The Morning After (They Cuddled)(Although Heung Soo Wished They Had Done More)

The Nightie (And All The Agony It Brought to Heung Soo)

 

After the awkwardness that was The Morning After, Heung Soon decided he was probably just repressed and simple wasn’t enough to keep his horns at bay.  He was going to get a girl who looked nothing like Nam Soon- he looked over at his best friend, drooling on his desk- okay, somewhat like Nam Soon, - he looked over again just as Nam Soon’s eyelashes fluttered and his mouth puckered and then relaxed again-, alright, very much like Nam Soon, and sleep with her.

“…So Hyung-nim like girls who are strong and can fight and are rude and tall and have brown hair and button noses?” Byun Ki asked in one breath, because it was something not many people could stand.

Heung Soon resisted the urge to smack himself. He was the king of obviousness. He sighed. Might as well give him a better description.

“A girl like Nam Soon.”

And only after he saw Byun Ki’s widened eyes did he realize what a terrible mistake he’d made.

He tried to cover it up. “Um, like, I meant, a girl FOR Nam Soon.  Because I owe him. For..umm, making me noodles the other time.”

Why was it that he only realized how dumb these things sounded when they were already out of his mouth?

Byun Ki slammed the bottle of whatever caffeinated juice-of-death he was drinking on the table and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.  “So Hyung-nim, you want a girl like Nam Soon, for Nam Soon, because he made you noodles?”

Heung Soo grabbed his bag and stood up. “Nope, no, I’m good.” Cue fake smile. “Never mind. Thanks. Bye!” He was already running down the hallway away from the embarrassment when he heard a shout behind him.

“HYUNG-NIM, I’LL DO IT! TRUST ME!”

He turned around for a fraction of a second but Byun Ki was grinning so widely that it was hard not to keep running.

000

In the darkness of night, a secret meeting was held by a certain group of students of Class II.

“PAY UP ES, WE WERE RIGHT!” Byun Ki shouted. Kang Joo rolled her eyes. “You’re making it up! I’m not giving you money until I get solid proof!”

“What more solid proof do you want? They’re not gonna post couple pictures online. Just admit you lost the bet, Kang Joo!”

Ah Kyung’s voice broke the argument. She was too cool to attend these meeting personally so they kept a Skype link to her.  “Kang Joo is right. All Heung Soo asked for was a girl like Nam Soon. A GIRL. So what if he likes tall brunettes? If anything, that’s a point for our team!”

Kang Joo smirked. “So, as you were saying dude. Pay up.”

000

Naturally, Byun Ki won that argument. As he wins all other arguments that don’t descend into physical altercations.

The next morning when Nam Soon strolled into school, there was a crowd outside his classroom. A crowd full of girls and boys and teachers and parents (?) who all shrieked (“THAT’S HIM!”)and pointed when he showed up.

“…What?”

The crowd just dissipated with no further comment.

Nam Soon shrugged. Weirder things had happened to him.

000

The entire week, more and more people stopped him on the street to get a good look at him or to take his picture. Nam Soon was pretty freaked now.

He collided into his front door, cursing at the key for dropping to the floor- the crowd was nearing; he could hear them yelling- he turned the key, the door swung open and like heaven, he was safe.

He leaned against the door, panting.

Heung Soo appeared with a spatula in his hand and an apron over his uniform. “Ahh, you’re ba—what happened?”

“Got…chased.” Nam Soon wheezed.

“Did you get beat up? Did you run away? What do they want?” Heung Soo demanded; waving the spatula.

“Pictures.”

“What?”

“I don’t know!”

Heung Soon could no longer ignore the nagging feeling that he’d been ignoring all week. That this was somehow his fault. He fixed on his brightest, fakest smile.

“Really? Eheheheh. Who’d want pictures of you, giseki-ah?”

Said giseki-ah punched him in the stomach.

000

Kang Joo was pretty bummed about Byun Ki winning that argument. Not that she cared that Nam Soon and Heung Soo were in love. But she just didn’t think it was true. They had a relationship like she and Ah Kyung did. If they were gay… then she would need an introspective session about that sleep-over-study-night they had last month.

Thus, Nam Soon and Heung Soo were NOT gay. They weren’t dating.  They wouldn’t date each other if Nam Soon himself was the mystery girl who-is-supposed-to-look-like-Nam-Soon (that-the-entire-universe-is-looking-for).

She told Ah Kyung as much. “I mean, Nam Soon and Heung Soo wouldn’t date even if Nam Soon was the girl Heung Soo is looking for!”

Ah Kyung shot up from where she had been solving math problems on her bed.

“Kang Joo-ah, you’re a genius!” She laughed, and grabbed her hands.

The warmth from Ah Kyung’s hands were too distracting for her to stutter out anything more intelligent than: “…I am?”

000

Kang Joo was really strong when she needed to be, Nam Soon realized. Like right now. He was  pressed inside a cubicle in the girl’s washroom with a colourful bottle held at his face.

“What are you doing?!” He hissed at her.

“Shut up! We need to talk.” She let him get a whiff of what was in the bottle. His head spun for a bit.

“What is that?” He asked weakly. He was seeing doubles.

“Byun Ki’s juice. Now remember all those times when I saved your life and you promised to do anything for me?”

Nam Soon didn’t remember any one of incidents but he nodded because being in a cubicle with Kang Joo when she was PMS-ing called for self-preservation.

“Good. Your time has come, then.”

And she told him what he had to do. When he was released from the girl’s bathroom ten minutes later, his head was spinning and not only from the juice he had sniffed.

000

Byun Ki was ecstatic. His sources had found the girl. He was going to be useful for his Hyung-nim and be forever bathed in Hyung-nim’s protection and grace!

He told a skeptical Heung Soon that he had found the girl, but with a catch. “Hyung-nim, I’m doing this for you, not for pres! You have to at least meet her beforehand. I think you’ll like her. We’ll find pres someone else later.” He winked.

And with the world-renouned Byun Ki Nagging Skillz, he convinced Heung Soo to meet the mystery girl first.

He texted Kang Joo from under his table as soon Heung Soo had turned around.  If this doesn’t work, I’m living in your basement for the rest of my life.

His phone buzzed a moment later. Might as well live in my closet, you disgusting old man.

He chuckled. And you know that’s less my job and more Hyung-nim’s.

When Kang Joo’s phone buzzed again, Teacher Kang sent them both out of class.

000

It was finally evening. Heung Soo kicked back the futon cover and jumped up. It must be said that he was so nervous about meeting this chick that he actually tried to take a nap and failed at it.

Byun Ki’s text blinked on his phone’s screen again when he turned it on. She’ll be waiting at the café on 7Thstreet at around six. Good luck~! She’s pretty~!

He dressed in his most dashing blacks, then changed into something more colourful so he wouldn’t look so depressing. His hair wouldn’t stay to the side so he tried to scrunch it but dammit, he was out of mousse. After twenty minutes of trying to get his hair to stay with water, he admitted defeat.

“NOONA!” He yelled. “NOONA I NEED YOUR HELP!”

His sister came running, thinking her precious Heung Soo was having a panic attack or choking or dying or—

“Help me get ready?” He smiled sheepishly at her and held out his clothes.

Little did Heung Soo know, big sisters love dressing up their little brothers and she would have jumped at the opportunity even without him agreeing to do all the dishes for the next month.

“Hurry, noona, I’m going to be late!” Heung Soo whined .

“Shut up or I’ll gouge your eyes out with the straightener and then we’ll see how much this chick likes you.”

Heung Soo shut up.

When she was done, and he rushed out of the house, he got hit on by four women and a man on the way to the café, not to mention the countless dogs suddenly going into heat when he walked past.

000

Kang Joo appeared outside his door with a suitcase.

“I thought you said I have to meet someone so why the-“ And that was all Nam Soon got the chance to say before Kang Joo whistled and he was pushed into his house by half of Class II. The boys immediately dragged him into the bathroom (then backpedaled because there wasn’t room for all of them in there) and began pulling at his clothes.

Someone had a rag soaked with Byun Ki’s juice pressed to his face. 
“…?” He muttered and slumped forward into his classmates’ waiting arms.

000

When Heung Soo arrived at the café, there was already a girl with long auburn hair- the same shade as Nam Soon’s- sitting at the far table. He could see the back of her baggy off-shoulder top and bare legs under the table. He took a deep breath. He slid into the seat across from her with a winning smile.

“Hey cutie.” He said, and then saw her.

She was gorgeous. She looked so much like Nam Soon only… with false eyelashes. His expression hardened.

“What the are you doing?” He hissed at Nam Soon, who was sitting across from him in a ing skirt.

But Nam Soon had seemed to be going through some serious mental trauma after seeing him.

“Are you wearing eyeliner?” He asked incredulously, leaning closer to Heung Soo.  “You are!” And he began to laugh.

“My sister put it on and so are you!” He retorted and stuck his tongue out before he remembered something. “Oh yeah, where the is my date?!”

Nam Soon looked down sheepishly.  Only then did Heung Soo realize.

“Hold up a minute.” His eyes narrowed at his best friend. “You’re wearing a skirt.”

“And a girl’s shirt.” Nam Soon shrugged, making it slide off even more.  “Look, I’m more confused than you are. What the is going on?”

“I don’t know! I was supposed to meet some chick who looked like-“ you.

Oh.

Damn Byun Ki.

He cleared his throat and said the one thing that would always distract Nam Soon long enough for him to escape embarrassing situations. “Um, um, I’m hungry. Can we order?”

Nam Soon’s eyes lit up. Heung Soo wasn’t sure if Nam Soo was just really hungry or the falsies were doing their job, because at the mention of food, his eyes glittered like the night sky.

“Order please?” He croaked, and almost fell over himself in relief when the waiter provided a distraction from his best friend in drag.

000

Byun Ki took a few pictures for evidence from behind the bushes across the street from the café, even though Kang Joo was standing right there.

“And there we have it! Nam Soon in drag and I can practically smell the lust off of Hyung-nim’s body from here!”

Kang Joo grimaced.  “They’re just sitting together. If anything, Heung Soo looked pretty angry.”

Byun Ki spread his arms. “My dear, you’ve never seen a man who’s trying to control his animal instincts, have you?”

Kang Joo wrinkled her nose. “Do they all look so constipated?”

000

Heung Soo was ready to fall to knees and thank the gods when the food arrived. Nam Soon was hell-bent on trying to figure out why they’d been set up like this by their classmates  (“Maybe it’s a prank.” He mused, and Heung Soo now realized why the kid failed all his exams.) but he couldn’t keep his eyes from straying.

“Are you going to keep that on?” He interrupted Nam Soon’s continuous babble by pointing awkwardly at his wig.

Nam Soon shrugged. He needed to stop shrugging or his shirt would just fall off and then Heung Soo would have to do something drastic like kiss every inch of Nam Soon’s skin before putting it back on.

Heung Soo shook his head. Horror dawned on him. He wasn’t going to get through this meal.

He was literally going to die. He was going to just stop breathing because of unsatisfied lust. He could see the headlines already. Death by UST.

And then he was going to hell because the UST was directed at his best friend who snored like an elephant. His best friend who had the iest thighs since Madonna and who wouldn’t stop flicking his hair over his shoulder.

“No wonder girls do this all the time, it’s actually pretty addictive!” Nam Soon said excitedly, flipping his hair again.

Heung Soo brought his head down on the table. When he brought it up again, he had fries in his hair.

Nam Soon tsk-ed at him through his snorts of laughter and leaned over to pick the potatoes out of his hair. “Stop wasting food, giseki-ah!” He smacked him on the head. Heung Soo smacked him back as a reflex.

Nam Soon drew back and glared. Heung Soo gulped. Uh-oh.

The café owner kicked them out shortly after.

As they were being pushed out of the café, Heung Soo felt an elbow elbowing him in the ribs. He bowed to the shop keeper politely, apologized again for getting too noisy with his ‘girlfriend’ and waited for the man to leave.

Then he spun around. “YAH!” 

Nam Soon let out a laugh and pranced away.  Maybe it was the effect of inhaling the juice fumes, but he thought the entire situation was hilarious. Heung Soo had ditched their manga-reading session today for this date and they had ended up spending time together anyways. It was a morbid kind of pleasure, keeping Heung Soo all to himself.

He poked and prodded and pinched and smacked Heung Soon all the way home.

He didn’t think it was so hilarious anymore when Heung Soon rammed him into a nearby wall as revenge for said poking and prodding and pinching and smacking him all the way home.

Then the tickling began.

“I was wrong! Stop!” Nam Soon panted and laughed at the same time. His face was turning red from the lack of oxygen.

“Stop what?” Heung Soo asked innocently, and continued tickling him.

“FOR ’S SAKE IF YOU DON’T STOP I’M GONNA PEE!” Nam Soon yelled, and then gulped deep breaths when Heung Soo immediately stepped away.

“You make the most disgusting girl ever!” Heung Soo laughed into his arm.

Nam Soon was already trying to bound away when Heung Soo grabbed him by the arm, swung him around and slammed him into the wall again. “Cheater!” He hissed into his face. He was pinning the other boy to the wall with his entire body.

And suddenly it was like the world had fallen silent. Nam Soon’s grin froze on his face and slipped off ever-so-slowly. Something in the back of Heung Soo’s mind told him that they were too close, and too late he realized that he didn’t care. He could feel Nam Soon’s breath against his face. Nam Soon looked at him with an unreadable expression, like he couldn’t figure out what to make of him, or of this situation. Heung Soo held his gaze for a long moment, asking him telepathically- Is this alright? Can we do this?- and despaired for a second when Nam Soon did nothing but stare at him back, wide-eyed. Then he slid his tongue across his pink lips nervously and leaned forward.  

. Heung Soo thought, and crashed his mouth against Nam Soon’s.

000

His phone buzzed sometime around when he had his hand half up Nam Soon’s skirt and tongue half-way down Nam Soon’s throat. Needless to say, he did not read the message.

000

“SEE?! HE DIDN’T REPLY AFTER THE DATE WHICH MEANS THAT HE AND NAM SOON ARE--” Byun Ki wriggled his eyebrows.

Kang Joo punched him in the shoulder. “No solid proof, bro.” Aside from the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

But Kang Joo didn’t have to wait long for her solid proof.  Heung Soo wore a scarf the next day. It was May.  And Nam Soon wouldn’t stop grinning when the Teacher Jung asked him why he didn’t do his homework.

Kang Joo quietly went and pressed the bet money into Byun Ki’s hand during break, and skipped the next two lessons to introspect.

FIN.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLENESS THAT IS THIS FIC. If you even enjoyed it a little bit, review/upvote/favorite? :)