To Mend The Broken Hearted

Even The Strongest Breaks Down At Times

News of the lawsuit spread across the nation, pushing Korean top KPOP idol group, TVXQ to the verge of disbandment. The leader of the group, Yunho hadn't been given the chance to understand this. By the time he did, it was already over. The group of his dreams, the group that he had placed all his love, care and warmth was gone. The only place where he could always go back for comfort, the place where he felt most comfortable in was taken away, so abruptly and harshly that he totally didn't saw it coming.

It's been two years but the immense pain in his heart had never eased one little bit. There was nothing that he could do in order to protect the group that had once been his pride and love. He was left stranded and all alone to tend to his wounds. It didn't took him long before he succumbed into depression.

Months after months passed by as quickly as they came. He would often lock himself up in his room, drinking countless bottles of alcohol until he passed out. When he woke up, he would sit at the end of the room by himself, wrapping his legs all the way towards his body, just sitting there staring blankly at the wall. On other days, he would walk on the streets mindlessly without any sense of direction or thoughts.

Reading the news about him made my heart ached so much for him. The leader whom I cared about was depressed. He had lost his sense of directions and he felt totally hopeless. As his fan, there was nothing I could do. Nothing at all to make him feel better. There wasn't any way for me to reach out to him, to tell him it was going to be alright. I thought all hope was lost until that very fateful night...

 

 

I stumbled into a roadside stall eager to please my growling stomach when I first saw him. I squinted slightly to get a better view, trying to recognize the man who seemed so familiar to me. As I walked closer towards his table, I could only gasp in surprise. That man whom had seemed so familiar was in fact Yunho. He was drinking all by himself, silently and quietly, glasses and glasses without even pausing for a moment. There were quite a number of empty bottles scattered around the table indicating me that he had been drinking a lot. I moved slightly closer to him before taking a seat opposite him as gently and as quietly as I could. He didn't seem to notice me as he continued drinking slowly. His fingers traced the edge of the glass before taking the glass up and pouring the liquid straight into his throat.

I sighed as I held his hands gently, stopping his arm midway as he turned his head towards me. He looked at me for quite sometime before pushing me away from him. I took the glass away from him harshly now, throwing it towards the floor where it shattered into a million tiny pieces.

 

" What the hell is wrong with you? "

" You have to stop drinking. Please? "

" Stop? Why? "

" Because it's bad for your health. "

" Go away. "

" I won't go away. Not when you're hurting like this. "

" Nothing is going to change. I'm done. "

" No, you're not. Look on the positive side. "

" You don't know me. "

" Jung Yunho. TVXQ's leader. Someone I've always respected, cherished and truly loved. "

" You just know me. I lost everything. "

" No, you did not. I was your fan and I still am.. until the end of our lives. I promise. "

 

I swore I saw a flicker in his eyes. He stared straight into my eyes forcing me to look away, embarrassed. It didn't took long before he looked away again, staring at a distance. He looked so fragile and vulnerable. Only God knows how much hardships he had gone through by himself. That big strong metal shield he cast over himself, making him look so strong on the outside but yet so vulnerably small on the inside. That man who shows the world only his strong outer self and often hiding the soft and gentle inner self.

 

" Let's go home. "

" Home? I don't have any. "

" I'm sure you do. Well, the worst would be spending a night at my place. "

" ........ "

" I'll get you a spare room at my place if you wish to spend the night. "

" ........ "

" I'll bring you home. Come with me. "

 

I held out my hands, waiting patiently for him to place his in mine. Once he did, I pulled him gently as I led him back towards my house. Upon reaching the main gate, I squeezed his hands gently as I gave him a warm smile. We walked into my house as I led him straight into the guest room.

 

" Wait here. I'll get you pillows, blankets and the mattresses. "

" D-Don't go. "

" I'll be back. I promise. "

 

Rushing around the house, I got a set of pillows, blankets, mattresses and clean clothes for him. I went back into the guest room, only to find him curled up at one end of the room, fast asleep. I gently placed the pillows beneath his head and covered him with the blanket. Watching him sleep made me smile. The look on his face was so peaceful but soon it turned into a troubled look. He tossed and turned and I had to shake him in order to wake him up. He cried that night. He cried so much that I was shock at the intensity of his tears.

This vulnerable side of him ached my heart so much that I had to bite my lips in order to control my emotions. The once strong and tough man I knew broke down. Just how much hurt and hardships had he endured for him to break down so badly like this? But I was glad he did. Crying might be a shameful thing but it makes people feel better.

 

" I'm here for you. Don't worry and just cry it all out. "

 

Hugging his huge frame, I placed my hands gently behind his back and I rubbed him gently easing his tears. Soon after, he stopped and went back to sleep. Only then had it occurred to me that even the strongest of man breaks down at times. Sweeping his bangs of his forehead, I gently place a kiss on his forehead as I lay down beside him, slowly dozing into dreamland.

 

 

 


 

Author's Note

Well, this story is a part of my dream. Yunho did come and cried and sleep and I cried along with him. Watching him get hurt made my heart ached so bad that I had actually cried until I woke up from my dream. But nevertheless, I'm glad Yunho still visits me in my dreams. ;)