Letter.

Letter and Confession

 

Junhyung stopped his tracks just right at their classroom’s entrance when he saw a person’s back, probably one of his classmates, on his chair, mumbling while rummaging through his bag.

 

“Hey. What are you doing?” Junhyung yelled, ignoring the stares he gained with what he did.

 

The person turned out to be Yoseob, the 3rd ranker in their class.

 

Yoseob jolted and quickly stiffed.

 

“Uh… I’m just… d-d-doing some… class… i-i-inspection…” Yoseob explained nervously.

 

“Really? You should’ve at least asked for my permission!” Junhyung said.

 

“I’m really s-s-sorry. Next time, I-I’ll ask f-f-for your permission.” Yoseob stammered and suddenly, Mr. Kim, their teacher, walked briskly inside the room.

 

The students, including Junhyung and Yoseob, went back to their seats.

 

“Okay, class, pass your homework.” Mr. Kim said.

 

Junhyung panicked when he can’t find his work. He started ruffling his hair, and then, he spotted an odd paper.

 

This isn’t my work! Junhyung thought.

 

He’s certain that it’s not his work. But his name is written on it.

 

“Mr. Yong, aren’t you gonna pass your work?” Mr. Kim asked, while eyeing the paper he’s holding.

 

“Oh? Ah… here…” Junhyung handed the paper unconsciously.

 

Mr. Kim silently checked the students’ work when he recognized that he can’t find Yoseob’s.

 

“Yang Yoseob. Where’s your work?” Mr. Kim interrogated Yoseob.

 

“Uh… Unfortunately, I… left it at… our house.” Yoseob mumbled.

 

“You’re the class’ 3rd placer. If you continue to forget your homework again, don’t wonder if your name isn’t listed on the class’ rankings this grading, okay?” Mr. Kim threatened.

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Class dismissed.” Mr. Kim announced.

 

All students stood up and started packing their things.

 

“Yang Yoseob and Yong Junhyung stay here.” Mr. Kim added.

 

Is this something related to my work? Argh... I should just explain everything. Junhyung thought.

When all of the students, except Junhyung and Yoseob, went out of the classroom, Mr. Kim said

 

“Yoseob, next time, set Junhyung as your role model in making your homework, okay?” Mr. Kim said.

 

Based on their expressions, you can already say that the both of them were startled.

 

“Look at his work,” referring to Junhyung’s work,

 

“Isn’t this well-made?” Mr. Kim continued.

 

“What?” Junhyung asked.

 

“Your work, it’s splendid.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“It’s kind of surprising for me too, seeing you, a student who doesn’t even care about his studies, gave me a work like this. You might just get it from someone or what, but I praise you for this work.” Mr. Kim smiled, looking all pleased.

 

“As for you,” referring to Yoseob,

 

“Write a report about this topic, ‘Reasons Why Students Forget Their Homework’. Must be 10 pages, on paper, back to back, understood?”

 

Yoseob just nodded.

 

“Then, you two can go now.” Mr. Kim said.

 

 

Yoseob is now locked inside his room, doing the assigned task to him.

 

Why do I need to do this? Junhyung’s work was my work. I just saw his wrong homework, so I helped him by getting his’ and replacing it with my work… but… it’s also my fault… why did I even help him? Yoseob thought.

 

There’s a voice in his head whispering

 

Why? Because you love him.

 

“Huh? I already know that, brain-ssi.” Yoseob whispered to himself.

 

A few hours passed…

 

Yoseob looked at his wall clock and realize that it’s already 2:54AM.

 

He needs to prepare for school around 5AM, so he still has 2 hours and 6 minutes remaining to sleep.

 

But instead of resting his brain and body, he pulled out a clean paper out of his bag and whispered to himself

 

“How about writing a letter for my beloved Junnie?” and he giggled.

 

 

“Seobbie? Wake up!!” Yoseob’s mother knocked loudly and opened his room’s door without his permission.

 

Seeing him still sleeping, hi mother pulled his arm, causing him to fall down his bed.

 

“Mom, it’s too early…” Yoseob mumbled.

 

“It’s too early?? You only have 8 minutes to prepare for school!!” His mom yelled.

 

Hearing the sentence ‘You only have 8 minutes to prepare for school’, Yoseob stormed out of his room.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late!” Yoseob said when he opened the door.

 

“It looks like you’ve worked hard for your report Yang Yoseob. Can you show it to me now?” Mr. Kim asked.

 

Yoseob searched for his 10 paged reports and handed it to Mr. Kim.

 

“Hmm… Good, now, why don’t you show it to your class, and might as well explain it to them?” Mr. Kim said.

 

Yoseob just nodded.

 

 

Yoseob cleared his throat and faced the class.

 

“So…” he paused and let out a long yawn.

 

“There are many reasons why students… forget… or sometimes don’t… do their homework…” Yoseob continued with a tired voice.

 

“You should’ve brought props for your report, Yang Yoseob.” Mr. Kim interrupted.

 

“Oh, I’ve brought some, their inside my bag… I’ll get it…” Yoseob said, but when he stepped towards his chair, Mr. Kim said

 

“No, just stay there, Chunghee, got get it inside his bag.”

 

“Ne.”

 

When Chunghee started searching for the so-called props inside Yoseob’s bag, e noticed a pink colored envelope.

 

“Huh? What is this? A love letter from a girl?” Chunghee asked, but get no response from the tired and sleepy Yoseob.

 

Junhyung looked at the direction of Yoseob, then to the envelope.

 

“Oh. A… letter from… my heart… to Junhyung??!” Chunghee exclaimed.

 

The whole class ooh-ed.

 

Junhyung don’t know if he’ll blush or be irritated. He glanced at Yoseob who’s literally sleeping while standing. Doing the 10 paged report was sure tiring as hell. Then, he saw Chunghee with the other students including Mr. Kim, ripping the envelope to open it.

 

“Junhyung, when I first laid my eyes on you, I don’t know what struck me but since that day, I started loving you…” Chunghee recited some lines from Yoseob’s letter.

 

Just then, Yoseob finally released himself from his sleep and realized the commotion happening at his chair.

 

His eyes bawled and run as quickly as he can and snatched the paper from Chunghee’s hand.

 

Yoseob blushed and was now fully awake. He took silent and big steps out of the room.

 

Junhyung can hear mumblings and snickers inside the room. Mr. Kim, followed Yoseob because his report is still not finished.


-----------------

*sorry for posting it late ^^ comment and subscribe if you like my fic!! :3