O1 - When Will My Life Begin

Of Magical Hair, Empty Promises and Deranged Mothers.

 

This is the story of how I died.

 

Don’t worry; this is actually a very fun story. The truth is, this isn’t even mine! This is a story of a boy named Haepunzel, and it starts with the sun. Now, once upon a time a single drop of sunlight fell from the heavens, and from this small drop of sun, grew a magic, golden flower. It had the ability to heal the sick and injured. Well, centuries passed and perhaps a boat ride away grew a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved King and Queen. And the Queen, well, she was about to have a baby. She got sick. Really, sick. She was running out of time, and that’s when people usually start to look for a miracle… or in this case, a magic, golden flower. You see, instead of sharing the sun’s gift, this woman -- Mother Hee -- hoarded its healing power and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years. And all she had to do was sing a special song.

 

Flower gleam and glow,
Let your power shine,
Make the clock reverse,
Bring back what once was mine,
What once was mine.

 

Alright you get the gist; she sings to it and she turns young. Creepy, right?

 

The magic of the golden flower healed the Queen. A healthy baby boy, a prince was born with beautiful, golden hair. I’ll give you a hint: he’s Haepunzel. To celebrate his birth, the King and Queen launched a flying lantern into the sky. And for that one moment, everything was perfect.

 

And that moment ended.

 

Hee broke into the castle, stole the child and just like that, gone. The kingdom searched and searched but they could not find the prince for deep within the forest, in a hidden tower, Hee raised the child as her own. Hee had found her new magic flower, but this time she was determined to keep it hidden.
 

“Why can’t I go outside?”

“The outside world is a dangerous place filled with horrible, selfish people. You must stay here, where you’re safe. Do you understand, flower?”

“Yes, mommy.”

 

But the walls of that tower could not hide everything. Each year, on his birthday, the King and Queen released thousands of lanterns into the sky, in hope that one day their lost prince would return.

 


 

 

A tiny chipmunk ran out of an open window of a tower hurriedly, nearly losing its grip on the wooden sill before sprinting into the potted plant organized neatly at the side. It panted heavily, eyes wide open as it nestled itself between the red tulips, tucking its tail neatly to keep it hidden from view.

 

“AHA!” a voiced stated out of a sudden, as both panes of the window were pulled inwardly by a boy with long, golden hair. “Hm… Well, I guess Henry isn’t hiding out here…” The boy crooned, as he backed away from the window.

 

The chipmunk named Henry sighed, popping it’s head out of the flowers and wiped it’s forehead in relief. He giggled at how easy it was to escape the blonde boy, and was about to step out of the pot before a strand of hair wrapped around his bushy tail and pulled him right out.

 

He squeaked in surprise as he got pulled upwards to the top of the window. “Gotcha!” the boy howled, as he jumped away from his hiding spot and successfully made the chipmunk screech in surprise.

 

“That’s 22 for me. How about 23 out of 45?” the blonde suggested, earning an annoyed glare from the rodent after he set Henry back down onto the sill.

 

The boy sat next to the chipmunk and sighed. “Okay, well, what do you wanna do?”

 

Henry smiled happily, before turning around and pointed to the outside of the tower with his tail.

 

“Yeah, I don’t think so.” The blonde said, dangling his legs over the edge and setting the animal onto his lap. “I like it in here, and so do you.” he reasoned, tapping the rodent's nose with his index finger.

 

Henry stuck his tongue towards the boy.

 

“Oh come on, Henry. It’s not so bad in here!” He stated with joy before hopping back into the tower, 21-meters of golden hair dragging behind him on the floor as he ran to get his broom to start the day’s chores.

 

Starting from 7 a.m., the boy swept and mopped the floors, polished and waxed, did the laundry, wiped everything until it shined in the sunlight, swept again and sighed heavily as he realized it took only 15 minutes to do all that. He ended up grabbing one, two, and three books to read, finished up some details for his art gallery, played his guitar, knitted and cooked. After lunch he played puzzles and darts with Henry, baked a dozen of cookies, made a papier-mâché of his own face (scaring the tiny chipmunk in the process), practiced his ballet, won against Henry in chess, designed a pot, used the rodent for ventriloquy, and made candles enough for a family of seven.

 

Then he stood up to stretch, continued sketching on the walls, tied the ends of his hair to the ceiling so he could take a climb, sew a dress, reread the books, tried searching for more room to paint on the walls of the tower, and brushed his hair from the root to the tip – all 21-meters of the golden mane.

 

After taking almost half-an-hour on his hair, he ended up gathering all of it into his arms before running around the expanse of the tower, throwing the hair around as if he was holding a basket full of flower petals. When he ran out of things to do, the blonde boy walked over to the open window, letting his upper body rest on the sill as he looked out towards the beautiful view. He sighed in content, realizing that those ‘lights’ are going to appear once again on his birthday tomorrow night.

 

“Now that I’m older... Would Mother let me go?” He asked Henry quietly, the chipmunk once again tucked in nicely between the tulips inside the pot arranged neatly on the windowsill. He blinked, and caressed the blonde’s fingers gently as an act of comfort.

 

The boy sighed once again as he picked up the tiny rodent, lightly patted it’s head as he brought him into the tower before he closed the window panes shut.

 


hi.

so yeah was watching the movie and literally just rewrote everything that was happening in the scene. i added my own stuff though that's smth.

i am not a good writer.

comments ಥ‿ಥ