Introduction- How it all happened

Complications between the mind and heart

A/N: WARNING(!): There are quite a number of crude words inside, please excuse them! >_< 

Present

Jeon Jiyoon, a now assistant manager of INFINITE company. Because of her ex-classmate Kim Sunggyu, she managed to get her post. But of course, now, to her, Kim Sunggyu was just her ex-boyfriend. 

Flashback 2 years ago...

The two of them attended the same course, the same course. Managing course. And when they finished their course, all of the students separated to do their own things. Like, going to University to study, or to do a business or look for a job. 

Jiyoon thought of going to University to study instead, but was approached by Kim Sunggyu the moment she nearly left her house to look for universities. 

"Sunggyu? What are you doing here?"

"Well... We need to talk."

And that started it all. Sunggyu managed to recruit Jiyoon into his new company.

But why Jiyoon out of all the students?

Sunggyu thought that she was good at this, and indeed she was. Not to mention, Sunggyu did carried a little torch for her. 

Sunggyu provided her with further studies with managing business so that she could also work and study. He tried his best to make it minimum for her, knowing that it can be quite stressful.

Soon enough, Sunggyu proposed to be her boyfriend. Jiyoon took weeks to consider, but ended up together because he was so persistent. 

-----

Past

INFINITE company became one of the best managing companies in Korea. Many people approach them for their effectiveness, ability and efficiency. 

It was all thanks to Sunggyu and Jiyoon's hard work of building up the company. 

When Sunggyu broke up with Jiyoon, leaving Jiyoon hurt and lonely, the company began to fall a little. 

Kim Sunggyu was the guy that made her feel so precious. Those feelings that made her heart thumped every time he was near.

Sunggyu found another girl named Soyu, making her the other assistant instead.

INFINITE company dropped quite a lot. Jiyoon had to manage a lot of cases, making her stress. Soyu couldn't do everything, and Sunggyu kept on passing the cases to her instead to manage. 

Jiyoon was stressed, she couldn't manage her life well. Her feelings, she felt so hurt and pain and there was no one to turn to. Everyone in the company didn't really like her because she used to be Sunggyu's girlfriend. 

They all thought she was the money-grabber. The world was just unfair. 

Well, with the exception of Yong Junhyung that appeared one day together with her at the staff lounge. 

Yong Junhyung had a lot of guts to approach her. With her moody and stressed feelings could cause rage. He did not cared about what others think, but believes in what he believe strongly.

He gave others a chance, and Jiyoon earned it too.

Flashback

"What's this? The princess looking so moody? I wonder what happened? I thought everyone would be fine for the princess." He mocked. 

He would always see her together with Sunggyu, hanging out wherever they went. But nowadays it is just none of these happening.

Jiyoon looked up and glared at him.

He observed. She held her cup so tightly that her knuckles went almost white.

"What? Did I hit a nerve?"

"Go away..." She whispered.

Junhyung thought that there was something really, really wrong now. Normally, she would be happy, in high spirits. It is really rare to see her in a bad mood.

"Why should I? This is the staff lounge, it is shared by everyone working here." Junhyung continued. 

She did not bother to reply, but continued to stare at her cup of coffee, simply annoyed by his existence.

He sat down beside her with his cup of coffee. Both ignored each other and continued doing their own stuff. Junhyung thought that she would open up to him and tell him what happened, but instead, she stood up and washed her cup and left for her own office.

"Yah, you just wasted a really nice cup of coffee..." He mumbled to himself.

----

On that day itself, Junhyung and Jiyoon met again at the bus stop after work. He was so surprised. Normally, Sunggyu would fetch her home.

Besides, it was nearly 12 midnight. Sunggyu should have already left his office so much earlier. Why did she have to overwork?

He approached her and sat on the bench together with her.

"What are you doing here so late? I thought Sunggyu would fetch you home every time." 

He heard her sigh.

"... I broke up with him 3 days ago."

"Oh really?"

She just nodded. "He left me for another girl." She turned to look at Junhyung. "That new girl, the new assistant manager, Soyu."

Junhyung raised his eyebrow. "Did you do something wrong?"

"What do you think? Do I look like I would do something wrong?! I was innocent all this while! HE was two-timing behind my back! For the past few weeks before our break up, he was so suspicious... Gosh... I'm so dumb..."

There was an awkward moment of silence. 

"Well, he's such a bastard. Just ignore him."

"How can I just ignore him? I am working in his company for nearly every day, and now he is pushing so many cases to me and I doubt that other assistant manager of his is doing anything! I could basically hear them flirting from my room! It is really horrible... I want to quit so badly but I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"I own 35% of the company..."

"Oh wow, so what were you and Sunggyu before?"

"Classmates... He approached me to help me in his company and promised to give me 35% of the company."

"You are certain that he gave you 35% of it? If not you can just quit."

"If I quit, the 35% will go to him, and most probably that too." 

"Looks like you are going to suffer for the rest of your life seeing him." 

"Shut up Junhyung."

Both Jiyoon and Junhyung stood up when a bus came. 

"Oh, you take the same bus as me?" Junhyung asked.

"Is that not obvious?"

End of flashback

Jiyoon and Junhyung are now best friends, in fact, the best of friends among the entire company.

Junhyung knew that Jiyoon still couldn't forget about Sunggyu, not when she sees him every weekday. 

Present- A year later

Sunggyu left Soyu. He found another girl named Hayoung when she was looking for a job here. 

Soyu then left after a week when Sunggyu left her. She couldn't take what she was seeing now, it will hurt her, and her pride.

Hayoung accepted the job, but after a week, she got a very surprise proposal. Sunggyu proposed to be her boyfriend.

She approached Jiyoon. It was not long after Sunggyu left Soyu, and then went for Hayoung. She thought that there was something amiss. She also heard rumours about Jiyoon and Sunggyu were together and went to find some information from Jiyoon.

"Unnie, I heard you were with Sunggyu before?"

"... Yes... That was nearly about 3 years ago... I heard about the news. You have to be careful of Sunggyu. He is a playboy."

"Were you the first one he dated? And just because he broke up with you, you are jealous right? So you had to spread rumours to say that he is a playboy?"

"He claims that I was the first one I dated, and for your information, you can clearly see it for yourself. He just broke up with Soyu a week ago and now he is going after you. Don't you find it weird? He is obviously a playboy." 

"Whatever."

She warned her, but Sunggyu could always lie with his charm.

Sunggyu originally wanted to fire Jiyoon, but he knew that if he does that, the company will fall without her... And not to mention, she owns 35% of the company. He can't just do that.

Soon enough, after 2 weeks of wooing, Hayoung agreed to be his girlfriend.

The minute Jiyoon heard that they got together, she could only sigh and shook her head. 

Junhyung observed her all this while, true enough, Jiyoon seemed like she has already forgotten about him. It has been years anyway. 

-----

There was one day where Sunggyu approached Jiyoon during lunch break. 

"Jiyoon."

Jiyoon got a shock when he entered her office without her knowing. Now that was just rude.

"What?" 

"I would really appreciate it if you would not spread rumours about me. It is really annoying."

"... Rumours? But Sunggyu-ah," She wanted to laugh so badly. "They are all facts! They aren't even rumours!" She couldn't believe it in her ears. He indeed was a bastard all these years.

He had hurted her enough. She was tired of getting fooled around and yet she had to deal with all the he gave. Looking at Sunggyu every day, every second, hearing them flirt in their own room, each other's faces nearly everytime she sees him with either Soyu or Hayoung.

She can't believe he changed so much. She felt sick in the stomach. What has changed him then? Soyu? She wasn't a prostitude, or even , in fact, she was a pretty capable woman in the eyes of Jiyoon. She could do so much better than being with Sunggyu.

She was just a lost puppy and had to depend on herself.

-----