jonghyun. Do not be a bastard and toy around with woman's feeling. They are the most complicated creature in this world. I would advice you not to get involved with them"

 

Jonghyun, on the other side of the table frown and hiss at the other man. The thought of doing that to a woman he loves never did cross his mind.

 

"I would never toy around with women, especially her, hyung. I want to marry her this instant if its possible, to make her as Mrs Kim and a mother to my children as soon as possible"

 

Jinki rolls his eyes. "I bet no one ever dare to tell you right in front of your face how creepy you can be, Kim Jonghyun"

 

"You are not helping, Lee Jinki."

 

"I'm sorry, but you apologizing and saying thanks is unimaginable to me. Now, if you may leave. I need to finish my work." Jinki's voice is flat as he tried to focus on the papers in front of him.

 

"Finish what hyung? You have already done all the reviews and analysis before it even happened! The budgeting is done, and the partnership is confirmed! Unless you can predict the future and the econom-"

 

"Actually, we can. With the right formula and observation on the ec-"

 

"Oh screw your robotic mind hyung. What is that paper on your hand for?"

 

".. This one is for the third quarter.. of 2 years later.."

 

"That's it. You are going with me." And just with that, Kim Jonghyun dragged the other guy out of his presidential office, glaring at each person who he thinks will be in his way on kidnapping Lee Jinki, another heir to a biggest name in the industry aka his best friend.

 

---------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, why would you bring a laptop here?"

 

"Do you know that time is so precious to mankind, especially to people like us? In each second that I wasted, I actually lose the second that i could use to-"

 

"Oh shut it. How did we manage to become best friend hyung?" Jonghyun sighed. True indeed. Jinki is such a perfectionist, some people will actually believes that he is a genius robot without any feeling, heck,  even Jonghyun thinks like that sometimes.

 

"Lets just wait for her, Hyung. I really need you to see her."  Jonghyun said with a dreamy eyes.

 

"Why would that matter to you?"

 

"Because you are the closest I have as a family, hyung, and I know its the same for you.. hyung? Hyung! Aish" Jonghyun sighed again at the sight of Jinki doing his work diligently and not paying any attention to what he just said. But his annoyed feeling was thrown away the moment he sees the person he wanted to see the most is making her way towards his table. The creased of his eyebrows are gone and is replaced with a smile on his lips. There is something in this girl that makes Jonghyun feels at ease.

 

"Good to see you Mr Kim"

 

Eyebrows furrowed again at the girl's remark. "Please, just Jonghyun."

 

"I'll take that privilege then, Jonghyun, hehe.." The girl said with a smile and a giggles at the end.

 

Blood rushes to the man's face as he heard the girl's voice calling out his name. Yes, he had wanted the girl to call him by his name eversince the beginning. But he did not expect the butterflies in his stomach will be this hyper to the point of buttheading the wall of his inner organ.

 

And good lord her giggling is the most adorable sound in the whole world that has ever come in through my eardrum.

 

"Hee.. hee.."

 

Shoot what the hell was that? Did I just giggle??! She made me giggle too?!

 

 

“So.. is it the usual then, Jonghyun?”

 

“Yes. Thank you, Hee Young sshi..” Jonghyun smiles politely at the girl and eyes her as she left the table. It wasn’t long until he heard a snicker from the man beside him.

 

“No kidding. You even said the word thank you. My My. The mighty arrogant Kim Jonghyun loses to a coffee girl”

 

“Shut it, Hyung”

“And how did you get her name?”

 

“I rang the owner of this café. Hesitant at first, but he spilled it ever so quickly the moment he knew I am THE Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“What did you see in her? She’s not a rich girl or any of your type. She is not from our world Jjong. How did you meet her?”

 

“I met her in this café, hyung” Jonghyun rolls his eyes at Jinki as though the question Jinki just asked is actually a standard 1 question.

 

“And how did you even manage to step into this café? As far as I know, Kim Jonghyun would never steps into a low class place like this.”

 

Jonghyun lets out a soft chuckle at Jinki’s newest question. The question managed to entertain him for some reason, as the answer is, too. He smiles wide at the sight of Hee Young making her way to his table with a tray on her hands.

 

“You are right, hyung. I guess it’s fate..”

 

Jinki rolls his eyes and shakes his head. “You’ve lost your mind dude”

 

That earns Jinki a playful chuckle by the other man.

 

Maybe I’m losing my mind. And it’s all because of you, Hwang Hee Young.

 

-----------------------------------

This is it, Jonghyun.  She is just in front of you, like usual, serving the coffee, like the usual. You can do it. Take a deep breath, like the usual, phew.. says her name gently, Jonghyun.. 1,2,3..

 

“HEE YOUNG sshi!”

 

So much for the ‘usual’. Pabo Jonghyun.

 

“Omo omo!”

 

Hee Young, who was leaning in to place the coffee on Jonghyun’s  table almost spilled his coffee as she was shocked by the man’s loud voice.

 

“M-mian.. I was just thinking, perhaps.. sometimes, you and i.. urm.. you know.. after your shift.. grab.. things together?”

 

“huh?”

 

“I mean, grab food, or objects, like shopping.. You know.. grab clothes and all that..” The poor guy is getting flustered and continuously fiddling with his hand, and that really reminds Hee Young of a high school girl in love.

 

“hah?”

 

Jonghyun sighed loudly at the girl’s clueless mind. AISH why is it so hard to do it?

 

“A date. Aish. I was thinking maybe we could go on a date sometimes.”

 

“I know.” She giggles naughtily and sit on the seat in front of Jonghyun.

 

“What?! You knew all along? Then why did you hah huh ing me?”

 

“I just want you to feel the panic and helpless feeling you always give to your workers” with that she giggles again and turns her back around to make her way into the kitchen.

 

Jonghyun just sighs at the girl’s behavior. He mumbles something that sounded like a whine and a grumble, before gasping and running to Hee Young. He holds the girl’s wrist gently and says with a soft voice.

 

“So what will Youngie’s answer be?”

 

Youngie. He loves to call her that. And right then Jonghyun feels that all the teasing he got from the girl is worth it as he sees the smile that lit up his whole world.

 

“Youngie says yes”

 

=====

 

Waha this is just a drabble for my friend. The perfectionist vs idealist is actually for Jinki’s story but since I’m a meanie, I decided to not cont the story here.

 

//bricked