spoon & fork.

Spoon & Fork [oneshot]

Tapping her foot, the young girl repeatedly glanced at her wrist watch. She goaned frustratedly as she waited for her boyfriend to come. Her hazel brown hair was straightened, not like her usual wavy style. The girl's frowning lips was cherry pink, her eyelashes making her eyes bigger. And to add up more cuteness on her appearance, she wore a blue cardigan covering her pink tank top and a black gothic skirt. It was quite cold, so she wore black stockings and combat boots, because she wasn't really used to wearing heels.

She was already thinking of going on ahead and watch the movie herself, but right before moving a step, her boyfriend, all tired, arrived. 

"Sorry I'm late, jagiya," the deep-voiced guy grinned foolishly, thinking he would deceive her with his innocent, child-like smile.

He wore a white tee shirt behind his blue jacket and brown pants. His brown hair was permed permed quite cutely. He wore his favorite nike shoes that he wears in almost every outing. 

"Sorry my !" the girl said, almost shouting. 

The tall boy sighed. "So Eun, I'm really, truly sorry. Something came up and I had to do it." 

So Eun rolled her eyes, not giving him a reply. She looked away. "Everything always comes up when we have our date. Why don't you make a better excuse, Chan Yeol?" 

Chan Yeol, looking guilty, bit his lower lip. He scratched the back of his head. 

Chan Yeol was So Eun's boyfriend. They have been going out for almost two years now. They met through their friends, introduced to each other, and became close. When they first met, Chan Yeol actually had a girlfriend before. But unfortunately, she broke up with him, leaving the poor guy to be broken hearted. So Eun kindly tried to cheered him up, and failed multiple times. It was then Chan Yeol had realized he had already fallen for So Eun.

Their love story was a bit rocky, but their relationship is still very strong and active. 

"But," Chan Yeol's eyes brighten, hearing his girlfriend say that. "I suppose I can forgive you. Today is our anniversary," So Eun smiled at him. 

The tall boy chuckled. He swung his arm to So Eun's shoulder, "Well, let's go inside. The movie will start soon," Chan Yeol said, a blissful smile stuck on his face.

His girlfriend nodded, and they went inside the movie theatre. 

 

As they watched the movie, the two ate caramel popcorn. Occasionally, Chan Yeol would fakely yawn and place his arm around So Eun. The girl would pretend she doesn't notice, but deep down, she was gleeful.

"Isn't the movie fantastic?" So Eun asked her boyfriend. 

They were watching a romantic movie, which had many love scenes. So Eun loved movies like that, and would watch every single romantic movie she sees. Nothing stops her as a romance fanatic.

"Hm? Oh, yeah sure." he replied, looking somehow a bit bored. This made the girl scowl.

Not wanting her emotion to change, So Eun turned her head back to the screen. She was once again ecstatic.

If So Eun loves romantic movies, Chan Yeol gets bored of it easily. Like other guys, he wasn't into cheesy stuff like this. He liked other things; from sports to robot figures, he was really manly and boyish. Never did a romance movie caught his eye. He would only watch those, if So Eun enjoys it. 

 

The movie had ended, and the two went outside. So Eun was still quite happy, while Chan Yeol was happy too, because the movie ended.

"Well, wasn't that fun? You know what else is fun?" Chan Yeol asked, lively again as before.

So Eun tilted her head, "What?" she said.

"Arcade!" 

Just hearing that word made So Eun frown deeply. Everything Chan Yeol seems to like is what So Eun dislikes. They were the total opposites. Yin Yang. The only similarity they had was their mutual feelings. That was all to it. This was why they didn't like to have dates; it would just ruin their day.

And so, as Chan Yeol had suggested, they did went to the arcade. She wasn't quite happy about it yet, but she wished that something good will happen there.

As they went inside the noisy game room, Chan Yeol leaped and smiled like a kid at the sight of the games. He loved arcades. He grew up to playing games all the time. It was something he was good at, and what he enjoyed. Just like So Eun who loves romance movies, but Chan Yeol with games. 

"Hey, let's play that game!" the tall boy said, pointing out at a game called 'Nyan Cat'. The game machine was colorful and had a cat as its design. It was as if the game was made for a kid.

"You've got to be kidding me," So Eun mumbled. 

Chan Yeol raised a brow and glanced at her, "Did you say something?"

Before smiling happily at him, she quietly sighed. "Nothing, let's go?" 

Her boyfriend chuckled quite cutely. He grabbed her hand and led her to the game. 

He played for three hours straight. Well, not really. He took a 'break' for only 20 minutes, just to eat a hamburger and drink coke. It was so obvious that these arcade games were addicting for him; they were his forte.

Meanwhile, his grumpy little girlfriend sat on the corner, angry as ever. This was why she always avoided arcades when going on dates with Chan Yeol; they distract and hypnotize him, or something. 

So Eun's eyes lightened up when she saw Chan Yeol walking towards her. This signaled that he was done playing, and was ready to leave this noisy place. "Let's go?" she immediately asked.

"Yep, sure." he replied. Right after saying that, his phone rang. He answered it, "Annyeonghaseyo? Oh, Joo Min."

Joo Min? Who's Joo Min? 

Hearing an unknown girl's name baffled So Eun. They didn't had a friend known as Joo Min, and she doesn't hear Chan Yeol talk about a certain Joo Min either. This was the first time for So Eun to hear Chan Yeol talk to an unfamiliar girl.

The tall boy chuckled, "Okay. Thanks, Joo Min. Bye." he turned off the phone and put it back on his pocket. "So Eun, let's go to the usual restaurant, okay?" 

Spacing out, So Eun nodded. "Mhm." she only answered.

 

They went to the restaurant they always go to on their dates. A waiter led them to a table and sat there, facing each other. The atmosphere felt awkward, as the two didn't quite talk to each other.

Chan Yeol was worried. Was she still mad? But they had already left the arcade. He was also quite puzzled. 

"Hey, So Eun, are you.. still mad at me?" he asked. 

It took a few seconds for her to shook her head. 

Chan Yeol lowered his head. "You.. look like it." he mumbled.

it became quiet between the two again. Around them, the people were chatting and were noisy. But they felt like it was so silent. Chan Yeol didn't dare to speak up more, afraid he might make her burst into anger.

Suddenly, she asked him, "Who was that girl?"

He tilted his head. "What girl?"

So Eun looked up, their eyes meeting each other. Her eyes were sad and doubtful. "The girl.. you were talking to on the phone."

Chan Yeol was confused once again. "You mean Joo Min?"

The girl bit her lower lip and slowly nodded. 

"So Eun, what--.." before Chan Yeol could finish, loud singing could be heard. The two looked the left and saw people singing and playing instruments. There was a huge banner on top of them.

Happy Anniversary, So Eun. it was written.

So Eun was dumbfounded, and could only listen to the song. 

After the song ended, Chan Yeol walked infront of the So Eun and knelted. "So Eun," he said, 

The girl was nervous. She didn't know what's going now. Everything was happening so suddenly. Did he.. do all of this? 

"I'm sorry if I made you mad today," he bit his lower lip. "when I arrived late, when I obviously didn't enjoy the movie, when I knew you didn't liked the arcade.. I was kind of ignorant, huh?" 

For some reason, the entire restaurant was quiet. All eyes were on So Eun and Chan Yeol. She felt kind of embarrassed, but she didn't care. So Eun only looked at Chan Yeol, and she felt just fine. She thought they were the only ones there.

"but you know, we're kind of like Spoon & Fork. You're the spoon, I'm the fork. We're different, but we're useless when we don't have each other," Chan Yeol cheesily said, grinning. 

So Eun chuckled. "What about the knife? What about her?.." she said, a hopeful expression on her face.

He smiled at her and placed his hands on her cheeks. "I don't need another one when I got you, So Eun," he said. "happy anniversary," Chan Yeol took out a small box from his pocket and opened it. "marry me?" he took out a ring and smiled cheekily.

She smiled happily, her eyes teary. "Yah, Chan Yeol, since when have you been this cheesy? Of course I'll marry you!" So Eun said, giving her boyfriend a tight, warm hug.

The other people clapped and cheered joyfully. Chan Yeol's proposal made all of them cheerful. 

"I love you, Chan Yeol. I really, really, love you." So Eun mumbled.

He chuckled. "I really, really love you too, So Eun. I love you the best." Chan Yeol said and kissed her.

 

- - -

 

A/N: Thank you for reading my silly oneshot. I don't think I'll make a part II of this. Instead, I'll make a different pairing. Who would you guys like? Sehun, Luhan, or Kris? Though I might pick Luhan. :)