We Met Again

We Met Again

 

 

 WE MET AGAIN 

 


 

 

Spring,

It is a warm sweet breeze in the early morning. Minhyuk done with his hair, uniform and his breakfast. He then opens the door and walk outside to the bus stop to go to his school. He do not rush on his walk, instead he takes his moment of life on his every pace while inhaling some fresh air and enjoy the scenery of wonderful blooming flowers all along the street with his both fists in the pocket.

“It was all white last month, snows everywhere….” Minhyuk said alone with his calm voice.

“… plus it was cold and plain everywhere…” by the word plain he means the snow.

Minhyuk stop walking and bend his both knees, looking down on the ground,

“… time passed by …” he take out his both fist from the pocket and grab a beautiful bloomed cherry blossom that just fallen on his shoe, then he put it on his right palm.

“Good thing, spring came. No more coolness, plainness. How beautiful all this blooming flowers…” Praising while looking at the flower on his palm,

“… including you (the flower) too, dear little-pretty cherry blossom.” He holds the flower and stand up with his two feet.

“God! What wrong with me?! Why am I being too monolog talking alone? I shouldn’t read novels anymore” a small smiles forming on his lips and he then giggles while take a few step on his way.

♣♣♣♣♣♣

 

After a few minutes of walking, Minhyuk then reach at the bus stop and take his sit on the seat provided. Thinking that maybe it is still early in the morning, Minhyuk thought that he is just alone sitting there and wait for his bus to come. He feels something so he turns his head 85 degree to his left and saw a small figure who is sitting at the corner alone quietly, swinging the legs.

Minhyuk move nearer and lower his head forward to see the face. From what Minhyuk notice, the person must be younger than him, but he still he cannot see the face clearly. So, he lifts his left hand and slowly pats the person’s shoulder. The younger turns and looks at Minhyuk eyes directly.

Ah... It’s a boy.” said Minhyuk inside while greeting him with his smiles.

“Hello there boy?” Minhyuk greets and waving his hand cutely to the boy.

“He-hello…” The boy greets back, bright smiles and bows his head politely. Minhyuk mentally squeals about how cute the boy is.

“It seems like you’re alone here? It’s not safe enough for you to stay outside alone without guidance. Especially cute young boy like you, it’s too dangerous.”

Before the boy could reply to Minhyuk’s question, suddenly the boy’s tummy growls loudly then with sudden the boy wrap his arm on his tummy. Minhyuk giggles seeing the boy, “What was that? Is it your tummy singing? You didn’t take your breakfast I see.” Minhyuk remember that he bring along his bread in his bag. So, he slides his hand into his bag’s zip and takes the bread out. The boy giving a look on what Minhyuk is going to do.

“Ah! Look! I have bread here! I bring this along thought that maybe I can eat it later at school, but you seems hungry… here you go! I can buy a new one later.” with an open heart, Minhyuk give it to the boy without hesitate.

“I have milk for you too, so you’ll not choke.” The only words that the boy can say to him are “thank you”, shyly and Minhyuk respond “it’s a pleasure” to the boy.

“It’s my bus. I have to go now boy. Have a nice breakfast…” Before Minhyuk take his first step forward, the boy pulls his sleeve.

“I j-just have t-this for you…” the little boy showing candies in his small palm to Minhyuk.

Again, Minhyuk bend his knees together to stand the same height as him. “That’s so sweet of you. I’ll take this as thanks then. Bye!” Minhyuk stands and take those candies while ruffles the boy’s soft-like- angel hair then step into the bus. Minhyuk turn his body and wave to the cute boy.

Minhyuk take his seat. He cannot stop himself from smiling thinking about the little boy. “What a cute boy and bravo! I forgot to ask his name!” The smiles still not disappearing from Minhyuk’s lips and he keep looking at the candies on his palm.

♣♣♣♣♣♣

Hours had passed, and evening had set the sky and time. Minhyuk also finishes with all his classes and school for that day. He also finishes with his cleaning duty and putting all his stuff in his locker, it’s the time for him to walk out from the school’s gate. He takes a bus and the bus drop him to the same place in the morning.

The bus stop, Minhyuk stand up and waiting for the automatic door to open. The door open and he carefully jumps on the ground.

Then, he sees the same figure who is sitting on the same spot at the bus stop just like before. Minhyuk with curious, get closer to the person.

“Hello?” the person moves his head and look up to Minhyuk’s face.

“Eh?! It’s you boy? Why are you still here?” asks Minhyuk.

“I don’t like staying home... I would rather sit here…” say the boy with a sad tone.

“Ah… okay… alright…” Minhyuk then take a seat next to the boy, “So? How long are you going to just sit here? Till the dusk?”

“I think so…. Yeah…” says the boy slowly nodding his head.

 “Yeah! I should ask his name!” Minhyuk try to look at his small eyes.

“emm, so boy…. what’s your name?”

“Me? Yukwon… Kim Yukwon…” reply the boy awkwardly.

“So, this cute face name Yukwon~ I’m Lee Minhyuk.” Introduced Minhyuk to the little Yukwon.

 “Ah… Whatever your problem is at home…”Minhyuk then try to change the topic, “did you hungry? You must be sitting here without going anywhere right?” Yukwon just nodding.

Minhyuk grab the petite hand to follow him, “Okay! Come on and follow me! I’ll treat you… It’ll be a date with me…..” Minhyuk stops, “did I just say ‘date’?? Ey~ I’m so pedo! Pedo Minhyuk!” Minhyuk mentally face-palm.

“Okay! I would like to…” says Yukwon cutely, “date…?” question’s-mark expression appear on Yukwon innocent face.

“I mean! Hanging out with this hyung… okay?!”

After Yukwon says “sure”, Minhyuk grab Yukwon little hand and hold each other to the place they wanted.

♣♣♣♣♣♣

Dusk has leave, the sun give a chance for the moon and stars to bright at the dark sky, means it’s an arrival of a night episode.

After they spend their short evening walking, eating, playing and story about this that. Now they are sitting on a bench at the playground nearby with ice-cream on each other’s hand, it and biting the cone.

Minhyuk can get his eyes away from looking at Yukwon who is enjoying his ice-cream. He can’t help but smiles widely looking at Yukwon’s cute face. The younger just look back at Minhyuk and smiles like a little Barney’s friend.

“Actually, my mom didn’t allow me to eat ice-cream at night.” Yukwon suddenly speak his voice out.

“Oh! Really? I didn’t know that, but… your ice-cream already halfway to be finish.” Minhyuk just laughing and pinching the younger’s cheek.

“Yukwon… even your mom didn’t allow you, you have to grab the chance because it just once in a while right?” Minhyuk advices to Yukwon while moving his palm to Yukwon’s cheek.

“Am I allowed to do that?”

“Of course you do! Of course everyone do! When will you have the chance to eat an ice-cream at night here in this playground where no one can see with me? I bet your mom did the same when she was the same age of you because I did the same too.”

 “Okay! And you’re such brat hyung!” Yukwon responds. Both of them giggle. Minhyuk quite surprise hears that Yukwon say he is a brat.

“Just look at you, ice-cream all over your face! You do enjoy the chance huh?” and again Minhyuk can’t stop smiling looking at the boy. Minhyuk then use his delicate thumb and help Yukwon by sliding his thumb on Yukwon’s lips where the ice-cream makes Yukwon’s face looks messy.

“I think I have my handkerchief somewhere in the pocket….” He takes his handkerchief out from his pants’ pocket and, he notice there are a flower pattern on his handkerchief, Minhyuk observes the handkerchief.

“Yeah! The flower I picked! But… it leaves a nice pattern though. Whatever.”

“Hyung! I already finish! And I already clean myself! I got tissues” shouts Yukwon and who is standing in front of Minhyuk.

“Oh yeah! I see. Good then….”

“Yukwon-ah, I want to give you this.” Minhyuk take his handkerchief and show it to Yukwon.

“It’s yours?”

“Yes, you see the pattern on the middle. It’s pretty right? It’s mean spring, cherry blossom who symbolize the spring…..

……

……

……

Same goes to you who just colored my boring day into a colorful moment…” says Minhyuk in a lower voice.

“Huh?” Yukwon don’t get what Minhyuk means.

“You see, my handkerchief is just nothing on it, no pattern at all. When there are objects in it, it turns out prettily, right? Just look at the pattern.”

“Yes. I think I got it.”

“And I think you had learned so many things that you never learn in school right Yukwon?”

“What? About grabbing the chance and being a brat? Am I right?”

“Yes! Except being the brat part. And one more! The pattern… maybe it will help if you are dreaming about being an art guy, who knows? Right? Then take this” Minhyuk grab Yukwon’s hand and put the handkerchief on his small palm.

 

“YUKWON-AH! YUKWON-AH! Where are you?! Dear!” they hear a lady voice who is shouting Yukwon’s name again and again. Yukwon seems familiar to that voice,

“It sounds like my mom calling me, hyung. I need to go now….” Yukwon slowly pull his hand keep the handkerchief in his jacket’s pocket, before he turn and go,

“Hyung! I’ll remember your name, your face, your voice and all you have taught me! I’ll keep this handkerchief. Thank you so much!” Yukwon gave Minhyuk a big hug saying that it is a farewell.

Yukwon turns and walk away………

 

It’s was their first and last time seeing each other and spending time together. Even though, Minhyuk always thought that Yukwon is young and innocent to him, but he seems like the one who can ‘color’ his life, maybe just for tiny moment.  Every time he thinking about the boy’s face, Yukwon sweet smiles always appear in his mind.

The next day,

Yukwon’s little figure no more at the bus stop. Minhyuk who is just standing and waiting for the bus putting his fist in the pocket and feeling like solid candies in there. He then takes it out,

“Ah! Yukwon’s candies! It still here…”

 

♣♣♣♣♣♣

 

Years already passes, and…. It spring again…

Minhyuk who is getting ready for his work with his tie around his shirt collar, tidy good looking hair and clean, ironed outfit. He wearing his shiny black shoes and take his first step into the new spring season walk to the bus stop. Still, he didn’t rush and just walk elegantly while breath in the spring fresh warm air.

He arrives at the bus stop, and again… he always earlier than the bus. Bus seems to be late a bit because the first bus had just passed by. So, the handsome figure takes his seat. Suddenly he feels like a hand patting on his shoulder, he then turns his head...

“It’s been awhile, hyung. You’re still the same from the first time we met.” A high school student in his uniform talk to him.

“Do I know you?” Minhyuk give him a blurry look.

The boy takes out a handkerchief out from his shirt’s pocket and hold it up,

“It looks like it’s hard to have such a chance since it’s just once awhile… Lee Minhyuk-ssi. I mean hyung.”

Minhyuk move closer to the boy face and look straight to his eyes. He trying to remember the face, the cute face that he knew… and the handkerchief that he usually had before…

“Is it you? Kim Yukwon!”

“Yes! That’s me! we met again.” Yukwon just respond with smiles.

 


A/N:

All i can say: MINHYUK, YOU'RE SO PEDO~ BYE! XD