Our Own World

Our Own World

Everyone has their own world. A special realm where you can collect your thoughts and doze off. Junsu thinks, as he watches people he know stare blankly at something, at nothing, their eyes glimmering with life, he knows that they’re daydreaming, that they’re off in their own world.

There is a little guilt, Junsu believes, when he calls out the daydreamer from their own world, vivaciously bringing them back into reality. Into this world in which everyone shares under the same sky.

Junsu remembers asking Yunho what he thinks about when he’s daydreaming. But he can’t remember the answer Yunho gave. He remembers Yunho asking him the same question. Junsu doesn’t need to think hard over the answer he gave. The answer hasn’t changed. He’s always been thinking of Yunho.

Staring into his now chocolate brown hair, Junsu smiles sheepishly. His fingers pick at the end of his hair. He understands that his frequently changing hair is representing his frequently changing heart. He wonders when it’ll stop changing. Junsu scolds himself for even asking himself that, the answer is simple. His heart will stop changing when he’s dead.

Junsu touches the mirror lightly, over the reflected spot of where his heart resided.

He use to think that all those fond memories spent with Yunho was their own world. Thinking that they were both in a unique world together when they were side by side. Those late night cuddles in front of a muted TV. Those early mornings where they hone into the small details of their dance steps. Those late afternoons where they sit in a bath together and talk of random stories.

Junsu closes his eyes as he reminisces.

However, now, Junsu thinks, it’s different. It’s the thought that counts. It’s the thought of the other which shapes their world, their own world. It’s when he thinks about Yunho on sleepless nights, tossing and turning, it’s when he thinks about Yunho early in the morning as the sun slowly rises, it’s when he thinks about Yunho when he’s eating lunch, wondering if the other was eating as well. It’s those times that carves their world together.

Junsu opens his eyes, half expecting to see Yunho’s perfect smile in the mirror. He’s only slightly disappointed when he doesn’t.

Pondering, Junsu thinks that perhaps, they don’t have their own world together, a world with just the two of them, alone and together. It was possible that such a world never even existed. To even define a world of their own was difficult, to share a special world with a special someone must be even closer to impossible. Shrugging, Junsu picks up his toothbrush and squeezes a decent amount of toothpaste on the bristles. Perhaps he’ll be able to find a world where there’s only Yunho and Junsu when he dies.