Filming

Dance

“Wait! Stop!” Minho held up his hands with his eyebrows furrowed, “you’re telling me that I HAVE TO act with, with one of those overly frilly dresses on!? And that I have to act as a 13 year old in one of those and then as 18 in a similar and pretty much the same dress!?”

The director nodded seriously.

Minho wanted to pull his hair out. He looked over to his manager pleadingly, mouthing the words, ‘save me please!’

“Minho, don’t worry, I think it suits you”, Nichkhun chuckled, wrapping an arm around Minho’s shoulder.

The younger artist turned his attention to Nichkhun and stared at the other with shock, “hyung, you seriously think that I’d look good in one of those!?” Minho pointed to the outrageously puffed and lacy Victorian era dresses.

Nodding, Nichkhun smiled, “hey, at least we get to act together, isn’t that great?”

“Hyung! That’s not the point!” Minho cried, “what would you do if you were forced into a dress!?”

Nichkhun blinked at Minho with a little confusion written on his face, “I wouldn’t look good in one, they wouldn’t do that to me”

Shrugging Nichkhun’s arm off, Minho fumed, “are you saying I’m easy to bully?”

Taking a good look at Minho, Nichkhun nodded sternly, “you wouldn’t miss this opportunity to act with your hyung right?”

Minho bit his lip and shook his head slowly. Some way or another he was going to bite his pride down and wear that extravagantly exaggerated dress, “fine~” Minho sulked.

“Okay!” The director clapped her hands and then handed the script to Minho, “learn it soon, okay?”

The next day, Minho handed the script back to the director, “I’m sorry, I can’t do this after all”.

“What!? Why!?” the director asked, looking up at Minho with worry and a frown.

“I!” Minho looked at the director seriously, “I don’t think I should…” Minho pointed towards the script and started fidgeting, “I mean, I don’t think I can do that with Nichkhun-hyung”

The director stared at Minho for a bit before speaking up when she realised what Minho was talking about, “you guys kissed on Idol Army…”

Cheeks reddening immediately, Minho somehow felt that the director was a very scary woman, a very scary and knowledgeable fangirl. “That, that was different!”

“How so?” the director challenged, “it’s not anything the two of you haven’t done.”

“But!” Minho bit his lip in anguish and then whispered softly, “but it’s Nichkhun-hyung.”

“Minho?” Nichkhun called as he walked up to the other, “were you calling me?”

“Ah! Nichkhun-sshi!” The director hurriedly pulled Nichkhun along, “help me convince Minho-sshi that the kiss is just brushing lips together”

Minho stared strangely at the director, “what!? Lips brushing against each other?” Minho quickly grabbed the script from the director and flipped through it before opening it at a page and then showing the director where the kiss was supposed to happen.

“What?” the director looked at Minho for an explanation.

“Here!” Minho pointed towards the page, cheeks red and embarrassed, “read it.”

Nichkhun took the script and started reading aloud, “With flushed cheeks, both Nichkhun and Minho look at each other, slowly their faces come towards each other until their lips touch, slightly brushing against each other. In a swift movement, Nichkhun has Minho pinned against the castle wall…” Nichkhun looked up from the script to take a glance at Minho who was covering his reddened face with his hands. Silently, Nichkhun skims over the script and understands why Minho was so embarrassed.

“This is…” the director quickly takes the script from Nichkhun’s hands, “well, how do I say it? It’s not the PG version”

“Clearly”, Nichkhun gently ran his fingers through Minho’s hair, trying to comfort the other, “Minho-ah, it’s okay, you were just given the wrong script.”

“I’m sorry, Minho-sshi”, the director apologised.

“Really, no one is going to film something like that, okay?” Nichkhun pulled Minho into a hug, letting Minho bury his face in his neck.

The director felt like she was getting a whole year’s worth of KhunMin fanservice as she watched Nichkhun comfort an obviously shocked Minho. She nearly squealed when Nichkhun finally separated Minho’s hands from covering his face before swooping down to place a peck on the other’s forehead.

.

.

.

About a week after filming, Minho found in his pile of mail, an envelope from the director, he opened the envelope to find the movie he had filmed with Nichkhun on DVD with a short message attached

I’m sure you’d like to watch the movie first with your friends. Have fun!

“Oh”, Minho nodded and talked to himself, “I guess 2PM and SHINee would like to watch it together…” and then Minho placed the DVD back inside the envelope, a rather mortified expression painted his face.

.

.

.

“So, how did you guys find the movie?” Nichkhun asked the 2PM and SHINee members who were seated around one TV in the living room.

A chorus of approval was given as the members started chatting amongst themselves.

“See?” Nichkhun looked at Minho, “told you they would’ve enjoyed it”

Minho pouted and lightly kicked Nichkhun’s shin.

“That’s why we should’ve just stayed here with them watching the movie instead of going out to eat~” Nichkhun laughed.

Glaring at the older artist, Minho’s face contorted into a scowl, “they would’ve nagged us forever for spoilers…and the embarrassment from wearing such a dress!”

Laughing heartily, Nichkhun smiled brightly as he held tightly onto Minho’s hand.