Wasn't All That Bad

Wasn't All That Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today just wasn’t Donghae’s day.

He wasn’t happy when the power in his apartment turned off, because that meant no internet. No internet calls for a very, very unhappy Donghae. So Donghae decided to go for a haircut.

He wasn’t happy when the hairdresser dyed his hair a sickly platinum blond. He asked for a golden, sandy blond specifically. The man who had cut his hair, Donghae thought, was a bit too annoying and obnoxious.

He wasn’t happy when he tried to buy his daily Filet O’ Fish from McDonalds with large chips and a large Coca Cola with no ice. Sure, it wasn’t the healthiest thing, but Donghae liked it. They chose today, of all days, to screw up Donghae’s order with the weight-conscious girl in the line next to him, so he ended up getting a small salad (without the dressing, goddammit, what’s the point) and a large bottle of orange juice. It wasn’t even the yummy orange juice Donghae actually liked; it had pulp in it and didn’t taste nice at all. It was too healthy. Donghae didn’t really like healthy food.

He wasn’t happy when the very health-conscious girl scrunched up her nose in the direction of Donghae’s meal in her own hands and told him it wasn’t healthy at all, and that she was doing a good deed by letting him have the salad.

He wasn’t happy when he found out he didn’t have enough money for another burger, so he just brought the salad and tugged a bit on his platinum blond hair (that was much too short for Donghae’s liking as well, ugh), and he went on the bus, giving the last of his change to the grouchy looking bus driver.

He wasn’t happy at all when they stopped at the place just before his stop, and it had just started to rain.

He wasn’t happy that it actually started raining even more, and Donghae was especially unhappy when he realized he actually had to walk for about twenty minutes to his home from the bus stop he got off at.

He wasn’t happy when he realised it was almost midnight, and that pretty much everyone got off at the previous stop, so he would be walking alone- in the rain.

He wasn’t happy when the bus driver shooed him from the bus, which had him to flee in the darkness through the rain to the nearest shelter. He even sheltered his salad, his salad which he didn’t even like that much.

He wasn’t happy when he realised the rain wasn’t going to stop any time soon, so he huffed, and his bangs flew up a bit.

He wasn’t happy- not in the slightest.

Tugging at his horrible new hair, he took out his old Nokia and dialed Sungmin’s number and pressed the call button, and expected a calm hello, but when there was a small click, he heard roaring music and screaming, and he knew Sungmin was at yet another party.

“Hae?” Sungmin’s loud voice called out over the voices and loud music. “What’s up?”

This made Donghae feel very, very bad, because he knew he didn’t want to interrupt his hyung when he was partying, but he just had to.

“Uh, Sungmin hyung, could you do me a favour and grab an umbrella and pick me up? I’m under the convenient store entrance near the apartment.” Donghae looked behind just to check that he was right, and the dull luminescent flashing of the light practically gave him two thumbs up.

Sungmin seemed to stall at this, but he said “sure, I’ll do something,” and sooner or later, he hung up.

Donghae shoved his old, crap phone back in his pocket and sighed. This was also the day his wardrobe decided to only have ugly clothes.

He pulled down the bottom of his plain blue shirt and sighed, looking down at his feet as if it were the most interesting thing.

It was, actually, after a car decided to violently drive past and spray Donghae wet from head to toe.

Donghae was still looking down at his feet when he felt a small breeze, and he put down his salad on the floor for a while and hugged himself a bit, trying to keep himself warm, and let out a very loud scream he thought no one would hear.

Silent (but not-so-silent) tears flowed down from Donghae’s glimmering eyes, and he wondered what he actually did wrong to deserve this.

He had better get some really amazing sleep, or the best day of his life tomorrow.

He was crying into the silence for goodness-knows how long, but sooner or later, he heard footsteps running through the puddles, and then came a very attractive looking male with short black hair styled upwards, and he wore a plain sleeveless white shirt that looked slightly ripped, with a black pocket on the left side. He wore stonewashed jeans, and he was panting, and sweat rolled down the sides of his face as he leaned down right in front of Donghae and started panting.

“Oh goodness,” He said, and Donghae swore he could have buried himself right then and there in front of the stranger (who had the most beautiful brown eyes, and he was pale, and oh goodness Donghae thought he was perfect), because he was just so embarrassed that he looked utterly horrible. “Are you alright? I’m Sungmin’s roommate, and he told me I had to rush here, and,” Mr. Attractive took a few more deep pants before leaning back, and shuffling a bit in the umbrella to allow Donghae in. “My name is Hyukjae, and I’m terribly sorry we had to meet under such… horrible circumstances.”

Donghae willing took a small step i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter