001

Pathetic

"Number 584 was found in a cabin in the woods. He was holding onto a dead man that we discovered was a criminal... We're not sure what happened, but number 584 wouldn't let any of our men touch that criminal." The voice blurred around Kyungsoo's head as he stared up the bar window.

"That voice... That smile... That face of yours... Why is it fading away from me?" Kyungsoo held a hand up to the window and held onto one of the bars.

"Why?! Why?! Why!!" He pounded his fists until they bled, staining the white window red.

 

 

"Kyungsoo?Hello there, I'm Doctor Park." The Doctor came next to Kyungsoo in the white and brightly lit room.

Kyungsoo did not turn to greet the man at all, instead he stared straight towards the window.

 

"Okay, so tell me about yourself, Mr. Do Kyungsoo." Doctor Park stated as he sat down.

Silence dominated the room as the Doctor shuffled his feet towards Kyungsoo.

"First, tell me about your family."

"Family?... I only have one..." He answered not taking his eyes off the window.

"Who's that family member of yours?" The Doctor asked.

"His name... His name is Kim Jong In." Kyungsoo uttered silently.

"Oh, the criminal is your family, but you both don't have the same surname." The Doc. tilted his head to the side as he examined Kyungsoo's facial expressions.

"He's my only family member, and the only one I love..." A tear slid down Kyungsoo's pale skinned face.

"Do you two have a chemistry? How did you met? How was he to you?" The Doc. stammered with questions that he was curious about.

"Kim Jong In? He was everything..." The story unfolded through Kyungsoo's plump lips as he started from the beginning of everything.

 

- - -

The boy was taken back to the days as he saw glimpse of Jong In's smiles and laughters. 

"He wasn't bad like how everyone thought he was... He was someone that needed love like me." Kyungsoo admitted through gritted teeth.

"He was there for me, he showed me love. Jong In was whom I trusted... Someone that I loved." Kyungsoo stood up from his seat and walked towards the window.

"And sometimes, if I missed him too much, he would appear. He would smile at me and walk away... Leaving me alone." Kyungsoo held onto the bars of the window.

"He always told me to not be like him... Don't be someone who isn't yourelf. But the more he said that, the more I pitied him... He was actually talking about himself the whole time. I was too careless and I didn't know that he wanted to leave this ed up world so badly." Kyungsoo squeezed the bars and more tears sled down his face.

"You people made him suffer. You are the ones that killed him!!!" Kyungsoo feircely turned around and struck a punch in the Doctor's face.

"Security! Security!" The nurses outside yelled out.

 

 

 

- - -

"Number 584 is currently resting in his room." 

"PLease let me see him again." The doctor shoved pass the nurse.

 

"Hello there..." He sat down on the cold bench.

"You must miss him a lot." The doctor made an apologetic face.

"The other day he came to me... He told me that he was happier up there, that he never felt like home before." Kyungsoo stared deep into the Doctor's soul.

"He acted as if we've never had anything before... Like I didn't mean anything to him..." Kyungsoo lowered his face.

 

 

- - -

"Number 584 has just committed suicide!!" The nurses yelled into the phone.

Everyone rushed by and came to his room.

Number 584 was up by the window, holding onto one of the bars with his head bleeding against it.

 

"That boy's suffered a lot... He couldn't take it." The Doctor announced his findings with the boy.

- - -

 

"Let's meet in heaven." Jong In whispered the words into Kyungsoo's ears as he faded into the light.