Prologue

MagiX

So, there's a universe where humans, magic creatures, and extra terrestrial beings live in harmony, where magic and machinery combine. And several stars evolved into planets, planets with monarchies. There were two planets that were all well-known.

The first one was Yong-Gamhan, a planet filled with brave knights, willing people and humble men. The planet had a warrior for a king, kind and brave. It had a beautiful and almighty healer for a queen. They have two sons; the older one was already destined to be king while the younger's future was still to be decided. Either he is to be wed or to take over as captain of the royal guards.

 

The other one was Kkamppag-ida, a planet of twinkling stars and beauty. The planet was, also, filled with brave and selfless people. It was run by a humble king with an eye to put his people and his family first. His queen, feigning beauty and kindness, was deceased with a contagious disease. From there, the king had to raise his beloved and only daughter alone with the help of the servants. She grew up to be a humble,  grateful,  and kind. But she was a bit rebellious, being forced around by her governess. The only ones to listen are her father, who is mostly busy, and her knight friend, who grew up with her, side-by-side.

 


 

"WHAT?"

"Seo, please, just listen..."

"Appa! You know I never wanted this!"

"I know, dear. But please, would you just-"

Seohyun had enough. She ran to her room with tears trailing down her cheeks.

The king sighed, "Yoona? Could you please go and check if Seohyun is alright?"

The knight girl, Yoona, nodded then headed for the princess's room.

"Aish, Seo. Just listen to your dad for one..." she mumbled.

She stopped in front of the pink metal plated door and knocked on it, "Seo? I know you're in there..."

Nothing.

She sighed heavily then knocked on the door again, "Seo? Come on..." when she knocked one more time, the door opened.

Yoona raised her brow and opened her friend's door, "Seo?"

She looked around.

No Seohyun. She then spotted the chain hanging from her balcony.

Yoona's eyes widened, then she ran over to the balcony to see the trees ruffle in a particular path.

"AIGO!!" She exclaimed. She whistled out before sliding down the chain.

By the speed of light, a white horse came out and caught her.

"Good girl, Hwajae. Now, let's get to the lake!" She pointed.

 


 

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong..."

"Sire, you are doing nothing wrong! It's your daughter's attitude problem." Seohyun's governess, Min-jung, snarled.

"I know it's not because of that. Her mother wasn't like that."

"Yes, well sire, she's gone now." She told him, almost happily.

The king growled, "Could you please, just leave me be."

"But sire-"

"NOW."

Min-jung squeaked, then ran out of the throne room.

The king sighed heavily, "Hye-young, I wish you were here right now. Please, let God know I want to live longer just to see the day I see our first grandchild. Please, Hye-young..." the king coughed, then drank some water.

"Thank you."

"Sire? Their highnesses from Yong-Gamhan are here."

 


 

After minutes of travelling, Hwajae ran into a path in between a split rock, leading to a hidden lake.

Yoona got off the horse, "Stay here, Hwajae."

Yoona looked around while walking down carefully.

"Seo doesn't seem like she's here..." She turned her head again, only to be greeted by a huge black dragon.

Yoona screamed and fell on her back. She looked up to see the vicious face of the creature turned into a soft, adorable look, twitching his ear.

"Aya, Luca. Stop scaring me like that..." she said, getting up to pet Luca's nose. Luca purred.

"Now, where's Seohyun?"

Luca flinched up then pointed his nose to the cave behind him.

As Yoona came closer to the cave, the sound of weeping became louder.

Yep, that was Seohyun.

"Seo?" She called out.

"Why would he want me to do this? Does he not care about what I think anymore?" She whispered through her tears. Yoona knelt in front of Seo's back.

"It's not that, Seo. It's just... something came up. And besides, it's not like you have a suitor lined up, anyway." Yoona joked, her best friend's back.

"Yoong?" Yoona looked at Seohyun, "Yeah?"

"Could you go back and tell dad I just wanted to rest?"

Yoona gave her friend a soft smile before getting up, "Sure thing, Hyunnie."

She walked out of the cave and gave Luca an apple from Hwajae's back.

"Take care of her, alright?" She whispered to the dragon before mounting on her horse and rode back to the castle.

-

I ~

*CRIES IN A CORNER*