The Funeral

My Step-Father

You were standing next to your mother’s coffin as everyone felt sorry for you, for losing your dearest mother - that had raised you by her own. She was the best mother you've ever known, and the fact that you would never be able to hear her voice again, her sweet laugh that always brightened your life made your heart ached.

But the strange was you couldn’t even drop a single tear from your eyes. You just kept silent as you fixed your eyes at your mother’s coffin.

“How tragic Hyun Joo's life is.” 


“Yeah, but that guy is so freaking lucky he inherited a LOT of money from her mother's insurances and her enormous business.” You could hear people were talking about you and your family, and made you even more depressed. You looked at your step-father who was standing beside you. *He doesn’t look sad* you thought, as he looked back at you and gave you a big smile. But his smile didn’t make you happy at all, instead it made you frown because of his silly act.

*Is it true that he's only after my mother’s wealth, ughh ... how can he look so happy on his wife's funeral*

“Hyun Joonie ~” Your step-father called you in a cute tone, and you ignored him. But he came closer to you and held your cheeks with his hands. You tried to shrug off but unfortunately he's way too strong. 

“Hey Hyun Joonie ~ why are you ignoring your beloved papa ~ ?” You still didn't bother at all and he pouted, yet he still tried to talk to you.

“Hyun Joonie... You are so mean to your papa , hey hey Hyun Joonie let’s go grab something to eat after this~” You were shocked with his words

*How can he act as if nothing happened here and persuaded me to eat when I obviously lost my appetite, what kind of husband are you* You wanted to say it right on his face but you prefer not to because you didn’t want to ruin your mother's funeral. 

 


 




The sun has risen as the sunlight hit your face from the sidelines of your window.

You tried to wake up and sighed a bit. 
 

PRANGGGGG. You heard a loud noise from the kitchen and thanks to it you're now fully awake.

*What the heck is that, is there a burglar ?! Shoot ! I must look for a weapon* You walked out of your room as quiet as possible to the kitchen after you took a baseball bat, one of your mother's legacy. As you reached for the front door of your kitchen, your heart pounded so fast.

 

*Don’t be scared Hyun Joo, you can do it. Let’s count to 3 , One ... Two ... Three !!!*

You broke through the kitchen as you hit the burglar right on the head, and he passed out. Unfortunately, he wasn’t a burglar but your step-father that were cooking on kitchen.