Love Comes With The Rain.

Love Comes With The Rain

 

 

The raindrops stopped falling I looked out at the window pane, little children with their paper boats trying to let their creation filled with hopes and dreams flow through the water hoping someday it will come true.

 

I made paper boats before with a friend of mine. Her name was Hana she told me that it meant the heavens, it was a lovely name.

 

She lived just across the street at this lovely little house with a beautiful garden. I was a loner you see, I never played with others only when I am forced to and I never had that much friends only when you count those guys I sit by the benches during recess other than that I was pretty much alone.

 

One day while I was sitting alone by the swing set at the playground, she approached me then she started talking to me. It was a moment that I would never forget because it was the very moment that I knew that our friendship would last forever that someday it will be more than just friendship.

 

On school days we would go to school together and we would go home together. On weekends we hang out by the central park, breathing in the fresh air, running around with the wind against our face and just feeling sweet innocent freedom.

 

Sometimes when it rains we would stay at our houses and look out our windows and just look at each other, we’d smile and laugh in silence apparently for reasons I never knew. We just did.

 

When the rain would stop, we would get our fathers’ newspapers and make paper boats out of them and we would make them flow through the little streams left behind by the rain. We always did that.

 

Time flew by and we were in high school. She became top of everything, cheerleader, science club president and honor student, you name it she does it for good reasons of course. She was the perfect girl who I believe fell for the wrong guy. Jungmo was the soccer team’s lead player he likes Hana simply because she’s smart, she has a great body and captain of the cheering squad, I know because he tells me whenever I do his homework in Math. But there's more to Hana than how Jungmo would describe her. To my eyes she had always been beautiful, everything about her was just beautiful. Her eyes, her smiling face is what I loved most.

 

Hana and I had fallen apart when we got into high school. She was always at cheerleading practices or club meetings, I never get to walk her home anymore. She has Jungmo for that. She no longer greeted me when we past by each other. Gone were the days we would spend time together gone were the smiles, the glances and the silent laughter we shared when it rained. We were now worst than strangers.

 

And as for me, I was at the sidelines hoping someday she remembers that she had a friend like me and maybe she never will, because she and Jungmo started going out on movies on Friday nights, she had people to spend time with and I was not one of them. I was left alone at home with my guitar. Why she had chosen him? Why not me? What was wrong with me?