Final

First time

Leeteuk remembers everything.

He remembers everything from her sweet, dorky smile to her silly 'ahjumma' laugh.

He remembers her impeccable love for the little green peas and her obsession with gummy bears. He remembers how she would hug him and kiss him lovingly every single day after work. He remembers how she would call him, ever so sweetly, "Leeteuk oppa!". He would give anything to have one of her special kisses, or even hear her sweet voice calling out for him.

Honestly speaking, a man of Leeteuk's age would probably not remember that much in such vivid details, but it was his love for his girl that kept Leeteuk's memories of her very much alive. Rather unlike her.

He remembers the first time they met in high school, she in her first year and he in his third. He'd gotten to know her through the choir, which they were both members of. He remembers how angelic her voice was, how clearly and beautifully each note was sung. Oh, how he missed that lovely singer!

 

He also remembers the first time they went on a date.

"Taeyeon ah you look pretty in that dress. The colour compliments your hair..."

"Thank you Leeteuk-oppa! You look dashing yourself! I like it when you wear white. You look just like an angel. My angel!"

"Haha, thanks, where do you want to go?"

"Hmm... Anything's fine..."

 

He remembers his first gift to her...

"Ah? What's this... A necklace... For me?"

"Yes Taeyeon, its for you."

"Wow its so pretty! Its so sparkly, and shiny... Thank you!"

"Only for you Taeyeon..."

...and her first gift to him.

"How does it taste Teukie oppa?"

"Mmm... Delicious! I never knew you could bake cookies..."

"Hehe...  I iced these all by myself... But Tiffany helped with the baking..."

"Thats sweet of you Taeyeon... I appreciate it."

"No problem oppa! I love you!"

 

He also remembers where their first date was.

"Oppa! Han River is too cliche... Can we go somewhere else instead? Somewhere with lots of candies, fun, excitement... Please?"

That was how they ended up at Lotte World.

Leeteuk remembered taking billions of photo booth pictures with her. His favourites included one of her hugging him tightly and another where he was almost lifting her up, his cheek pressed against hers. He remembered the many different rides they took together, with Taeyeon hugging his arm tightly on every single one.

He remembers.

And Leeteuk would never forget the first Valentine's day he spent with her.

"Oppa! This place is soooooo pretty! Thank you for bringing me here!"

"Hehe, no problem Taengoo... Here, these are for you..."

"Wow... red roses... Their petals are so soft oppa... I love them! Thank you..."

"Yeah, thats the name of this restaurant we're at... "Anges dans le ciel"..."

"Ahh... What a pretty name! Its French for 'Angels in heaven' right?" 

"Yeah... And its pretty like you...,"

His memory starts to get choppy around this point of time.

 

He doesn't remember what he did with her on every single Valentine's day, but he remembers that she was always with him and every night, after their date, they would always go, without fail, to "Red roses"  a nice, romantic dinner.

And here his memory resumes.

 

He remembers going out with Kangin to pick out a wedding ring.

"Hey, which do you think Taeyeon would like?"

"I dunno, she's your girlfriend, not mine..."

"But hey! She's your sister!"

"Oh really? Since when did I allow you to marry her... Just kidding!"

"Quit joking around man, I seriously need to pick one!"

"Well... What do you think is significant to her?"

"..."

"I think that one's good. She's always going on about how you look like an angel whenever you wear white."

"Yeah... I like it too... Thanks mate!"

"No prob buddy, always the best for my sis and my best mate."

 

He remembers their wedding day.

The hall was decked with white ribbons and adorned with fresh, white flowers. Leeteuk was standing nervously by the altar, palms sweaty and insides jumpy.     Terrifed as he was, he told himself that he had to put on a strong front. Taeyeon and her father would be arriving anytime soon. The guests were all seated, on the edge of their seats in anticipation. The wedding bells were sounded and before Leeteuk could react, Taeyeon was walking flawlessly down the aisle.

She was wearing a beautiful white gown that flowed down, flowed down way past her knees. A beautiful crown of white lilies adorned her head, and in her slender arms held a lovely bouquet of white roses.

Roses.

The couple's favourite flowers.

He remembers Taeyeon walking towards him slowly, gracefully and pleasantly. Her eyes were fixated on him, while a small smile crept upon her face. Seeing that calm and gentle smile made Leeteuk ease up, and before he knew it, he had lifted her veil and was smiling at her while looking down into her oh-spo-mesmerising brown eyes.

He remembers the voice of the priest.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Leeteuk also remembers their first child. Park Dongwook, a strong and healthy boy with his mother's eyes and his father's dimples. And then there was Park Yejin, a beautiful and delicate girl they so often likened to a flower.

He also remembers Dongwook's graduation, where he had to console a very proud Taeyeon, who had broken down just at the mere thought of their son studying overseas. He also remembered taking a photo of Taeyeon with Yejin, who was now a very successful ballerina. He and Taeyeon could not be more proud of their kids.

 

He also remembers how Taeyeon fell down the stairs. She was getting on in age, and so was he, but having been working while Taeyeon ran around looking after their then young children, his legs were definitely in much better condition than hers. 

"Taeyeon! Are you okay?"

"Urgh... Yeah, just that my ankle..."

"Oh! Its swollen! I'll bring you to a doctor, what if you've sprained it?"

"No... No need..."

"But Taeng..."

"No, its alright. I'm better now..."

 

And he also remembers their 30th wedding anniversary.

"Taeyeon ah, where do you want to eat today?"

"Hmm... Anges dans le ciel would be nice!"

"Huh? But that's sort of... unfancy and unposh..."

"But thats our special place isn't it? Pleaseeee Teukie..."

"Oh okay then! You do have a point about it being our special place..."

"Yeay! Promise we'll stay together, forever and ever!"

"I promise Taeng..."

 

He also remembers how they celebrated her 60th birthday.

"Appa! Go stand with umma!" Dongwook called. He was now 36. Yejin was 31.

"Dongwook ah, what about you and your sister? I'm sure your mum would like a nice family shot..."

" Its okay umma! Me and oppa will join you after this!" Yejin piped up.

The family photo they took after Taeyeon and his 'couple shot' turned out to be one of their last.

 

For Taeyeon had been diagnosed with lung cancer shortly after.

 

He found her  sitting on the couch, wheezing and gasping breathlessy. He also noticed how thin and gaunt her pretty face had become.

"Taeyeon... Are you okay?"

"I'm..." -cough- "F-fin-ee..." -hack-

"Do you need to see a doctor? You don't sound well."

"Oh I'm fine..." -wheeze- "i..." -cough- "just need a little rest..."

"No Taeyeon. You're going with me. You've been like this for a long time now... No... No... You're going to see a doctor..."

The news that the doctor gave hurt him so much, he was sure that if his heart was made of glass, it would have shattered into mere dust particles.

"Ms Kim Taeyeon has lung cancer, it is at a stage whereby it cannot be cured anymore... She may have been able to be cured if she had came for a checkup earlier..."

And Leeteuk remembers his rage.

His hurt.

His pain.

His sadness.

"Taeyeon! Why? WHY? WHY DIDN'T YOU GO FOR CHECKUP WHEN YOU WERE UNWELL? WHY? Why were you so stubborn? What made you hold back? Was it your pride? Why? Seeing a doctor doesn't mean you're old and weak, it just means you're unwell! WHY? Now... I'll lose you... Earlier than I should..."

He remembers his own silent tyrant in their bedroom clearly, with all his pent-up emotions in a single sentence.

He also remembers her condition detoriating day by day. 

"Taeyeon! You're not getting better are you? Don't lie..."

"..."

"Taeyeon?"

"..."

"Taeyeon? Speak to me..."

"..."

He remembers himself spending her numbered days with her by her hospital bed, with her watching him with doleful eyes. He remembers how she was all dressed in white, how the bedsheets were all white, how the hospital room was all white.

White just like an angel.

His angel. 

She was his angel, and he was her angel.

Together, forever and always.

He remembers he last minutes on Earth with him.

"Taeyeon? Are you..."

A weak nod from Taeyeon confirmed his arousing suspicion.

Taeyeon had not been looking any better for the past hour, and she was anything but better.

In fact she seemed to have bounced back from the brink of death a couple of times.

"Taeyeon... I... Want you to go in peace. You and I know your time is up... I will be fine here, although I will miss you..."

"..."

Taeyeon had been unable to speak for a long while. Leeteuk never expected her to, with her body being so weak with age and illness.

"Taeng... I'll be your angel forever, if you'll be mine. I love you. Always."

Taeyeon's breaths began to become raspy and forced.

"T-t-t-euk-ie... I... l-ov-ee y-you...:"

Leeteuk's eyes widened.

"Tae...Taeyeon...:"

With her last bit of energy, Taeyeon placed her hand upon her husband's leathery ones.

"Always..."

And with that she was gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a year since Taeyeon's death.

For the first time in his life ever since he had gotten together with Taeyeon, Leeteuk sat alone at a booth in Anges dans le ciel.

He could hear Taeyeon's giggles as she sat across him.

He could picture his lovely girl sitting across him, holding the menu in front of her face, cheekily grinning at him from behind it every now and then.

It was as though she was right there.

Leeteuk's memories of his beloved Taengoo were very much alive, in contrary to her physical being.

After all, our loved ones never do really leave us, do they?

It was as though Taeyeon never left.

Of course she'd never leave.

After all, we've promised to be each others angels for eternity?

Right Taeyeon?

-Yes oppa. Always.-

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... Its the end of my first ever one shot! :)

Thank you to all my subscribers, and I sincerely apologise for updating this story late ;__;

Please forgive me...

Anyway, please leave a comment, because I would greatly appreciate it ^^

And if possible, recommend this to your Taeteuk shipping friends!

Thank you so much for your kind support! 

Love, 

sicalove93~~