1

Invisible love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a very fancy and high class restaurant. The waiters stood by the tables prim, proper in their tuxedos and always ready to serve. The soft melody of piano complete the fanciness of the restaurant as some different song was played continuously. The door opened, a gorgeous lady with her equally attractive spouse, a young man, walked in to the restaurant, automatically becomes the center of attention every pair of the eyes in there.

“Eunhyuk, your turn!” said the manager firmly. Immediately stopped mesmerized the couple also, Eunhyuk then walk toward the couple as the commanded and bring them to their table. After a while, he left the table again, to give some space and time for them to look over at the menu.

 

-------

 

“Sir, do you want the steak rare, medium rare or well done?” Eunhyuk asked the man with the gorgeous lady, after done listing up their orders. He eyed him occasionally; the man was dressed in a suit that might cost 5 times of his monthly salary. He can’t help but felt jealous with that guy. That guy has everything, money, expensive suit and all. Also he has a really beautiful lady as his partner. And he had nothing but that heartless manager who never keeps his eyes away off him.

“Let mine be medium rare and she want hers well done.” The guy said, with a voice that conveys a sense of quiet confidence.

“Okay. I get it, sir. Anything else?”

“Nothing.” The guy said again, shaking his head lightly.

“Okay.” Eunhyuk politely and carefully take back the menu books from the table. “Please wait a moment. Your meals will be served soon.” He said then turned his back towards the counter to deliver the order to the head chef.

 

“Eunhyuk!” called the manager again as another couple walked in to the restaurant. Aware with the tone, he immediately went to do his job once again.

“Bastard!” He mumbled when walked to the couple while side-glance at the manager who’s keeps ordering him to do the job nonstop.

Eunhyuk was aware that the manager, Joowon, also known as boss’s son who was under training before taking over the restaurant; had always watching him like an eagle eyeing his prey. Since the first day he starts working there, Joowon had never pleased with him. Actually they’re rivals since their college days, because he had always lost to Eunhyuk in everything they participate in. Now he’s taking his revenge. Eunhyuk also still cannot believe how he ended up working there, but he’s working there. Even it just one temporary job, but he’s still concern about it because getting a steady job with a good salary is quite hard nowadays. He had gone to many companies for an interview but never get any feedback yet.

The salary from this job is the only one that accommodates his daily life, also he still needs to pay off his debt, rented a room, pay his bills and still need to save money for other things. So, he needs to keep this job dearly until he gets a steady job if he wants to continue to live.

“Hey? Are you even listening?” the middle aged man raised his eyebrows and also his voice, much to Eunhyuk’s embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, sir. Come again?” Eunhyuk apologized, while inside his mind, he cursed himself for his carelessness.

“I said… I want my steak to be medium rare and she wants the baked spaghetti.” That man said again, feeling annoyed for repeating the same things.

 “Okay, sir! Anything else?”

“No, you can leave us now…. I don’t wanna see you face anymore around.” The man sneered. “Such an .” Eunhyuk sighed heavily listened to the man mumbled when he’s still not far from their table. Clearly, that man wants him to hear him. Eunhyuk then saw his manager’s amused smirks. It’s not a good sign.

With heavy heart, he walked to the counter to give the order. “1 Maple & Blue Cheese Steak and 1 baked spaghetti for table 8 please!” Eunhyuk said to the head chef through the small window linking to the kitchen.

“How do they want the steak done?” The head chef asked back.

“Rare!” Eunhyuk said carelessly, doesn’t notice that the smirks on his manager’s face become wider once Eunhyuk said it.

 

“Please enjoy your meals, sir!” Eunhyuk said while smiling, placing the plate on the table of the young couple of that attractive young man and gorgeous young lady.

“Thank you…” The couple said in unison and smiles back to him.

“If you need more assistance, I’m pleased to help.”

“No, that’s okay. Thanks.”

Eunhyuk then walked away from the table again and he cannot help but to glance at the couple once again. He wondered, where he had been seen that gorgeous lady. She seems familiar. But shrugged it off immediately, she might be one of the regular customers at the restaurant. Nothing special.

“Wow, she’s really pretty.” Eunhyuk then accidently heard his colleagues’ talking; while they secretly looking at the young couple that he had just served.

“She’s prettier in real life than on TV.” Said another one.

“You both know her?” Eunhyuk cannot help but butted in their conversation.

“Are crazy? You don’t know her?” One of them inquired instantly, disbelieve with him.

“She seems familiar, but I cannot register who she is.” He replied truthfully.

“She’s quite a famous model.” The other guy said.

“What? Really?” Eunhyuk’s eyes little bit widen.

“Yeah! I can believe you don’t know her.” He added again while shaking his head.

“Well, I don’t have much time to spent and stay in front of the TV after all….” Eunhyuk said while shrugged. Time is really precious for him to just waste it like that. There are many things that he could do that can help him to improve his life.

“Table 8!” the head chef suddenly called behind the small window. Eunhyuk sighed; it’s really tiring to serve several tables in one time. Another cursed was heard inside his mind for his manager. It would be great if he can just stop working there, but no he cannot.

“Excuse me, sir!” Eunhyuk said softly, feeling sorry that he needs to interrupt their conversation but he needs to serve them the food and hope he can get away from there quickly. He just doesn’t want to deal with that picky customer longer then he need to. “Please enjoy your foods, sir.” Eunhyuk said with manner and slightly bowed before he walked away. He is about to turn around when suddenly the middle aged man called for him again.

“What is this?” That man asked immediately in loud voice that can be heard by everyone in the restaurant. “I asked for medium rare, but this is totally rare. Can’t you see? Is this what you called medium rare?” That man said pointed at the blood specks on the meat. Eunhyuk looked at the plate and realize that he had just committed a grave mistake. ‘That’s why that damn bastard smirking to him likes an idiot. He had known this all along.’

“I’m terribly sorry, sir…. It was my fault. I’m sorry…” Eunhyuk bowed continuously for several times, admitting his fault.

“Do you think sorry would be enough? Where’s your manager? I wanna talked with your manager! How can he hire someone so careless like you? You’re really such a pain in .” That man face’s hardened with anger. The restaurant full with his voice and Eunhyuk can feel that every pairs of eyes was on them now.

And like he had planned it, Joowon has automatically stood beside Eunhyuk. “I’m the manager. What can I help you, sir? Is something wrong with the food?” Joowon said and smiled sweetly at the couple. Eunhyuk clenched his fists to contain his anger. Joowon must really wait for this thing to finally come, that’s why he was so calm and composed. Usual he would devastated when other employees make a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter