Trustworthy

The Best Policy

I remember as a child that I would often get in trouble. I would always get scolded by my mother for an extrememly long time, but I found an easy way out. I started to lie to my mother and her lecturing time got shorter. I guess from that point on I got used to lying that I became so good at it. Everyone would believe me. Not a single lie I told got caught until I met a guy with a strange foreign name, Kris.

Kris was just as strange as his name. He would joke a lot and tell me how good he is at drawing but I secretly think his artistic skills lack a lot. To be nice I would tell him that he was really talented at drawing. Of course that was a lie.

"You're lying." Kris said with a frown.

"Lying?" I raised a brow pretending I didn't know what that meant.

"Yeah! How can I be talented at drawing? Unless you're blind."

That was the first time my lie got caught. 

Luckily Kris didn't find out about my other lies, such as that I've study abroad in Swiss, my dad is a CEO, my ex-girlfriend was a model, and that I'm hundred seventy nine centimeters. The truth is I've never study abroad, I don't even know who my dad is, my ex-girlfriend was ugly, and I wear insoles.

"Yixing, do you know that I find you very trustworthy?" Kris told me once.

"Really? I trust you too." That was another lie.

I have a problem. I can't stop lying. 

 


hahaha sorry it's short. I have to my essay.