One.

Twenty-four is as sweet

 

One.

 

 

Coming from a tiring practise Yongguk yawned and stretched his hands over his head. His body easily stretching like an elastic band but was interrupted by a finger stabbed at his ribs. Pain shoots through his body and he quickly draws in his hands, one palm curling around the place he was stabbed at. Fully prepared to yell at the one hitting him he stopped once he looked up, seeing the second youngest smiling at him.

 

“Happy birthday hyung!” he cheered, arms lifting up to pull Yongguk into a warm hug.

 

It took Yongguk a moment too long to realize what the hell was happening and the younger was almost sulking by the time he did.

 

“I’m right. It is your birthday hyung, right?” he asked fully moving away, brows furrowing in confusion.

 

Yongguk cleared his throat and nodded.

 

“Yeah, it is. I almost forgot about it,” he said and scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

 

Jongup smiled again then, his eyes disappearing.

 

“Good, because we prepared a party for you,” he half shouted in excitement and took Yongguk’s hand in his dragging him down the street to their dorm building.

 

“Manager hyung said we can have a celebration tonight. I believe Daehyun hyung made Jungseob hyung buy us alcohol. He was really excited about it,” Jongup continued, his grip still as tight and his legs moving faster than Yongguk’s making him pull the elder behind. 

 

They reached the dorm doors about ten minutes later, Yongguk’s wrist red and threatening to bruise and Jongup’s face still as smiley as before. He stood in front of the doors, turning the knob slowly and poking his head inside.

 

“Is everything ready?” he asked but no answer came. It must have been a nod because he then opened the doors fully and pushed Yongguk inside.

 

Yongguk stumbled inside trying now to fall because there was no light in the room and Jongup closed the doors behind him. He tried to find the switch by stretching his hand forward towards where he thought was the wall, but no such luck. He was at least few feet away from any wall and he remembered there was a coffee table in the middle of the room and if he makes a wrong move he’s going to fall over it.

 

“Guys are you there?” he asked, sounding almost scared.

 

Few giggles then were heard and the room was lit in light from the candles on, what Yongguk supposed was a cake.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they all cheered and the cake was pushed right beneath Yongguk’s face almost burning it.  

 

The lights were then flickered back on and Yongguk could easily see all of his band mates, some of the TS staff he was close with and a handful of backup dancers accompanied with his ‘underground’ friends.

 

His mouth opened to speak to say thank you. But nothing found its way out and suddenly there were tears falling from his eyes onto his cheeks finally stopping at the corner of his lips where his brother’s hand was quick to wipe them off.

 

“Happy birthday, baby brother,” Yongnam said and pulled Yongguk into a tight, warm hug. 

 

“Happy birthday to you too,” Yongguk whispered against his brother’s shoulder.

 

They let their arms linger on each other’s bodies for a moment too long and were broken apart by an obnoxious cough in the back of the group.  Yongguk lifted his head up to see his hyung, Maslo, standing awkwardly next to Junhong, who all but pushed him up front to Yongguk’s sight.

 

Yongguk smiled at Maslo. When his hands fell from his brother’s waist he proceeded to stretch them towards the dark-haired male who was now obviously being pushed by Junhong in Yongguk’s arms.

 

“The kid found me,” Maslo said and pointed at Junhong who only smiled proudly and nodded, “he said you’d like if I came.  Do you?” he smiled a bit and pulled Yongguk closer against his body, breathing in the sweet scent of the younger.

 

Yongguk half-smiled against Maslo’s shoulder, hitting him lightly at the back of his head. His hand then fell at the nape of Maslo’s neck and held Maslo’s head in place as he moved away and looked him straight in the eyes.

 

“How could I even spend my birthday without you?” he asked and pressed his lips lightly against the elder’s.

 

The kiss lasted for a mere second, but for it none of the people in the room moved, didn’t even breathe. It was weird, at least for some of them, to watch Yongguk actually kiss someone. He was usually so reserved for himself and even Himchan, who knew him for the longest from the B.A.P boys, haven't ever seen Yongguk kiss someone. But there he was lips pressed against Maslo's in a chaste kiss.

 

There was something about the two boys that to people in the room felt right but no one knew what. It could have been the smile they exchanged after they parted, or the second kiss Maslo initiated. The deeper one, one that made most of the guys in the room look away and cough awkwardly trying to pull the two, apparent lovers, away.

 

It failed. The two only smiled against each other's lips but didn’t break the kiss.

 

"You have no idea how uncomfortable this makes me," Yohan finally said from the back.

 

Yongguk, surprisingly, parts his lips form Maslo's at the sound of Yohan's voice and lifts his head in the direction of the other male, whose hair is back in that flaming red colour and Yongguk decides he missed (?) it.

 

They hug, exchange a couple of, almost forgotten, inside jokes before they all gather around the table filled with food and Daehyun, of all people, starts to sing the 'Happy birthday' song in his broken English.

 

The night passed slowly form then on. Yongguk got kisses form people while they wished him a delightful birthday, he got some presents (liking the most the one he got from Junhong, a life sized boyfriend) and drank a lot of alcohol.

 

Alcohol wasn't really a good thing because they soon had to deal with drunk Youngjae and Jongup, who surprisingly took alcohol quite badly. Junhong, on the other hand was quite a rational drinker. If Yongguk saw it right he drank the same beer through the whole night. The reason behind it might have been the fact that he had Chaejin by his side, who was visibly tipsy, and Yohan who was explaining to him some of his rap theories no one usually understood. But hey, he was probably dead drunk; close to passing out and Yongguk just hoped he would have to deal with his drunk self because that was a pain in the .

 

"Yongguk-ah," Maslo said against Yongguk's neck, pulling them closer and initiating a slow dance. "I really missed you."

 

Yongguk just laughed and pressed his lips at the top of Maslo's head whispering, "I missed you too," against it.

 

Maslo sighed then and started to run his hands down Yongguk's back, stoking the younger's back softly.

 

"I never asked; how does it feel to be the eldest?"

 

Yongguk chuckles. "It's weird, I guess." He kisses Maslo's forehead again. "But I got used to it now. I might even like it."

 

There is a crack heard in the back and both of them look over at Daehyun and Jungseob trying to get Youngjae and Jongup out of the kitchen before all of their glasses were shattered and either of them gets hurt.

 

"You should sort that out," Maslo says against Yongguk's neck pushing the younger away.

 

Yongguk pouts and pulls the elder back against his body, diving in for the kiss.

 

"Why? They've got it under control."

 

"Because you're their hyung, and it's your job to not let any of them get hurt," Maslo persisted.

 

Yongguk opened his mouth to protest, his brows already furrowed. But Maslo's quick mouth stopped him.

 

"I won't go anywhere." He pressed his fingers against Yongguk's lips not letting the younger speak. "Now go, idiot."

 

Yongguk wanted to fight against it, he really did, but Maslo's words made too much sense and he was right about one thing, he was their hyung and it was his job to keep them safe.

 

Slumping his shoulders down and sighing loudly Yongguk raised his hands up and said, "Fine I'll go deal with the drunk kids. But you better be here when I get back," before turning around and assisting Daehyun and Jungseob in getting the two drunk heads to their respective beds.

 

 

 

It didn't really take long to persuade the two to leave the party. Youngjae was still reasonable and Jongup was somewhat obedient so the three that were dealing with them only had to help them walk over to the bedroom and snuggle them in the same bed.

 

Yongguk was a bit confused by it actually but Daehyun had said it was only because Jongup had nightmares the other night so he insisted that someone slept next to him all the times. Yongguk would actually believe that story if Daehyun didn't have that bloody smirk pasted over his face.

 

"One of them is going to wake up with a hard on, right?"

 

That simple question made Daehyun smirk even wider.

 

"My bet is on Jongup," Daehyun grinned, "that boy is easily aroused and Youngjae is a messy sleeper."

 

Jungseob next to him just shook his head and made his way past him to his bottle of beer someone managed to empty while he was dealing with the drunken ones.

 

"You're an idiot Jung Daehyun."

 

And that was the only thing Yongguk had to say about the matter. As much as he wasn't pleased with Daehyun's behaviour or the fact that Youngjae and Jongup – if any of them actually gets hard, which is a high possibility –  will be awkward with each other the next couple of days.

 

Sighing again Yongguk made his way back to the middle of their living room where he spotted Yohan sleeping on the sofa and Junhong sitting next to him with Chaejin in his lap, but no Maslo.

 

"I knew it," Yongguk sighs and punches the wall next to him.

 

He thinks about it for a minute. How hard was it for Maslo to stay just once? He didn't really ask for much just for him to stay long enough so he can take in all he missed.

 

That wasn't hard, right?

 

And it was fair because Maslo got to see him so much more; he got to go to his performances, got to watch him on shows. But he didn't get to have Maslo for himself just for one whole night.

 

It wasn't fair.

 

"There you are." A too familiar voice spoke behind Yongguk and he quickly turned around, tears of joy in his eyes.

 

And there he was, smiling at him with his hand around his brother's shoulders.

 

"I hope you don't mind that I used your brother as company while you were gone." he snickers and removes his hand from Yongnam's shoulder to take Yongguk's hand and intertwine their fingers.

 

Yongguk took a good look at their fingers before he let his gaze move upwards. He stared at Maslo, almost, wide-eyed.

 

"I thought you left," he said quietly, voice cracking.

 

Maslo smiled.

 

"I wouldn't leave you." His words were reassuring, comfy.

 

"Good."

 

Yongguk pulled him closer and pressed his lips against Maslo's. The kiss was slow, embarrassing but neither cared because they were together. And it didn't matter that they both knew Maslo's going to be gone the next morning, the spell did only last for a day; it didn't matter that Yongguk's going to have to deal with drunk people unable to get home right when he moves away, he didn't even care about the jokes his brother is going to crack about him.

 

It really didn't matter now. Only Maslo did. Only his lips. Their softness. Their smell. Their taste.

 

"Happy birthday, love," Maslo muttered against his lips before he slightly moved away. "I love you."

 

Yongguk smiled and pressed one final peck against Maslo's lips before whispering a shy "I love you too," to the elder.