Chapter 01

Bandaid

 

He hurriedly put on his hoodie and sneaked out of the room quietly.

 

 

Picking up his phone from the table in the living room and double checking to see that the other members are still asleep, he quietly opened the door and rushed out of the dorm.

 

 

Puffs of breath came out his lips as he ran towards the basement where his car is parked.

 

 

The winter breeze blew and sent a cold chill seeping through his thin layer of clothes, but Seyong didn’t bother with the cold temperature.

 

 

He quickly unlocked his door and revved the engine before speeding off into the road.

 

 

He knew he couldn’t  risk speeding off and breaking traffic rules despite it being in the middle of the night, because of his idol reputation. But that didn't stop him from driving at the maximum speed allowed on the roads, careful to avoid creating any accident due to reckless driving.

 

 

It took half an hour before he reached his destination.

 

 

The car stopped in front of a familiar building. He quickly parked the car at the back of the building and got off, rushing towards the building.

 

 

He sneaked a look and saw the security guard dozing off.

 

 

With light steps, he walked inside the building.. careful not to make any noise that might wake the guard up.

 

 

Seyong tugged his hood over his face lower as he went inside the building and straight into the lift, pushing the button for the highest floor. 

 

 

There are a few other people inside the lift, but to his relief, they don’t seem to recognize him at all.

 

 

He mentally counted the minutes that passed before he reached the eleventh floor where he quickly got off. He ran straight down the hallway and turned right where a flight of stairs heading for the rooftop is located.

 

In his rush, he climbed two steps at a time; he’s almost out of breath by the time he reached the top.

 

 

His hands immediately held on the doorknob separating the rooftop from inside the building and to his relief, it’s unlocked, making the possibility of her being there even stronger.

 

 

He quietly twisted the door knob open and sneaked inside.

 

 

Tension finally left his body and relief flooded his being when he caught sight of a  figure sitting on the floor with her back turned against him.

 

 

He made his way with light footsteps, only taking that time to catch his breath.

 

 

He was just a few more steps away from the person when she turned around, her eyes glistening with moist.

 

 

He already  knew  that he’ll see her in that state, in fact, that’s the very reason why he rushed his way here in the first place. Because he knew he’ll find her here, crying alone.

 

 

But the sight of her tear-streaked eyes still stirred something inside of him.

 

 

How many times had he already been in this situation? He couldn't remember.

 

 

“Seyong-oppa....” a teary eyed Eunyoung choked out.

 

 

He quietly sat down next to her and pulled her close to him, encasing her lithe and shivering form with his arms to keep her away from the cold breeze.

 

 

They stayed that way until her sobs stopped; him sitting on the cold floor with Eunyoung cradled safely on his lap, fast asleep.

 

 

Heck! What happened to his vow to never get involved with emotional women?

 

 

That got screwed up when he met Joo Eunyoung, it seems.

 

 

She’s weak.

 

 

That’s his first impression of her when he saw her disappointment when she got rejected by N on broadcast.

 

 

That impression was strengthened by her crying at the second couple selection segment when she is.. once again.. rejected by the same man.

 

 

But this woman in his arms just seems to like messing with his speculations.

 

 

A weak woman will cry and paint herself as some kind of victim of love. But as he watched Eunyoung take a strong revenge on N by cracking that gourd strongly without hesitation, he realized how wrong he is about her.

 

 

The more he got to know her, the more he saw how emotional she could get.

 

 

There was one time when he got a call from her in the middle of a live broadcast all because Eunyoung was watching and she kept on ranting on how he’s being extra cold and quite rude on a girl group partnered to him.

 

 

He could only shake his head as he listened to  her scolding.

 

 

She’s a very emotional young woman, that’s true. But she’s far from being weak.

 

 

She’s sensitive..

 

 

She cries a lot...

 

 

But she always ends up by picking herself back together.

 

 

She stands up after every fall... she doesn't get afraid to be hurt..doesn't shy away from the idea of love no matter how many times she already got her heart broken.

 

But he knew, that no matter how strong a person is.... that strength is not a bottomless pit.

 

 

Pain, especially one caused by heartbreak, takes a long time to heal..

 

And there are times when the pain becomes too much and ends up leaving a nasty scar..

 

 

The idea of his cheery Eunyoung turning into a jaded woman who doesn't believe in love frightens him.

 

 

Lost in his thoughts and worries, he didn't realize that the woman is his arms has already stirred awake.

 

 

Eunyoung looked around and immediately realized that she fell asleep in Seyong’s arms again.

 

 

Her eyes are still a bit swollen from crying, but she felt weirdly refreshed.  It was as if that heavy burden in her chest is suddenly gone.

 

 

Seyong finally snapped out of his reverie and looked down to see Eunyoung looking back at him with a smile.

 

 

“Got a nice sleep?”

 

 

She nodded.

 

 

“Did you stay here with me all this while?” she asked while snuggling closer to his warmth.

 

 

“It’s cold out here. You should have gone back inside.”

 

 

Seyong raised his eyebrows, “And? You’re quite a heavy young woman, Eunyoung-ssi. Moving you inside would be a difficult task, especially if you sleep like a log.” He teased.

 

Eunyoung’s lips formed a pout.

 

 

“But you’re strong though.You should put those yummy abs into use. Many girls fall for you after seeing those six packs, they’d be disappointed if they found out it’s useless.”

 

 

“’Yummy’?” Seyong repeated with raised eyebrows and a grin threatened to break out of his face.

 

 

Eunyoung flushed as she realized what she just blurted out.

 

 

“Aniya!! Aniya!!”she shook her hands.

 

 

“I mean.... I..” she’s at lost on how to clarify without embarrassing herself any further.

 

 

Confused, she simply gave up and said with a huff, “Yah! What’s wrong with that? I’m a woman too. I know how to appreciate y guys..”

 

 

“So you think I’m y?”

 

 

Eunyoung’s jaw dropped as her blabbermouth has once again put her in an embarrassing situation.

 

 

“That’s right.. It’s not your fault I’m born hot..” Seyong said while puffing his chest out making Eunyoung sneer.

 

 

“Aigooo. Don’t let it get to your head, oppa.”

 

 

Seyong laughed out loud and pulled Eunyoung back to his arms. “Arasso. Arasso. Mianhe.”

 

 

He shifted his position to give more room for Eunyoung.

 

 

Eunyoung stayed cradled in Seyong’s warmth as the sun started to rise.

 

 

A comfortable silence surrounded them as Eunyoung laid her head on Seyong’s shoulders.

 

 

“You said many women fall for me because of my body...” Seyong said, breaking the brief silence that enveloped them. “Are you included?”

 

 

Eunyoung looked up at him, startled by the question.

 

 

She laughed.

 

 

“What’s with the sudden question, Kim Seyong? You’re still too young to be experiencing middle age crisis...”

 

 

But when Seyong simply smiled at her response and said nothing, Eunyoung realized that he’s serious with the question.

 

 

“Why do you ask that?”

 

 

“I don’t know either. I just felt that I had to..” he answered.

 

 

Eunyoung wrapped her arms tightly around his waist while she laid on his lap.

 

 

“Call me selfish, but I can’t lose you Seyong-oppa. Not by falling in love with you..”

 

 

“Am I being friendzoned now?” Seyong retorted with a dry laugh.

 

 

Eunyoung vehemently shook her head and snuggled back to him.

 

 

“Not you. Me. I’m putting myself in the friendzone... because that’s the only way I will not lose you..”

 

 

“What makes you think keeping me closer than I am now will make you lose me?—”

 

 

“Because.!” Eunyoung cut him off. Her eyes wavered and she looked away from him. “Because I’m a selfish woman..”

 

 

Seyong laughed, “That’s true..”

 

 

Eunyoung glared.

 

 

“You’re also possessive.. and easily jealous.. You get irritated when you see other girls flirting with me.. but you hate it when I treat them rudely too. You’re childish.. You easily cry... You throw tantrums...”

 

 

“Yah! Do you have to list all my faults?” Eunyoung irritably interrupted.

 

 

Seyong grinned and held her shoulders with both hands and pulled her face closer to his until their foreheads touched.

 

 

The grin on his face slowly vanished and is replaced by a serious expression.

 

 

“I’m trying to make a point, Eunyoung..”

 

 

His gaze focused on her,

 

 

“I know it.. all of your faults. I know them all. Wasn't it me who’s often the victim of your moods?” he joked.

 

 

Eunyoung scrunched her face at the playful jab and sneered.

 

 

“But I am still here. I didn’t leave..”

 

 

“You will.. I’m sure you will.. Because he did..” Eunyoung’s eyes turned sad as she remembered Ha Kyeon.

 

 

“I can never be a good girlfriend.. I’m pushy.. possessive.. That’s why he never wanted me.. I can’t lose you like I did with him, Seyong-oppa.. I....” tears fell down her eyes once again.

 

 

“So don’t do this.. Let’s forget about it—”

 

 

Eunyoung’s eyes widened in disbelief as she felt a pair of warm lips on her own, effectively cutting off what she’s going to say.

 

 

Eunyoung tried to push Seyong away.

 

 

Her fists hit him on the chest to push him away but it was all futile.

 

 

Seyong held her tight, wrapping one of his hands on her waist and the other one on her nape.

 

 

He pulled her closer to him, with her in a straddling position on his lap.

 

 

Without letting her go, Seyong deepened the kiss.

 

 

Recognizing her defeat, Eunyoung closed her eyes in instinct as she gave in to the sensation. She slowly returned the kiss as she wrapped her arms around Seyong’s neck.

 

 

They slowly pulled away, gasping for air.

 

 

Eunyoung was the first to speak,

 

 

“This doesn't change anything..”

 

 

“Do you want me to repeat it then?” Seyong retorted, holding on to Eunyoung’s hands, ready to pull her back to him at any time.

 

 

“Yah!”

 

 

“I’m serious, Eunyoung. Be my girlfriend.”

 

 

“It would be unfair to you..”

 

 

“And why would it be?”

 

 

“Because.! Because I don’t even know if I’m ready to love again.. There are a lot of other girls out there.. who can love you wholeheartedly unlike me who’s broken.”

 

 

“Stop pushing me away, Eunyoung!” Seyong finally got fed up and stood up from the floor.

 

 

“I’m not..” Eunyoung averted her gaze.

 

 

“I’m just trying to stop you from making a mistake... a mistake that can hurt both of us..”

 

 

“Then stop doing that.” He pulled Eunyoung up and took her in his embrace.

 

 

 

“I can’t heal the wound in your heart.. But I’ll be here with you to deal with the pain. Let me be with you, Eunyoung.. I won’t give up until I convince you..”