1

Catch me... If you can

I picture them being about 16-17 here. Enjoy!


I fumed at the smirk and he turned away, his pace picking up just a tad step by step until he was running, his jacket tails flying high above his waist behind him. Growling I forced my own legs faster until the wind was whipping through my hair, pulling it back off my forehead. The sun was hot above my head, beating down on my back until I broke into a sweat, my muscles screaming in protest. I looked up from the pavement to notice that Seunghyun had disappeared. I slowed to a stop and struggled to catch my breath, looking for the tall man all the while. I swore under my breath, swiping sweaty locks from my face and straightened up.

 

-beep—beep-

I frowned and pulled out my phone to check the message.

Where’d you go Ji, can’t keep up? :D

-S

I sighed and closed off the screen, slipping the phone back into my pocket. I rolled my shoulders back and stared up at the sky for a moment, trying to decipher his actions, what on earth was he on about? Seunghyun was always running away, he would get annoyed with his parents, pack his bag and run away, usually only to my house just down the road to camp out in the backyard. This was common for him, but not in the way he was doing it now, this was new and a little scary. Did he mean for me to run away with him this time? I looked up in time to see his face peek around a hedge by the corner of the street. He poked his tongue at me and I broke into a sprint, chasing after him and calling his name. He didn’t even look back until he had reached the next corner at which he turned his head momentarily to check that I was still following behind.

I rolled my eyes and kept running, occasionally getting glimpses of Seunghyun as he rounded corners, hints of a smirk playing across his face. As he ran down an alley I skidded to a stop and twisted, running to cut him off at the end of the alley. I pulled up at the other end just as Seunghyun came bursting out, his body slamming heavily into mine knocking me to the ground. I gasped for breath, my hands grasping his arms, trying to get him off my chest as it heaved, attempting to pull oxygen into my lungs. He slid off my slowly until he lay on the pavement beside me, his arm still draped over my chest as it rose and fell quickly. His head slowly descended until it rested against my shoulder, his breath ghosting across my neck. I shivered and closed my eyes, my hand coming up to grasp at his arm. My name came as a whisper from his mouth and I cracked open one of my eyes to see him staring straight at me, his eyes boring holes into mine. Startled I sat, his head hitting the ground. I winced and reached down, lifting his face to see tears in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Seunghyun” I whispered, rubbing the side of his head gently. He just looked away and nodded, pulling himself from the concrete and dusting himself off.

“It doesn’t matter Ji. I didn’t expect anything else.” I frowned and looked at him.

“Wait, what? You expected me to hurt you?” I cried, throwing my arms wide. I had never in my life intentionally hurt the boy beside me. I reached out to touch his shoulder but he jerked away. I frowned again, quite unsure of what was going on.

“Ji, I know we’re only young, and I know you’re younger than me, but I thought we had something special.” A tear slipped from the corner of his eye and he wiped it away furiously. “But I love you Ji. I love you so much.” My knees shook and then buckled and I collapsed on the ground, the frown disappearing to leave my face completely blank as I stared ahead. “Ji… Ji?” Seunghyun lifted my chin with a finger and I looked into his eyes, tears staining my face. We stared for a few moments, his eyes shining with unshed tears before his face descended on mine, our lips pressing together hesitantly. His lips were soft, and gentle and just that little bit moist. My eyes closed, but before I knew it his lips had left mine and I opened my eyes again to see him smiling, his lips stretched wide, his teeth showing. My shoulders relaxed and I stared, puckering my lips hopefully. He tilted his head, his smirk widening before he leaned down, pressing his lips harder to mine. My arms wrapped around his neck and he dropped to his knees, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me closer, my knees scuffing on the concrete. “Mmf Hyunniie.” I moaned, breaking away from the kiss. “I love you too.” I muttered, blushing. Seunghyun kissed my forehead and pulled me close against his chest, his fingers through my short hair lovingly. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever until the sun began to set, bathing the two of us in an orangey glow.

 


Wow. That was really short, and kinda cheesy. Sorry guys :/ I might try and write it again if it comes to me... We'll see.