Chapter

Suddenly (The Chaser)

 

SUZY'S POV

 

To: Suzy

 

Goodnight, sleep well. I love you.

 

Fr: Myungsoo

 

"Aigoo. He texted again. Crazy."

 

To: Myungsoo

 

Aish. Night.

 

Fr: Suzy

 

---------------------------------------

I walk along the corridor of our school. The bell rang. I run as fast as I could for me to get in my class on time. While running, someone bumped me. Gah. I looked up to see who that person is.

 

"Yah! Such a careless guy."

 

"Oh. I'm so sorry." He said while picking up my books. He carried it, held my hand on the other, and pulled me to run. I just let it that way and ran with him. We entered the classroom as the ceremony bell rang.

 

"Hoo! That was close." He said grinning towards me. I gave him an annoyed look.

 

"Yeah. Cause you're dead if we haven't made it. I guess I'll have to thank you a little." I turned back and walked directly to my seat.

 

Myungsoo and I always tease each other. He confessed to me last year but all I thought, he was just tripping me. Then lately, he asked if he could court me. I didn't respond.

 

----------------------------------------------

"Boo!" I almost fell off my seat when he surprised me.

 

"What do you think you're doing? I'm busy, babo." He whispered something to IU and walked away. I continued working on my last written report.

"Aigoo. Let me help you." IU said.

-------------------------------------------

 

We passed all our year-end requirements before we were dismissed.

"Thank God! We're done with everything. Graduation is coming near." IU said running towards me.

 

"Ahhh...Feels so good, right?"

 

"Yeah. But wait, I remembered, you'll have to treat me today."

 

"Oh right. At Friday's?"

 

"Yep. You go first. I'll just text you."

 

"But why?"

 

"I'll just have to pass this. Just go so that I could eat right away when I get there."

 

"Uhh. Okay?"

 

-------------------------------------------------

I ordered our meal as I arrived at Friday's. But I saw someone, it's Myungsoo with another girl. It's his ex, Na Eun. Huh. He's courting me but he's having some business with his ex? Okay, scratch that. I tried to divert my attention. I don't want him to notice me. IU came and headed towards my seat. She gave me a confused smile. I responded with a smile too.

"What took you so long?"

 

"Sorry. I waited for Ms. Chu."

 

"Oh right. Let's eat fast and go somewhere else." The presence of Myungsoo bothers me. I want to turn my head in his direction. But no, I won't.

 

"The nerve of that guy."

 

"Why? ---- Oh I get it."

 

"Tsk."

 

"Maybe they're just discussing some matters. Don't assume anything yet."

 

"I do not know. What I know is he's not really serious."

 

"Why do you think so?"

 

"I do not know. Come on."

 

We left Friday's immediately after eating. I told her everything about my feelings for Myungsoo. I told her that I'm still confused and not yet ready.

 

"Riiiing! Riiiiing!"

 

"Oh I'm sorry Suzy. I gotta go. Just a piece of advice, think deeply and maybe you'll come to realize what you really feel."

 

----------------------------

"Hey!" Myungsoo called me.

 

"Why?"

 

"Can we talk?"

 

"I'm sleepy. Let's just talk some other time." I pretended that I'm sleepy and laid my head on the table. He called my name again while poking me.

 

"Okay. So what do we need to talk about!?"

 

"About the last time I confessed."

 

"Hmm." I laid back my head on the table.

 

"Just so you know, I'm still waiting. I won't stop until you say so."

 

I faced him. I said that I was still thinking about it and was not sure about his sincerity.

I do not know if he's sincere. How can I respond?

He nodded and left.

 

After what I've said, he seemed to stop chasing me. I mean like clinging over me. Did he get over me that fast? I didn't tell him to stop. Or maybe he has gotten tired already. MAYBE MAYBE

 

I asked myself, why am I thinking of him?

 

It's been a week since the last time we talk to each other.  Before, he approaches me first. I guess this is my time. I hope he still cares. What if he doesn't?  I thought deeply about the things we've been doing together since we've known each other. I come to realize how I miss him. Maybe I like him. But I hope the feeling is still mutual.

 

I gathered all my courage to talk to him about this.

 

"Suzy! Faster! After the grad practice, he'll be going to Hunhan University for try-outs."

 

Yes, Hunhan University, a prestigious university. And he is qualified for varsity scholarship. I hope he'll get it.

 

I hurried to his locker room. "Myungsoo!" I called him catching my breath. "Uhm. I've thought about it."

 

"About?" He said looking at me seriously.

 

"Uh. Well. If you're still interested with me. I just want to say that I like you too." And I turned back, slowly walking away.

 

"Wait. You don't want to hear what I am about to say?"

 

"Uhm. I guess you and Na Eun are seeing each other again. Good for you." I turned back again.

 

He burst in laughter that made me turn to him.  I looked at him with an angry face.

 

"What is funny?"

 

"You?"

 

"Huh. Nevermind what I said about liking you."

 

"Stop it, will you? So childish. Now I know that you feel the same way. Ha ha ha"

 

"You keep on laughing huh?" I keep on hitting his arms too.

 

"It's just so cute seeing you look jealous."

 

"What."

 

*flashback*

Myungsoo's POV

 

 

"Boo!" I surprised Suzy.

"What do you think you're doing? I'm busy, babo." She said.

I whispered something to IU. I  told her to bring Suzy at Friday's later. I want to treat them. She agreed.

 

I entered Friday's and saw Na Eun there. She said she's about to leave. But I told her stay just for a while. She asked how is it going with Suzy and me. I said she's not yet saying anything. But I won't give up.

 

"Oh. Haha! Is she still so unsure of her feelings?"

 

"I guess?"

 

"I have an idea. What if we make her jealous? Or just make her see us together. I just wanna know how she'll react."

 

"Okay? But what if she doesn't care?"

 

"Oh come on. Let's just see."

 

Suzy finally arrived at Friday's. My original plan is to make her go first so that I can ask about her respond to my confession. But that plan was totally over. Now, I'm with Na Eun.

 

I can see that she's peeking at our direction. Uhm. I'm just wondering what she's thinking. We just stayed there until they're gone.

 

"Alright. What do you think? I hope she believes what she saw."

 

"I do not know if this is right. What if she's gonna hate me."

 

"Well. That means she's jealous. She likes you."

 

"Okay thanks."

 

"One thing. Try to keep some distance from her. Make him miss you."

 

"I guess this isn't right. But thanks for helping. I'll try."

 

I called IU after our make-Suzy-jealous-operation.

I said sorry for changing the plans. And told her what really happened earlier.

 

"Hah. I feel so relieved. Don't you guys know that I ship Suzy and you so much?"

 

"Ha ha. Well may I know what's her reaction?"

 

"No.. I won't spill it. Ask her. Bleh :P"

 

"Jinjja. Okay bye."

 

---

 

 

"Hey!" I called her.

 

"Why?"

 

"Can we talk?"

 

"I'm sleepy. Let's just talk some other time." I poked her.

 

"Okay. So what do we need to talk about!?"

 

"About the last time I confessed."

 

"Hmm." I laid back my head on the table.

 

"Just so you know, I'm still waiting. I won't stop until you say so."

 

After what I've heard about her doubts about me, I tried to do what Na Eun advised me.

I started keeping my distance from her. But I can't really help it. I just tried my best not to.

I really miss talking to her.

 

----------------------------------------------------

Suzy's POV

 

"I knew it. You cannot last another week not talking or being with me too." Myungsoo said.

 

"Ugh. I hate you." Still hitting his arms lightly. He hugged me saying, "I love you."

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Suddenly, I fell for him. I was too numb for not realizing that I have feelings for him. That's how abstract love can be. you won't realize ones value unless he/she is gone even just for a while.