Blossoming Attraction

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSAgvGAYTSM

---

That morning he woke up first and prepared breakfast.

He served kimbap this time and some sliced apples. He groggily went to the kitchen. “I smell food” you tried to sing the words but it only came out like a broken recorder. He smiled at you and filled the glass with water “About time you woke up” he said but there was a sparkle of smile in his face.

You stuck your tongue out “I’ll eat it well~” you lifted the chopsticks in the air and placed a kimbap in your mouth. He anxiously waited for you to finish it “How does it taste?”

You held your hand and swallowed. You loveed the food he made, one of the best you’ve had. “It’s horrible!” you said with a poker face. L. Joe felt disappointed; did he put something in it? Before he could ask you why, you changed your expression and put on a happy face instead “Just kidding! It’s delicious!” L. Joe beamed. He liked it when you enjoyed his food “Finish up quickly! We’re gonna be late for school!”

Done eating breakfast, you washed the dishes this time and got ready for school.

He was waiting outside. Beside him was his motorcycle. He looked like a model, how could someone be casually standing and still pull it off so beautifully? “I’m ready!”

“We’re running late! Chop chop!” he said. You scoffed at his cheap accent “Oh shut up!”

He chuckled and drove off.

It was still the same, but today you were both late and both in trouble for getting caught yesterday.

You ran as fast as you could, and entered your rooms. L. Joe waved goodbye to you and send you a wink. Your heart activated again *Why do I feel happy? I know he won’t look my way…* you stopped your steps, what was it you just said? Did you have feelings for him? Why so suddenly? Why so…

“I want to be a chef” L. Joe answered.

“Really?! I want to be an astronaut!” You held your hands up in a fist. He blinked, “You’re very unique!” he laughed. You grew disheartened “Hey, what was that all about?!”

Just then Mr. Lee knocked on the door “L. Joe, we have to go. We still have to meet your parents this afternoon.” You groaned “Aww! Ajusshi! Can’t you spare just a little more time?” you pronounced your aegyo, which worked with your grandfather, hoping it would work on his too. You wanted to hang out with L. Joe some more, you were happy with him. You didn’t get to have a chance to have a playmate.

Mr. Lee gave up and allowed you “Okay, just until the sun sets”

You and L. Joe cheered “YEAH!”

You took his hand and went outside “Now let me show you something!” L. Joe, without having any chance to reply he was dragged by you “Wait-”

*It’s all so vague to me, the memories. Maybe it’s because we grow up and face reality. Like each rain drop that started can slowly dissolve and blend with other incoming rain drops. They’d just pile up and make a small puddle. But you’ll never find that little rain drop that contributed to make the puddle.*

You pulled your sleeves up and hugged them *I want to know more about L. Joe oppa*

Your teacher entered the room and eyed you, “Out, now”

There was a commotion in the room and you could feel them eyeing you. He heard them snicker “What’s up with the loser?” the girls said laughing at your unluckiness.

Wajin laughed “Haha, a freak is charged for being too much of a freak! That’s funny!” his friends laugh and they hi-fived.

Yuri rolled her eyes *Someday, these boys are going to get it. And I’m going to be laughing at them, so hard*

Dalbi just scoffed and threw her hair at the back of her shoulder *Karma is so sweet* She continued looking leisurely at the mirror and fixed her bangs.

“You are sent to the gym. Hurry!” he shouted at you. You straighten up and ran without thinking twice.

In the gym you saw L. Joe on his fours. It was the head of discipline; he was patting a bat on his palms. L. Joe locked eyes with you and hinted a small mischievous smile *You too, huh?*

You bowed at the teacher and he gave you a look. You shifted your gaze to the ground “Kneel and lift your hands up!”

You two were in for trouble. However this punishment, you thought, didn’t seem so horrible.

The both of you locked eyes and made a knowing look. He tried his hardest to hide his wide smile and you did too. It was a secret language only the two of you knew. Only the two of you could understand.

*I hope this closeness continues on. I really want to get close to her* L. Joe thought.

“Say this: I! WILL! GO! TO SCHOOL! EARLY!” the teacher, with his stick, smacked L. Joe on his thighs whel he said those words. He winced with the pain. You closed and eye and jerked your head *So, sorry oppa…*

Seeing your crooked hands, the teacher shouted at you “What are you staring at?! Straighten those hands!” You jolted and did as you were told.