Reminiscing Before Humanity Comes Crashing Down

The Fallen

 

The night sky was filled with ash colored clouds covering the shinning stars and the bright moon, thus making the night a little bit gloomier than normal. The ground was still wet from the rain that came earlier in the evening, though that didn’t bother anyone since they were either already in their homes spending time with their families or at work finishing up the final piles of paper work. It was pretty much an average, yet somewhat grim, night. There were no problems, no commotions, no ruckus, no fuss, no nothing. Just a peaceful night. Except, it was the night before everything came to an end.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

‘Why does it seem that everything around me is crashing and burning? Just because of you, everything feels like its all just one big mistake, one big lie. Nothing felt right anymore. I would go back in time to change things if I could or I would try to change myself for you  but I don’t know what to change. You just left me. Just like that. Breaking the promise we made years ago, why?’ I was watching the busy traffic from a flight of emergency stairs on one of the school’s building’s third floor as I sulked.

 

“Jiyoung!” a familiar female voice called out. “Yes, Chaerin? What are you doing out of class?” “ I gotta ask you the same thing. Class with Dara to painful?” she asked knowing the answer so I didn’t bother answering. I kept staring at the heavy traffic forming in the highway nearby. She sighed. “When are you gonna get over her? She looks really happy with Taecyon, so why can’t you be happy for her too and find yourself a more deserving girl to be happy with?” I ignored her question and kept staring at the traffic like earlier. “You’re hopeless Jiyoung” she said exasperated and walked off but before she was completely out of sight and hearing range she said “Oh and by the way, stop cutting classes. Your good looks won’t get you too far in the world in the future” then walked away completely. I smirked at her comment. Lee Chaerin, she’s my best friend. I’ve known her since we were born. Literally. Our families are really close friends so us being best friends were pretty much inevitable. She’s technically the only person I can really trust since she was the only one that really cared, the only one that really understood me. She’s like the little sister I never had (nor wanted).

 

I sighed.  I went back to staring at the traffic. Unlike the busy congestion of cars earlier, the hold up off vehicles was now a bit more… hostile? Smoke was almost covering most of the highway, some cars, trucks and vans were on fire and some were either crashed to the silver metal that lined the highway or already on their sides. People were running around everywhere and screaming. Though being the heartbroken idiot that I am I just pushed aside the cries of agony and the loud and continuous honks of different vehicles and thought of Dara’s promise.

 

~Flash Back~

 

“Hey Jiyoung!” Sandara noona called out. I quickly turned my head to see my noona racing towards me. We were in the park and I was sitting on one of the swings waiting for her before we started playing. “Hi noona!” I greeted with a smile on my face getting up from the swing to meet her. “Hi Jiyoung!” she greeted back “Did you wait long?” I shook my head no. She smiled. I can feel heat rising to my cheeks and I just know that the blush on my face was evident. “Jiyoung are you ok? Why are you so red?” she asked concerned. I quickly look down hoping the my short hair would hide my face. But I knew my efforts where in vain. “Why don’t you sit down” she gently guided me back to the steal swimming with blue plastic as the seat, where I was sitting before she came, and the heat on my cheeks were getting warmer. She looked at me with worry clear in her beautiful, honey brown eyes. She touched my face and everything else around us seemed to go white. Now all I can see is her.  “Omo, Jiyoung you’re face is warm but you looked fine when I first got here so it can’t be a fever.” She stated. I slightly moved away making her hand leave my face and turning everything back to normal. I inhaled and exhaled some air to calm myself down while noona just watched me patiently. Once I was done I smiled at her showing that I was now fine and she smiled back and nodded.  “Jiyoung” I looked at her “Yeah noona?” “Can you promise me something before we start playing?” “Yeah sure” “In the future, when we get older. We’re gonna get married.” I looked at her quite shocked “Promise me Jiyoung.” She said with a serious face. I slowly nodded and a cheeky little grin formed on her chubby cheeks “Pinky promise?” she said holding up her pinky “Pinky promise.” I did the same and intertwined my pinky with hers and we smiled.

 

A bitter smile took over my face as I reminisced on that moment exactly 10 years ago. I would always remember that smile she had on when out pinky were intertwined. The way her eyes shined with childish joy. I was happy too. Until she remorselessly broke that promise. Since then my life became a living hell. 

 

“Grraaughughs” ‘What the hell was that?’ I thought when I heard a weird grumbling noise. I didn’t bother looking for it. It was probably just …  meh.

“Graaughsgus” there it is again. I got kinda curious so I tried looking for where the noise would’ve come from. But still no sign. ‘It’s probably nothing..’

 

“Excuse me mister!” ‘That was Mr. Baek’ I turned to look at where the voice of my science teacher. He was moving quick towards the gate. His long, white lab gown still on and the bottom of it was being dragged across the rough pavement of the school’s ground. He was also still wearing his plastic protective goggles and was also holding a wooden meter stuck in his left hand. “I’m sorry sir, but you are currently on private property. If you don’t want to spend the night behind bars I would suggest you to leave” said Mr. Han slowly approaching the gate and then stood sternly next to Mr. Baek.   Mr. Han was my P.E. teacher, he was one of the toughest teachers in the campus. He was the type to make his students run 10 laps across the 2 huge football fields if they were 5 minutes late. A bit exag I know, but that’s Mr. Han for ya. 

 

“Graughsihusg” ‘Well that was a weird response…’ “Sir. Please leave.” Mr Baek said. He walked closer to the man by the gate. The weird man was starting get more and more ballistic as Mr. Baek got closer to him. He would start banging himself on the huge, steel gates and try to reach for Mr. Baek while growling and . Mr. Baek looked at Mr. Han warily.

 

Mr. Baek’s P.O.V

 

Mr. Han approached my direction and took hold of the man’s collar. “Listen here punk! If you don’t get out of here I- AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” the man bit into Mr. Han’s shoulder. I quickly went to Mr. Han’s side to assist him. “Mr. Han! Are you okay?” I was scared out of my mind. “AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH” Mr. Han was wailing around in pain. And then all of a sudden was quiet. Now, he was …asleep. A lot of blood was oozing out if his shoulder making a puddle of blood under and around Mr. Han’s unconscious body . I  was starting to panic. My heart was pounding against my chest, hard. Making it more difficult for me the breathe. My palms started to get sweaty and beads of perspiration was rolling down my forehead from his scalp. I  didn’t know what to do. Well how could I? It’s not everyday you experience a co-worker being bitten by a random stranger and that co-worker suddenly loses consciousness.

 Mr. Han on the other hand, looks like he was slowly losing consciousness. He was losing too much blood from the bite on his shoulder and the pain he was in was too much to bare. “I can’t believe my life is gonna end here.. All the hard work was for nothing” he whispered. His small, chinky eyes was slowly being covered by his eyelids and closing them. Mr. Han’s breathing stopped. The rising and falling of his chest halted. For a second, everything seemed to stop. I was rooted to my spot, frozen in shock and fear. ‘How could someone die of such a mere bite. And why would a stranger bite a teacher’s shoulder off?’ I thought. *twitch * My eyes quickly darted to his right arm. It just twitched. His eyes opened. Millimeter by millimeter  his closed eyelids gently raised to once again expose his orbs to the world. A smile was forming on my lips. I was ecstatic! “Mr. Han! Thank god you’re okay!” I cheered. I walked near him to help him stand up. I put my right arm under his left arm and held his waist and holding up his left side while his left arm was on my shoulder holding on for support. He looked really tired though. Beads of sweat was covering his face and I could feel it on his arm and body. I looked at his face and he was already looking at me. ‘Oh lord.. what happened to his eyes!’ they were white. His pupils have disappeared only leaving the dusty color of his eyeballs and the red veins that were surrounding the outer side of his orbs.  “Mr. Han?” “Graaghaghs” he replied. He was starting to look like the man who bit him not that I think about it.. Though before I could figure out anything more he quickly lunged towards me and tightly grabbed by head and my right shoulder spreading them as much as he could. “AAAAAAH!” I screamed in pain. The muscle on my neck and shoulders were being stretched to much I felt like they were gonna tear apart. And it did. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” but too add to the excruciating pain, Mr. Han, or what was off him, bit into the exposed red meat that was of my muscles. He carelessly devoured my shoulder leaving me in agony. I tried to pull myself away from him but his grip was inhuman. Thoughts of my loved one and memories we used to share flashed right before my eyes as it was the end of me. A bitter tear escaped my eye as everything turned pitch black.

 

☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙☙

☙☙☙

   Hi Guys! 

So that was the first chapter. I was writing thos for a couple days 'cause I really don't know what I'm doing :I and I think that's what's gonna happen a lot for the first couple chapter or till I get the hang of writing properly and you know..on time. So please bare with me. Please leave on the comment box what you think and don't forget to subscribe :)

 

PEACE! Oh..