01: Cottony like Clouds

lovely day (sestal's one-shot collection)

"Mommy! Can I buy an ice cream?" the little girl asked, in excitation. Still wavering, her mom handed her some coins. Happy for buying an ice cream alone like a big girl, she went away, all jumpy.

"Be careful, Soojung!" she heard her mom advising. Turning back her head, she upped her thumbs, with a charming smile.

After a short journey, Soojung arrived to the ice cream bank. Singing about how delicious her ice cream would be, she didn't notice a shadow, taller than her, approaching the bank. She grabbed her ice cream, cautiously, it, quickly, and beaming. Her monumental obsession for ice creams wouldn't pass, nor in her death. Upper, in heaven, she would still love them. Or at least, she thought so.

Soojung headed to a park bench, with its green dye already shabby. Seating on it, with difficulty, Soojung had time to appreciate her delicious ice cream, the first thing she bought by her own. Because of her distraction, Soojung still didn't realize that a kiddy shadow was getting closer. Then, she felt a soft touch on her hair.

"AAAAAH!"

Soojung turned, bluffly, her body, as she let the ice cream fall on a certain kid's head. The feeling of disappointment didn't even last a second, because she bursted into laughs when she saw the blue and yellowish ice cream all poured on the kid. Soojung was starting to tear because of her laughs. Rubbing her eyes with a wide grin still stuck onto her lips, Soojung pulled off her handkerchief from her pocket and starting wiping the little boy's forehead.

"Sorry, my mistake" Soojung said, with her voice constantly breaking because of her laughs. "Still, it's not polite to touch people's hair like that" Soojung lectured, more on a teasing tone of voice. The boy giggled, wiping the ice cream from his forehead with his hand.

"Your hair is cottony like clouds" the little boy mumbled, between giggles.

Soojung didn't understand the praise. Or if it was a praise itself. There was one thing that she was certain of. That little boy was really weird. Usually, when kid boys get ice cream on their foreheads, they only have two options of behave. First option, get furious and curse. Second option, accept the excuses and walk away. But never say exquisite things, neither praise. Hands on her hips, Soojung gazed the boy.

"Listen, whatever you're planning to do, just drop it" Soojung sentenced, making the little boy laugh, endlessly.

Soojung didn't understand whatever the little boy was talking about. Was she too rash? Why was he laughing? To the point to scare Soojung because it looked like he would die. The boy wiped his tears of laughter and smiled, brightly.

"My name is Oh Sehun"

That boy was definitely weird. His lines were never connected to whatever she said. He always said something that has nothing to do. He stretched his hand to her. Soojung shrugged. She had nothing to lose.

"I'm Jung Soojung"

 

11 years later

"I did it!" Soojung hopped by the hall, with people looking at her like she was an alien. However, she didn't worry an inch.

Her party didn't last long, because a taller shadow approached her. Yet, her distractions covered her eyes and ears. Definitely, it was a male shadow, the shadow of a childish adult man. Soojung snapped out to reality when she felt a soft touch on her hair. She, abruptly, turned herself, being face-to-face with a taller, male figure.

"OH SEHUN!" a loud scream ecooed the hall.

The people (who already thought Soojung was weird enough) started deviating, quickly, from her. Only Sehun lasted. He didn't worry about those stuff. His finger was searching for his name, apparently, with high hopes. Soojung, mentally, scoffed. How could a goofball stalker like him get in the university where she got in? I didn't make sense. Those were Soojung's thoughts. Her confident smile vanished, when she saw a bright beam on Sehun's face.

"Y-you got in?" Soojung, surprisingly, checked the list. There was no possibility. It was pratically impossible- But there he was.

"See, right beside you!" Sehun pointed to his name in the list, which was right beside Soojung's, while smiling in victory.

Soojung crossed her arms, repeating that it was impossible. About how many years did she try to get rid of that kiddy, always pulling her into unwished situations? About 11 years, enduring with him. If this continues, I will explode, I swear, she thought. Sehun took his attention from the placard and glanced her, a smirk spreading by his lips.

"Yet... It is a bad thing, right? I'm here to annoy you, right?" Sehun .

Soojung's expression puzzled. Was he a mind-reader? Maybe she was too predictable. Seeing her confused expression, Sehun's chuckles came out. He pushed her by the arm, so he could be near her ear.

"By the way, your hair is still cottony like clouds" Sehun whispered and dashed off.

Soojung folded her arms and shook her head. That guy would never change. Even in his death hour, he would still smile and say cheeky stuff. A slight smile formed on Soojung's face. Still, that kid was interesting. Or, maybe, she was crazying herself.