Final

I'm not Scared

 

“I’m not scared!”

 

“Then why, hyung? I just want to try! Just once!”

 

“No.”

 

Daehyun wasn’t scared. He wasn’t. He just didn’t like rollercoasters. He didn’t understand how, why anyone would want to go on one. They were boring. Boring and in no way fun. Not at all.  Not when he went on willingly and not when he was dragged there by his better half.

 

“But hyung!”

 

He hated when Jongup started begging. He hated the way he’d pucker his lips just a tiny bit, pouting, acting as if trying to be cute would get him everything. He hated how that innocent twinkle in his eyes would become even more prominent, how he’d subconsciously lower his voice, just enough to make Daehyun notice, and whine, whine, whine.

 

“No.”

 

He wasn’t mean. He wasn’t. He was just stubborn, insisting on getting his way. Because having things your way is always nicer. It had nothing to do with the way his boyfriend would frown dejectedly after giving in to his hyung. Nothing at all.

 

Daehyun didn’t like how following another of his rejections, Jongup would pull away the hand that’s been laced with his, how he’d try so hard to look angry, failing miserably. He hated how it’d take only a few brief moments until the warmth would come back and he’d feel Jongup hugging him, apologizing for ever doubting his hyung. He absolutely hated how that hug would always last longer than it should to not attract attention and how he’d be surprised every single time Jongup would end up with this cute expression that resembled something like a smirk, but would never ever come close to a real one.

 

Because that was Jongup. The innocent, constantly smiling teen that seemed so oblivious to the horrors this world held. The one that wouldn’t find it in his heart to ever tell a single lie and would wrinkle his nose when he’d detect something as a tiny untruth, because he was just that precious. The one that was still shy about joined hands and sweet kisses. The boy that Daehyun had been with for almost two years and still hadn’t done more than kiss with, because he knew the younger boy wasn’t ready.

 

And maybe Daehyun was a liar. Maybe, just maybe he did like the way Jongup was so shy about their relationship and would always ask for permission before touching him. Maybe that’s exactly why he loved him so much.

 

But being a liar was okay as long as he only lied to himself. It was okay as long as Jongup wouldn’t lose the trust he had in his hyung.

 

“Hyung, why?”

 

“I’m scared.”