Chapter 2

Broken Doll

Author's Note: H-hello ;u; I was surprised to see the awfully lot subscribers sobs even though I was so happy, but I wasn't sure if you guys knew the next chapter wasn't going to be KaiSoo huhuhu. This one is just...Idk, I need to stop apologizing, if I'm not confident then why did I write and post it right? T___T (let me just kill myself) If I tell you that this contains , will you still read it? (And I don't need to remind you that this is awful right)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Junmyeon had never fallen in love.

He was so busy surviving his life that the thought of dating someone had never occured to him. His days were filled with studying, working and cooking for his brothers. Junmyeon forgot how long had it been since he had been living like this. All he knew was that one day, he woke up and his parents’ lawyer told him that they were gone to a better place. That their parents didn’t manage to say goodbye, but it didn’t mean they didn’t love them. That no matter how much they wanted to, they would never be able to come back.

Junmyeon never really understood it at first.

But as he went into the bank to make a withdrawal from his parents’ account with the lawyer, it was then that he understood no one was going to be there to take care of him anymore.

The male grew older without his parents, but it didn’t mean that he had no memories of them. He remembered their warm smiles, he remembered his mother’s laugh like it was just yesterday, he remembered hugging his father a bit too long the last time before they separated. Sometimes, the images of his parents were just too much that Junmyeon broke down and cried. He wished things wouldn’t turn out this way. He wished God wouldn’t take his parents back to heaven, too quick from his life. He wished everything was just a dream, that whenever he woke up early in the morning, he would wake up to his mother’s smile and his father’s fond gaze on him.

It was only a wishful thinking because of course, the dead couldn’t be brought back to life.

No matter how much he wanted to.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon always blamed himself for everything that happened, including his brothers’ personalities.

He had been busy working for money that he didn’t know since when Jongin and Sehun had grown up differently.

Jongin, being the older of the two was the more mature and independent one. By the time Junmyeon realized it, Jongin was used to do anything all by himself without protest. Whenever Junmyeon asked him to help—even for anything, he would immediately do as told. Jongin didn’t talk much and he only answered whenever he was asked. Deep down inside, Junmyeon felt a bit worried for him, but when his younger brother brought Kyungsoo home the other day, he felt kind of relieved. Because despite everything that happened, Jongin was still able to love someone.

Sehun, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. The youngest male between the three was the most talkative one. He talked, he sulked, he whined a lot, he pouted whenever Junmyeon wouldn’t pay attention to him, and sometimes he acted like he was the older one than Junmyeon. It was probably because Junmyeon pampered Sehun a lot since they were little. Because Junmyeon didn’t want him to feel any of his sadness. Because Junmyeon needed to be strong both for him and Jongin.

Junmyeon didn’t remember how or when it happened, but before he knew it, Sehun had completely invaded his personal space. He would feel the latter’s nose pressed onto his back whenever he was cooking or doing the dishes. Sehun would wrap his arms tightly around his waist whenever they sat on the couch, watching a sappy drama on the television. His younger brother would snuggle and cuddle to him too damn close whenever it was raining hard outside that there wasn’t even an inch between them anymore. Junmyeon would just let him because Sehun had always hated thunder and he hated sleeping alone at times like these.

When they were much, much younger, Junmyeon couldn’t help but feeling cute at his brother’s attitude.

But when they grew older, really, it just kind of scared Junmyeon.

Sehun would tell him out of nothing that Junmyeon couldn’t give his heart to anyone else because he was his from the start. He would tell the beautiful male that he couldn’t marry anyone else because he would be the one to marry him when they were old enough. Junmyeon would always smile in amusement because it was cute to hear it from the four-years-old Kim Sehun who had a cute lisp and a cute face who said those words like he meant it (because the boy was just a kid and he would forget everything he said when he grew older and fell in love with a pretty, petite girl with pigtails).

But that moment, Junmyeon didn’t know Sehun was a genius who always remember everything he said. Yet.

They had never talked about it ever since.

There were times when Sehun showed some weird gestures, but Junmyeon always waved it off. He almost felt his heart stopped beating when ten years old Kim Sehun came home with a drawing containing two people with a big heart between them. When he asked him what it meant, Sehun casually told him that it meant the two of them, now and forever. Junmyeon could only smile in reply because the brotherly love between them was acceptable, and that no matter what happened, they would stay together forever—as a family.

Junmyeon commented nothing.

He was starting to be worried when he found Sehun’s summer homework one day. The topic was about what they wanted to be when they grew up, and Sehun had jotted down ‘to be a good husband for Suho’. Junmyeon froze on his track and it was as if a huge amount of oxygen were taken from his forcefully, because Suho was his nickname from Sehun. It got him to panic. He tried to act casual even though it made him became terribly scared of his own brother. Because together forever was acceptable—but marriage? Fortunately, nothing ever happened. Junmyeon was starting to relax and absently thought that he was scared for nothing.

If only he knew that it was temporary.

Because the moment Jongin brought Kyungsoo home, it resurfaced.

Junmyeon felt something bubbled in him when he saw Jongin staring fondly at Kyungsoo at the dining table. His heart clenched because it reminded him of his father’s fond gaze to him when he was still little. The gaze was deep and Junmyeon instinctively knew it was affection. He almost went breathless when Jongin caringly ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair and how the latter blushed at the affectionate gesture before blooming into a shy smile.

It was then that he felt something had been missing from his life.

Maybe...just maybe, it might be what Jongin had.

Junmyeon wanted someone to give him a gaze like that, too. He wanted someone to pull him into an embrace whenever he felt down and whisper soft, calming words into his ears. He wanted someone who would treat him like he was the only one in the world and no other.

When Jongin disappeared downstairs to walk Kyungsoo to the cab, Sehun helped him doing the dishes. For once, Sehun wasn’t whiny and clingy like usual and Junmyeon tried to break the silence by commenting casually about Jongin’s boyfriend. His brother’s intuition was working and it told him that Kyungsoo looked nice and kind hearted, and that he was perfect for Jongin. “What do you think of Kyungsoo, Sehunie?”

Sehun didn’t reply.

“They look good together,” Junmyeon continued. “Kyungsoo seems...understanding. I hope they’ll be alright. I feel really glad for Jongin...”

“Hm,” Sehun replied nonchalantly. Junmyeon stared at him for a second because it wasn’t like the usual Sehun. Did he have a bad day? The older male shifted his gaze back to the dirty plates before soaping them. They continued to drown in silence even after they were done. Junmyeon’s lips curved into a smile as he thanked Sehun for his help and told him to rest quickly. The younger male was already halfway to exit the room, but he seemed reluctant for a while before turning back to Junmyeon. “Hyung?”

“Yes, Sehunie?”

“You’re mine, hyung. You do remember that, don’t you?”

Junmyeon deadpanned at the remark and Sehun spun around as he said goodnight. Even after Sehun had exited the room, he stayed still on his track, trying to register the words his brother had said. Junmyeon’s eyes widened when realization dawned upon him and he brought a hand to his mouth.

Sehun was serious about his childhood words.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon tried not to think about Sehun’s words, but it was just hard not to.

You are mine, hyung.

Of course he was Sehun’s, he was his own brother, they were related by blood. They would forever be inseparable of the blood thing.

Surely Sehun didn’t mean it to be something else...right?

Right.

The beautiful male was too absorbed in his own world that he failed to hear the bell had rung. He jolted out of his reverie when one of his classmates accidentally kicked his table and realized that he had been spacing out since his first class.

Junmyeon pressed a hand on his forehead.

This past few days he had been taking extra shifts because Taeyeon was sick. It killed him because whenever he finally reached home to sleep, Sehun would always whine that he was hungry. That, or he just wanted his brother to tutor him (which was unnecessary because Sehun was born genius). Sometimes Junmyeon wanted to cry because Sehun didn’t seem to understand his condition, but he would never let himself break in front of his brother. He would give in to his request and put a smile and start cooking, no matter how sleepy or exhausted he was.

Junmyeon was still gathering all of the strength and spirits he needed when he noticed someone was standing beside him. He turned his head questioningly only to find a plain black colored tee blocked his gaze. Junmyeon blinked for a moment before realizing that it was someone’s chest. The male slowly shifted his eyes upward to see who it was.

Their eyes met and Junmyeon held his breath at the sight.

The male was extremely tall—probably even taller than Jongin—and absolutely stunning that Junmyeon didn’t pay attention to what he was saying. He had a short black hair, with a grumpy yet kind type of smile and adorable pair of lips. He was so caught up in staring that he didn’t know the male had stopped talking. When the other male’s brows furrowed together into a line, Junmyeon took it as a cue that he should snap back to life.

“I’m—I’m sorry?”

The male blinked at his response and cleared his throat. “I said, uh...I have two movie tickets...and I’m just wondering if you are free for today.”

It was Junmyeon’s turn to blink and his heartbeat quickened at how gorgeous and deep the voice was. His eyes dropped to the piece of papers in the handsome male’s hand. They really were two movie tickets. Does it mean...he—he’s asking me out? Me? Him? Oh my God, maybe he mistook me as someone else. Junmyeon pressed his lips together before reluctantly shaking his head. “I’m—I’m sorry...but I have work today...”

There was a hint of disappointment in the male’s black orbs at the rejection. Nonetheless, he kept on smiling even though it looked strained. “I—I see...”

Junmyeon lowered his head in guilt. “But—but thank you so much for asking. It’s been a while since I watch a movie, though...if only it were tomorrow...”

“Tomorrow?”

“Yeah...tomorrow’s my day off.”

“Did—did I say today? I mean, tomorrow.” Something in the male’s eyes brightened and he looked hopeful as he stared straight at Junmyeon with his tongue was stuck between his lips. “The tickets are for tomorrow.”

Junmyeon slowly gazed back up in disbelief. “R...really?”

“Yeah...” the taller of the two smiled kindly and Junmyeon noticed his heart missing a beat. Or two. “So...tomorrow? After class? I’ll...pick you here?”

“Oh. ...sure?”

“Great,” the male broke into a relieved grin and paused for a moment before stretching his hand. It was a bit too late for introduction, but who cared? “Wu Yifan.”

Junmyeon found himself gulping nervously as he took the offered hand. “Kim J—Junmyeon.”

“I know,” he replied softly. I’ve had my eyes on you, Junmyeon-ah. “I know.”

Junmyeon felt himself blooming into a shy smile.

It was probably the same one with Kyungsoo’s when he smiled for Jongin.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon felt something awful flipped within him.

It was like there were a whole lot of butterflies flying and turning in his stomach. The feeling was new to him, and Junmyeon wondered how to erase the image of Yifan’s smile from his mind because he needed to sleep. By the time morning came, Junmyeon realized that he had only been sleeping for a few hours. Realizing that sleeping was no longer an option, he decided to just wake up and make breakfast for his brothers.

Even as he cooked, he couldn’t stop glancing at the clock, as if to measure how much longer he had to endure before meeting Yifan and go for a movie. Was it a date? Junmyeon wasn’t sure. Yifan certainly only asked him to go because he had two tickets and definitely wasn’t asking him out...but whatever it was, it caused his heart to thrum loudly against his ribcage.

Maybe it was because of Yifan.

Maybe it was because he hadn’t gone to the movie in months—years, in fact.

Or maybe it was both.

“Good morning, hyung.”

A familiar voice sent his thoughts flying and Junmyeon smiled without peering over his shoulder. “Good morning, Sehunie.”

Sehun gave him a frown which Junmyeon didn’t notice. “...hm? You look happy.”

Junmyeon casually turned around and put an innocent face as best as he could. He placed the plate of pancakes in front of Sehun who was still staring at him. Junmyeon mentally panicked. Was he that obvious? Was he that easy to read? But even if he was, of course Sehun was able to say something because he was his sibling. It wasn’t a coincidence that Sehun was someone who knew him too well. “Happy...? I...I think it’s because of my day off?”

Sehun said nothing in return but then he smiled a little before sweeping Junmyeon’s bangs affectionately. “Has Taeyeon-noona recovered?”

“U—um, she has.”

“Then you should take the opportunity to rest.”

Junmyeon nodded nervously, a bit relieved that Sehun bought the story.

The younger male opted for a toast instead of pancakes for his breakfast that morning. Sehun snatched one and hastily munched it in a record time. He swallowed the whole food down his throat and coughed. “Gonna go now. I’ll see you later tonight?”

Junmyeon nodded again as he turned his attention back to the neglected pancakes. Jongin would definitely want some. “Be careful, Sehunie.”

“Hyung.”

“Hm?” Junmyeon hummed without looking up from the table.

“Can I get a kiss?”

Junmyeon snorted into an amused chuckle and shook his head. Sehun was a spoiled kid alright. “You helpless—“

It happened too fast in a few seconds that Junmyeon didn’t see it coming.

Their lips met in the slightest touch which also broke as soon as it happened.

Junmyeon felt himself freezing and his brain failed to process any kind of information when Sehun pulled away with a wry grin.

“See you later, hyung.”

Sehun’s footsteps faded away and finally disappeared for real when he heard the sound of the front door being closed. It was then that Junmyeon managed to gasp and the fork in his hand dropped onto the floor. He feebly dropped to his knees, because his body lost all the strength when he recalled what had just happened.

With a trembling hand, Junmyeon reached for his lips and went pale.

His brother had just kissed him.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Junmyeon-ah?”

Junmyeon felt someone shook his shoulder and snapped out of his thoughts. “Y—yes...?”

“What’s wrong?” Yifan stared at him in concern. “...the movie was bad, wasn’t it?”

“N—no, the movie was alright...” Junmyeon shook his head even though he didn’t pay attention at all to the movie. Heck, he didn’t even know the title. “I’m sorry, I... I just don’t feel too well...”

“Hm?” Yifan frowned and pressed the back of his hand against Junmyeon’s forehead. “Are you sick?”

Junmyeon ignored the way heat creeping up to his cheeks at the contact and exhaled softly. “No...maybe I just need to rest.”

“Do you want to go home?”

Home.

The word reminded him of Sehun and Junmyeon felt reluctant all of a sudden. What if he met Sehun...? What would happen then...? Should he go home and pretend like nothing had happened? Should he just go home and smile and act casual, for the sake of their family? What should he do?

Junmyeon had no idea.

“Do you...wanna get something to eat first before going home?”

Yifan sounded hopeful and Junmyeon felt his inner persona screamed yes because he didn’t want the day to end yet. Even though he wasn’t being himself, but being with Yifan was nice, at least it helped him to distract his mind... And there was just something about Yifan that made him wanted to know him more. But then, Junmyeon remembered Jongin and Sehun and the possibilities of them starving. He wasn’t too worried about Jongin, but Sehun... Junmyeon inwardly sighed. No matter what he did, he was still his brother and nothing could ever change that.

“I’d love to...but... I should probably go home...”

“Oh. I—I see...,” Yifan’s tone was laced with a hint of disappointment but he was smiling. “Then, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, Junmyeon-ah?”

“Y—yeah...”

Yifan nodded as he reluctantly took a step back. “Well... Thank you for today, Junmyeon-ah. It was really fun.”

Junmyeon forced himself to smile before nodding back. “I—I had fun too...thank you.”

The taller of the two gave him a gentle smile and waved a hand before turning around to walk to the opposite direction. Junmyeon lifted a hand to wave back, but he wasn’t able to turn around and walk casually like Yifan. He wanted to apologize because he knew whatever it was that they had wasn’t fun at all because he was boring and would there even be next time to make it up to him?

Junmyeon choked a sob. What was it that he felt? He really didn’t want Yifan to leave...

“Junmyeon-ah?”

Junmyeon gasped and his eyes widened when he saw Yifan was back in front of him. “Yi—Yifan?”

“I...”

Yifan looked uncertain at first. Junmyeon stared at him questioningly with his mouth slightly parted, and Yifan thought he should just do it.

He did.

The taller male leaned forward to press his lips against Junmyeon’s.

Junmyeon felt himself breaking inside because the kiss was the sweetest thing that had ever happened to him. Yifan’s lips on his were soft, and the way their lips molded together were perfect. It was tender. It was careful. It was achingly slow. Junmyeon found himself shyly kissing back and felt Yifan smiling into their kiss before an unwanted image came back to his mind and ruined everything. He gasped in fear as he broke the kiss and pulled away from the taller male.

“Hey,” Yifan whispered as he held Junmyeon close, not wanting him to drift farther. “I’m sorry...did I hurt you?”

Junmyeon stifled a sob and facepalmed. “No, I’m sorry...”

“It’s alright...,” Yifan said softly as he swept a few strands of hair away from Junmyeon’s forehead and it caused a pang in the latter’s heart because he was just terribly kind. “It’s just that...you seem to have a lot on your mind and I hope...I hope this,” he said and kissed Junmyeon sweetly one more time. “...will somehow make you feel better and distract you from whatever it is...”

Junmyeon bit his lower lip in hesitation. When Yifan made a move as a sign that he wanted to kiss him more, Junmyeon weakly let him and sighed in defeat. It amazed him that with just a simple, sincere kiss, it managed to take his mind off of anything else and soon was filled with the images of Yifan. Junmyeon leaned forward to rest his head on Yifan’s shoulder and closed his eyes. The kiss was different than the one had this morning, because it gave him feeling and warmth flooded endlessly in his chest. It made him forget.

“Junmyeon-ah,” Yifan muttered softly into his ear. “I know it’s too soon, but... Would it be selfish if I tell you I want to be the one for you?”

You’re mine, hyung.

Junmyeon’s heart had never beat that much for anyone else before. The male slowly lifted his face to meet Yifan’s gaze. Yifan looked really serious with what he had just said, and his heart stuttered at the sight. Would if be selfish too if he wanted to be this man’s...? That he wanted to belong to him...?

“Then be the one for me...”

Yifan’s eyes widened at his answer before breaking into a wide grin. The taller male looked wordlessly happy and gave him a chaste kiss once again before pulling him into a tight embrace. “I will. I promise you, I will...”

Junmyeon closed his eyes again as he slowly leaned into the touch.

Because I’m not Sehun’s.

Yifan made him forget.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t really understand what he felt, but he felt complete after the kiss with Yifan.

Yifan made him felt utterly loved.

The taller male started to wait for him until his classes were done, so that they would go home together. Sometimes he would accompany Junmyeon to his work before separating with a kiss. Sometimes Yifan would wait until Junmyeon’s shift was over before taking him to dinner and in the end, Junmyeon would just bring takeovers home for his brothers because it was already to late for him to cook at home.

Time flew so fast that without him realizing it, they had been official for more than a week.

It had also meant that a few weeks had passed since his (accidental) kiss with Sehun. Junmyeon didn’t make a big fuss out of it and Sehun was still being himself toward his brother. They still interacted like nothing had ever happened. Ever since he got together with Yifan, he began to think that there was just no way that Sehun would (accidentally) kiss him. Maybe the younger male was aiming for his cheek and missed instead.

Maybe.

A few months had passed since Jongin’s graduation and now it was Sehun’s turn to be a senior. It was Sehun’s turn to have countless mock exams, but with that awesome brain of his, Junmyeon didn’t doubt his ability to succeed. But sometimes the male just took the advantage of being the youngest. He would beseech childishly as he snuggled closer to Junmyeon when the older male was still standing by the sink, washing the dishes after dinner and he told him he wanted dessert because he was tired of studying and he needed something sweet to heal his soul. Junmyeon would roll his eyes playfully but gave in to Sehun’s request anyway (even though sometimes he felt guilty because Jongin had been through the same thing as him, but he never whined and he never spoiled him the way he spoiled Sehun).

Junmyeon never thought of counting the days, but when Yifan bought him a box of chocolates (as their first month anniversary, the Chinese male sheepishly informed), he thought maybe he should start. It marveled him, really, to be able to hide something as special as that to his brothers, because Yifan wasn’t even a secret. Sometimes Junmyeon wanted to share to Jongin that he had a boyfriend, but Sehun was always around whenever he wanted to have a private talk and he always hesitated at the condition. Something in him just prevented to start a conversation about boyfriends when the youngest one was there.

It never occured to him to introduce Yifan to his brothers because he never thought Yifan would want to know.

But maybe he was wrong.

Because it turned out that Yifan wanted Junmyeon to meet his parents.

They were having lunch at a junk food restaurant when Yifan casually shared him the news. Junmyeon’s jaw dropped involuntarily in response and turned pale. “...y—your parents?”

“Yeah.”

“B—but how...? Do they—they know you’re dating m—me?”

“They know I’m dating someone, but they don’t know who,” Yifan’s gaze softened at him as he Junmyeon’s hair to calm him down. “They just—they just wanted to know, I guess. You know. Parents.”

No, Junmyeon didn’t know because he had no parents anymore. But Yifan didn’t need to know that—at least, not now... Junmyeon swallowed thickly before speaking. “B—but...we’re...new.”

“I know, that’s why I just want you to be prepared. Just in case they want to meet you. Right now they’re just asking, but who knows? Tomorrow they might tell me to marry you.”

Yifan snickered in amusement but Junmyeon wasn’t laughing at all.

The beautiful male blanched in fear because he himself didn’t know how to be ready. What if he would never be ready? What if Yifan’s parents disliked him? What if they didn’t approve of their relationship? What if they found out about Junmyeon’s status and they didn’t think he suited their son? A lot of ‘what if’s ran through his mind and Junmyeon felt like crying at the possibilities.

All this time, he never asked too much about Yifan’s family because he was scared. Because Yifan turned out to be a kind hearted person and Junmyeon didn’t feel like letting him go. Because his presence meant a lot in his life. Because he felt cared by Yifan. He felt taken care of. He felt protected. And everytime Yifan tried to dig deeper into his life, Junmyeon would block all of his efforts because it wasn’t the time yet. One month was still such a short time. But for how long he was going to keep it all inside? Three months? A year? When would be the right time if he kept on acting like this? Surely sooner or later Yifan would demand no more secrets between them and if that happened, what would he do?

Fear must have plastered very clearly on Junmyeon’s face that Yifan suddenly tilted his chin and pressed their lips in the sweetest touch.

“It’s nothing to be scared of, Junmyeon-ah,” Yifan said softly, his fingers were still on Junmyeon’s chin. “It’s natural for their parents to want to know about their children’s relationship. They just want the best for us.”

But Yifan would never understand why he was scared.

What if Sehun finds out?

“Besides, like I said, I just want you to be prepared. My mother is always spontaneous...”

What would he do?

“Stop making that face, Junmyeon-ah,” Yifan said firmly and his voice was beginning to lace with worry. “I’m not forcing you or anything. Oh God, did I scare you? I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

Yifan’s big hand flew to his face and caressed his cheek gently with a thumb. Junmyeon instinctively closed his eyes and did his best not to sob. Why was he being so kind to him? Junmyeon felt he was being unfair to the taller male. Yifan sincerely wanted to know about him, but he never gave him a chance to... Junmyeon breathed deeply before cracking his eyes open.

The taller male gave him a fond gaze and another sweet kiss to his lips.

Junmyeon found himself holding too dearly to Yifan.

“Don’t leave me,” he sobbed quietly.

“I have no intention to,” was Yifan’s only reply.

Maybe the time had come for him to break slowly from his shell.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t know how to approach Jongin without getting a suspicious glare from Sehun, so he opted for texts instead.

Yifan seemed confused at Junmyeon’s weird behavior that day. They had promised to meet in front of the bookstore to grab lunch before his part time job, but then Junmyeon told him to wait for a few moments. Yifan usually wouldn’t mind, if only he wasn’t so hungry... His boyfriend seemed terribly nervous because he couldn’t stop biting his nail and the black haired male had to intertwine their fingers to stop him from doing so.

He was scared, that much was obvious. But of what, he didn’t know.

Yifan could only rubbed soothing circles on Junmyeon’s back and the latter felt awfully grateful for his understanding.

When Jongin finally appeared around fifteen minutes later, Junmyeon felt his stomach churning with a great jolt because this was it. There was no turning back. The male swallowed the nervousness down his throat and waved a hand to him. The younger of the two seemed to look around for a moment before spotting his brother with a stranger. Jongin gave them a slight frown as he stepped closer to their direction. “Hyung? I got your text...”

Junmyeon wanted to explain to his brother the reason behind all of it, but he couldn’t. His lips were trembling as he turned to Yifan. “Yi—Yifan.”

Yifan looked confused. “Yes...?”

“This—this is my brother,” Junmyeon mumbled bashfully and motioned Jongin. “Jongin, m—meet Yifan.”

Jongin and Yifan looked terribly surprised at the sudden introduction but Yifan’s expression soon morphed into excitement.

“Hello,” Yifan greeted as he shook Jongin’s hand firmly. “I’m Yifan. Nice to meet you, Jongin-ah.”

Jongin dumbly nodded. “...nice to meet you too, hyung.”

Junmyeon nervously chuckled at their interaction and scratched the back of his head. “Uh...okay. I’ll see you at home, Jonginie.”

“Wait,” Yifan frowned in confusion. “Why don’t we grab a bite together? Jongin-ah, have you eaten? We were just about to have lunch...”

Jongin noticed Junmyeon’s face turning even whiter at the offer and he hesitated for a moment before replying. “Uh...thanks, but no thanks, hyung. I’m gonna go eat with my boyfriend.”

“Your boyfriend? Wonderful! You can just ask him to join too.”

Jongin didn’t expect that kind of reaction—and so did Junmyeon. His eyes slowly drifted to his older brother’s face. Junmyeon himself wasn’t sure, that much was true, but Jongin also wasn’t sure what Junmyeon wanted him to do because it was all too sudden. He just got a text from the older male, asking if he could drop by for a brief moment by the bookstore and obviously never expected it to be like this. Should he leave? Should he stay?

Insecurity and uncertainty were chiseled on Junmyeon’s face. But Yifan looked like he was a really nice person and it wouldn’t hurt to know him better. Afterall, Junmyeon had been the one who saved his relationship with Kyungsoo from breaking. Jongin took a deep breath and stared straight at Junmyeon.

“Is it okay if we join, hyung?”

Junmyeon seemed stunned by the question and now he got two pair of eyes staring at him. Yifan looked hopeful and Jongin sent him a calming smile—something that he rarely did—as if to tell him that it was going to be alright. Junmyeon brought his hand to his mouth to start biting on his nail again, but before he could do it, Yifan snatched his hand firmly and shook his head.

Jongin stared blankly at the scene.

Junmyeon finally nodded even though he wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Fortunately, Jongin didn’t say a word about their secret meeting.

They ended up eating just the three of them (because Jongin was actually lying when he said he was going to have lunch with Kyungsoo) and Yifan turned out to be very accepting of his brother. The conversation mostly happened between Jongin and Yifan (because the latter seemed very eager to know more about Junmyeon’s brother and he didn’t know why, even though Jongin wasn’t the type to talk much, but his brother answered politely to every question).

Junmyeon didn’t have the time to talk privately with Jongin ever since, but judging from the secretive smiles he sent his way, Jongin didn’t seem to have anything against their relationship and he felt grateful for it.

That night, Sehun whined like usual that he was dead tired from studying. The younger of the two crawled onto Junmyeon’s bed and snuggled to the latter’s back and soon fell asleep. Junmyeon quickly hid the phone in his hand—he was texting Yifan goodnight just then—but luckily, it didn’t seem like Sehun took notice of it. Sehun mumbled sleepily before wrapping his arms on Junmyeon’s waist possessively, pulling him closer against his chest.

Junmyeon sighed and carefully tucked away his phone. He closed his eyes, trying to remember Yifan and the taste of his lips on his, before smiling slightly and welcoming the deep slumber.

When morning came, Junmyeon was the first one to wake up. Their position had somehow changed, because they were facing each other and their faces were inchest apart. Sehun’s arms were still wrapped possessively around his waist as Junmyeon slowly regained his soul back. He could feel the former’s breath on his face and blinked his eyes open.

Junmyeon held his breath.

Sehun looked so peaceful sleeping beside him.

But something felt wrong.

A few months ago, Junmyeon would feel fine about Sehun hugging him. A few months ago, he would still feel fine with Sehun clinging, cuddling, snuggling against him. A few months ago, any of Sehun’s action was tolerable.

Because he didn’t have Yifan at that moment.

Junmyeon wanted to push Sehun away abruptly, but he didn’t have the strength to. He would never be rough to his brother—especially not to Sehun. He carefully tried to pull away—only to get pulled back closer by the half sleeping male. Sehun had always been a light sleeper and Junmyeon immediately closed his eyes in slight fear, pretending that he was still asleep. The latter could feel Sehun shifting slightly beside him and his grip around his waist was starting to loosen.

He waited.

Sehun let out a soft moan and rubbed his eye with a hand. “Morning, hyung,” he mumbled sleepily.

Junmyeon still had his eyes closed and he chose not to reply. It was better to just let Sehun thought he was still asleep. He just wanted the younger male to get out of his room as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, Sehun stayed still on the bed when he realized his brother was still asleep. Junmyeon’s heartbeat fastened when there was nothing else but the sound of their steady breaths, and for a moment he wondered if Sehun could hear his erratic heartbeat and his silent wish for him to go away. The other male finally made a move to lift a hand to touch Junmyeon’s face before whispering, “Don’t ever date anyone else, hyung.”

Junmyeon almost flinched.

“You’re mine. You’ve always been mine.”

No.

“I won’t let anyone touch you, hyung.”

Don’t touch me.

Junmyeon’s thoughts were scattered to pieces when he felt a pair of lips pressed against his. He almost whimpered, but unfortunately was too stunned to do anything. Junmyeon wished it were Yifan instead of Sehun. The kiss was different than the last time, because this time Sehun pressed his lips a bit more firmly and somehow, it contained feelings.

It wasn’t accidental, it wasn’t chaste like before, it was—

Yifan.

Junmyeon felt himself breaking at the thought of his boyfriend. He was almost at his limit, he wouldn’t be able to hold the tears back—

—when all of a sudden, Sehun broke the kiss abruptly and pulled away.

“, I’m late,” Junmyeon heard Sehun muttering to himself. A second later, he felt the bed had gotten lighter and the sound of Sehun’s footsteps fading away to the door. When the door swung close with a loud thud, it was when Junmyeon let out a terrifying gasp.

The male whimpered in distaste and quickly curled into a ball. He hugged himself tightly because he felt weak and inadequate at the moment, regretting not being able to push Sehun away. Junmyeon ignored the pain that was caused by his nails digging way too deep into his skin and sobbed helplessly.

By the time he managed to open his eyes, his cheeks were already wet.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon stopped seeing Yifan.

The Chinese male had been calling him nonstop but he never picked up. There was always lots of missed calls and unread texts on his phone, but Junmyeon didn’t have the heart to reply them. He didn’t have the heart to tell him that he...he wasn’t exactly cheating, but Junmyeon thought it was way worse. On one side, he wanted Yifan to know everything about him, but on the other side, he wasn’t sure if Sehun would be able to accept everything as easy as Jongin.

It wasn’t just Yifan that Junmyeon left.

Junmyeon was starting to neglect Sehun, too.

The kiss was so unbearable that it made Junmyeon wasn’t even able to look at his own brother anymore. Junmyeon wouldn’t look at Sehun, because he knew everytime their eyes met, the awful feeling resurfaced and he felt like hurting himself.

Sehun looked hurt whenever Junmyeon rejected his affection. He realized his brother had been pushing him away gently, but he didn’t understand why. He tried to ask, but Junmyeon always reasoned that he was tired. Most of the times, his bedroom was locked so that Sehun wouldn’t be able to sneak in anymore.

Jongin noticed this.

He noticed his older brother stiffening like a stone whenever Sehun walked closer. He noticed his brother stopped smiling, and even if he did, it wouldn’t reach his eyes.

Junmyeon had also been avoiding Yifan in the university. Sometimes Junmyeon would just turn his phone off because he couldn’t take it anymore. Why was Yifan being so stubborn? Even though he knew the other male deserved an explanation for his sudden change of attitude, he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Junmyeon thought if he stubbornly kept on neglecting Yifan, the male would understand and stop loving him.

But maybe, Yifan wasn’t the type to give up easily.

The black haired male managed to corner Junmyeon after work. He even skipped his own class just to wait for the latter because it was the only way left. Yifan was so desperate for explanation that he didn’t know what else to do.

Junmyeon looked surprised to see him and hastily turned around to walk to the opposite direction.

“Junmyeon-ah!”

Junmyeon feigned he didn’t hear anything and kept on walking, but Yifan was fast. The male flinched in obvious fear when his wrist was grabbed suddenly. His adamant resolve began to waver as Yifan turned him around, but his eyes were anywhere but him. He wasn’t even able to make a coherent sound that it only came as a whisper. “Wh—what do you want...?”

“What do I—“ Yifan sounded genuinely confused. “Junmyeon-ah, why are you acting like this?”

“You’re the one who should stop,” Junmyeon almost whimpered because he didn’t want to say such mean things. But it was the right thing to do. Yifan would only be hurt if they kept on going.

Yifan frowned disapprovingly. “I should stop...?”

“Stop—stop calling me.”

“Why should I stop—“

“Because I’m not sure, okay?” Junmyeon cried. “I’m not sure, Yifan!”

“You’re not sure of what, my feelings for you?” Yifan snapped and grabbed Junmyeon’s arms roughly. The latter moaned in pain and tried to free himself from the grip, but Yifan just wouldn’t let him.

“No—“

“Then tell me, what did I do so that you avoided me?” Yifan said in deep exasperation that it pained Junmyeon to hear his tone. It wasn’t his fault. It was his. “Did I do something to make you angry? Did I do something wrong?”

“No, you didn’t—“ Junmyeon almost sobbed.

“Then please don’t do this to me,” Yifan cupped his boyfriend’s cheeks. “Please don’t, Junmyeon-ah... All this time, I never forced you to tell me anything that you didn’t want to, but this...anything but this...” The tall male desperately pulled Junmyeon into his arms and was a bit grateful that the latter didn’t shy away at the touch. “Do you hate me...?”

“N—no...”

“Then don’t do this to me,” Yifan whispered. “Don’t ever leave me...didn’t I tell you that I have no intention to leave you? Then why...did you want to leave me?”

Junmyeon felt tears were rushing to spill over and he probably made a mistake by looking up. Their gazes met and Junmyeon felt like his missing piece had been completed. It wasn’t just Yifan that was hurt. It was both of them. Junmyeon felt so right to be in Yifan’s arms, why did he want to give it all away? If they stayed together, would there ever be a chance for them?

But what should I do...?

Yifan didn’t give him a chance to reply because the taller male then kissed him senselessly and once again, Junmyeon’s heart was filled with Yifan and Yifan only. His heart was so full with him that he was afraid it might burst out of his chest. It was like all of the previous memories had been erased and the only thing he could remember was the taller male’s sweet kisses.

But it only lasted for a moment.

“Don’t touch my hyung, you !!!”

Junmyeon gasped as he felt Yifan was pushed away abruptly from him and he screamed in horror when he saw Sehun punched the taller male. Yifan wasn’t ready at the sudden attack and he received the fist half willingly. The male spat blood as he fell backward onto the ground.

“Yifan!”

“Who the hell do you think you are, kissing him—“

Junmyeon cried in distress and took cover for Yifan. “Don’t hurt him!” He snapped to Sehun, who only gave him a disbelief stare. Junmyeon turned to his boyfriend with a sob and tried to reach for him, but hesitated halfway because he was scared, now that Sehun was there. “Are you—are you alright?”

Yifan touched his bleeding lip with a thumb and glowered at Sehun.

“I’m sorry, Yifan,” Junmyeon whispered. “I’m really sorry—“

Sehun looked extremely angry at the interaction and took Junmyeon’s hand to take him away from the taller male. “We’re going home!!”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s voice roared in the empty apartment.

It was the first time Junmyeon had ever seen him snapped, and he didn’t even dare to say a word.

“Didn’t I tell you to not date anyone else??”

Junmyeon sniffled quietly and wiped his own tears.

“Didn’t I tell you not to give your heart away easily??”

Yifan.

“Why did you let him kissed you, hyung??” Sehun’s hands on his lips were rough, as if he was trying to erase everything that smelled like Yifan.

Junmyeon whimpered in pain. He tried to push Sehun’s hands away, but the latter was surprisingly stronger. “Sehunie, stop—“

“Didn’t I tell you that you are mine?

Junmyeon couldn’t even bring himself to reply because Sehun had already crashed their lips together. The older of the two flinched roughly like his lips had been electrified. Junmyeon cried as he broke their (not so innocent) kiss but Sehun kept on pinning him down. Sehun didn’t give up easily as he leaned forward to kiss him again. “Sehunie, no—“

His lips tasted foreign.

They weren’t loving like Yifan.

Whom Junmyeon wanted to be with so badly.

“Sehunie, I’m your brother!!!!!”

The room was filled with suffocating silence before Junmyeon breaking into painful tears. Sehun was stunned temporarily by his screaming and Junmyeon took the opportunity to crawl away from his brother to a safe distance. The older male’s gasp was the only thing that was heard in the room and Sehun noticed his shoulders shaking badly everytime he gasped for air.

“Don’t...,” Junmyeon cried desperately. “Please, don’t... I’m your brother, Sehunie...”

Sehun slowly dragged a hand down his face at the said fact. “I know. I ing know that...” he breathed desperately as he dropped to his knees. “I know that no matter what I do, you’re always gonna be my brother and you’re never gonna be mine...but do you have any idea how much I wanted to change that? How I wished that I weren’t born as your brother??”

Junmyeon cried into his hands silently. He ignored the longing tone in Sehun and his mind flashed back to the scene where Yifan was on his knees, blood trailing from the corner of his lip.

“You’re just gonna have to learn to accept the fact, Sehunie...” Junmyeon retorted weakly as he rose to his feet and headed to his bedroom, refusing to look back. “Because I’m never gonna be yours...”

It was just too late to win Yifan back now.

Sehun felt like crying.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon and Sehun were starting to drift apart.

Sehun had been leaving early in the morning for universities, not even bothering to eat his breakfast that was made for him. Junmyeon just let him, because at least only that way, Sehun wouldn’t be able to touch him anymore.

Again, Jongin noticed this.

Being the most neutral one between them, Jongin knew something was off between his siblings. But he never asked, because he thought it was just another childish act of Sehun and maybe Junmyeon just had enough of his attitude.

But what Jongin couldn’t stand the most, was Junmyeon’s smile.

It was strained, yet Junmyeon forced himself to keep on doing it. He would keep on displaying that fake smile of his. Kyungsoo came over for dinner one time that week and the atmosphere was really tense—especially between Sehun and Junmyeon. His boyfriend asked him worriedly if something had happened, but even Jongin couldn’t bring himself to answer.

Jongin decided to just ignore it, because he believed eventually one of them would give up (and he knew for a fact that Sehun wouldn’t be able to stay away that much longer from Junmyeon). But as days turned to weeks and Junmyeon looking like hell and Sehun wasn’t looking any better, Jongin thought that he couldn’t ignore it anymore. He needed to know. He needed to do something.

When Sehun left early like usual that morning, saying something that he needed to do a thing or two before school, Jongin took it as a perfect opportunity to talk. He needed to talk about what was going on between them. Maybe it got something to do with Yifan. Maybe Sehun found out about Junmyeon’s relationship and that was why he had been acting strange. Jongin thought of asking directly, but then he decided he would start with the same way his brother had done to him.

“Hyung?”

“Yes, Jongin-ah?”

“How’s Yifan-hyung?”

Junmyeon’s shoulders flinched at the mention of the name but the smile didn’t disappear. “...he’s alright. I think.”

“You think? You haven’t seen him...?”

“...no,” Junmyeon’s smile was sickeningly nauseating. “We...stopped seeing each other.”

Jongin gawked. He wanted to ask why and cursed (and preferably blamed Sehun on this), but after several seconds of thinking, he calmly crossed his arms. “But you’re happy with him. Why did you let him go?”

“I’m happy...?” Junmyeon’s smile faltered a bit before shaking his head. He looked down to his plate still with his smile, but this time Jongin knew, it was falling apart. “Well...it’s just...too good to be true anyway. I mean, Yifan’s just...”

“Hyung.”

“I’m not sure if he’s really serious with me...” Dammit Junmyeon, he asked you to meet his parents. “And besides... I—I’m just nothing compared to him...”

“Junmyeon-hyung.”

“And it’s probably a good thing to let him go because—“

“Stop that ing smile, hyung.”

Jongin’s tone got him to stop smiling. Junmyeon choked as he brought his palm to his mouth and felt his body trembling. His entire act was going to crumble to pieces. He needed to smile. He needed to smile and act like everything was alright. But before it even happened, Junmyeon felt Jongin had already pulled him into his arms.

“Just let it out, hyung,” Jongin whispered as he put a hand on Junmyeon’s hair. “Just let it out.”

Junmyeon’s mask shattered by the gentle gesture.

“Yi—Yifan,” he choked before breaking into tears. It was like everything that he had been keeping inside was forced to take out. Junmyeon’s shoulders were shaking badly as he grabbed Jongin’s arms dearly like he had just been saved from dying. “I—Yifan—I miss him—“ He cried between his painful tears and Jongin closed his eyes, his chest also clenching tightly as he listened to his brother’s sobbing. “Jongin-ah, I—what should I do—“

Jongin was too caught up in calming Junmyeon down that he didn’t see Sehun was standing by the door blankly at them.

He didn’t even manage to snap at him to stay away from his hyung.

Not anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“You look like .”

Yifan ignored the way Yixing said it so casually because he knew he wasn’t planning to make him feel any better. It had been two weeks since he got the surprise punch from the stranger and two weeks since he stopped contacting Junmyeon. Yifan wanted to go home earlier today, but Chanyeol called him after class and told him they were waiting for him in the usual place.

“Junmyeon,” Chanyeol piped up.

“Where?” Yifan’s face flew up and both of his friends laughed at his reaction. He groaned in distaste. “Why are you guys so mean?”

“Because I think you need to meet him once again and ask for an explanation,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes in reply. “And this time, ask him everything.”

“He just didn’t want to open himself to me,” Yifan whimpered. “And all of a sudden, his boyfriend—“

“Here we go again,” Chanyeol sighed and turned to Yixing. “I’ve already heard this ten times and I assure you I memorize each of the lines perfectly.”

But it was Yixing’s first time to hear it. The Chinese male frowned as he tilted his head to a side. “His boyfriend?”

“Yeah, his boyfriend—“

“Aren’t you his boyfriend?”

“But it turned out that he has another—“

“I heard rumors,” Yixing interrupted for the third time and Yifan wondered if he would ever let him finish his sentence. “That Junmyeon was too busy surviving his life and taking care of his brothers that he didn’t have time for date. And suddenly he dated you. Shouldn’t you feel lucky?”

“I’ve met his brother,” Yifan grimly replied and opened his mouth to continue, but nothing came out. His expression slowly morphed into confusion. “Wait...did you say...brothers?”

Yixing nodded. “He has two... I think...?”

Yifan sagged in his seat at the new information. A frown was formed on his forehead as he became lost in thought. But Junmyeon has never mentioned that he has another brother...he only introduced Jongin. Yifan groaned to himself in frustration and Chanyeol chuckled because it was amusing to see him in such condition. God, I hate this. Why couldn’t Junmyeon trust me?

“Hey...”, Chanyeol said a moment after he stopped laughing. “Is that kid staring at us or it’s just my imagination?”

Both Yifan and Yixing turned their heads to follow Chanyeol’s gaze and it turned out that he was right. There was a male staring—more like glaring—straight to their direction from outside and Yifan automatically held his breath because it was the same male who gave him a bleeding lip.

“That’s the other boyfriend,” Yifan said flatly.

“Huh? Are you sure? He’s just a high school student,” Yixing blinked as he observed the other male. “...are you going to tell me that Junmyeon let you go for him?

Yifan grunted.

“Did he follow you here? Maybe for a retaliation,” Chanyeol half joked.

“I’ll find out,” Yifan gritted his teeth as he stood up and walked out of the cafe to approach him. The moment Yifan stepped outside, it was then that he realized they had a obvious height difference, but the male didn’t look intimidated at all. In fact, he lifted his chin even higher as if to challenge him. Yifan narrowed his eyes in dislike. “What do you want? You punched me, you have your boyfriend back—“

“Boyfriend?” The male snorted and stared at him in disbelief. “Is that what you think of us?”

Yifan was a bit taken aback at the retort and fell silent.

The male snorted again and shook his head as he fished both of his hands into the pockets. “Sadly, for me, we’re not. And yeah, you can be happy because all Junmyeon does is cry because he’s miserable without you.”

“Junmyeon...cried...?”

The male sent him a piercing stare. “Wu Yifan. Twenty two. Chinese-Canadian. Born in Canada, on November 6th, I’m not sure about your zodiac—Sagitarius, perhaps?” Yifan blinked. “Your father works as a CEO, your mother is just a housewife, and you are helplessly in love with Kim Junmyeon.”

Yifan was speechless. Maybe he wasn’t a boyfriend. Maybe he was a stalker...?

“It’s just a start, but it’s also an early warning if you ever hurt Junmyeon, I would never hesitate to break into your house to find something I can use—just in case I need to use black magic in you.”

Yifan didn’t doubt that he would.

“And I’m sorry I punched you,” he awkwardly apologized, but it was earnest.

Yifan dumbly shook his head as if to say it was nothing to be sorry about. “But...who are you...?”

“Right,” the male stepped closer to Yifan as he extended a hand. “You’re gonna see more of me if you’re really serious about dating Junmyeon. Sorry for the late introduction, though. I’m Kim Sehun. Junmyeon’s youngest brother.”

Yifan gaped in shock.

“What? You honestly didn’t think Junmyeon only has one brother, right?”

“Oh .”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon lifelessly closed the books in front of him.

He came to the library in hoping to find some peace by studying alone, but it did no good. He wasn’t even able to concentrate. Junmyeon felt tortured just to look at Sehun lately and realized it was an awful thing to do, because he was still his brother no matter what happened. Maybe it was a mistake to keep Yifan as a secret from Sehun. Maybe he should’ve just been honest from the start and maybe none of this would have happened.

Junmyeon pillowed his head in his arms for another moment, taking a desperate breath and slowly exhaling it. He felt empty. He felt extremely empty. The feeling was different than the one he used to feel. He used to feel lonely because all of those hard work to earn money for him and his brothers made him had no time for anyone else, but maybe it was better that way.

Because his heart hurt so much at the thought of Yifan.

If only he didn’t let Yifan claim his heart...

If only...

Junmyeon sobbed softly in his arms.

Yifan.

The male was definitely his everything. His first date, his first (real) kiss, his first love. But even if everything went alright, there would surely be problems because Yifan was rich while he wasn’t... What if Yifan stopped loving him because of their status?

It was funny, because he told Jongin the same thing. That he never taught him to be a coward, but look at himself.

Junmyeon bitterly chuckled to himself and glanced up at the clock. His shift was going to start soon. He needed to go home for a few hours before going home. Home. No matter how much he didn’t want to go back, but that was where he belonged. Sooner or later his wound would heal and his relationship would restore to the way it used to. Junmyeon took another deep breath before slowly gathering his books and stepped out of the library.

Yifan was already waiting in front of the building.

Junmyeon was a bit shocked at the sight before him and tried to ignore his presence, but it was even harder to ignore his increasing heartbeat. He calmly adjusted the strap of the bag on his shoulder even though he just wanted to run in panic and pretended he didn’t see him. But Yifan wouldn’t just let him go that easily. The taller male intercepted his steps by blocking his path. Junmyeon felt his soul shrinking at the solemn stare he got.

Yifan started talking with no preamble.

“We’re going to meet my parents tomorrow.”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened at his statement. “Wh—what?”

“My mother asked me if we’re still dating and I said yes.”

“B—but—we—“

“I never said it was over.”

“B—but,” Junmyeon shook his head in fear. “There’s—there’s a lot of things you don’t know about me, Yifan.”

“Then tell me,” Yifan sternly said as he grabbed Junmyeon’s wrists. “Tell me, Junmyeon, because I want to know everything about you.”

“I—I can’t,” Junmyeon whispered painfully. “What if—what if you stop loving me—“

“There’s just no way I would be able to do that,” Yifan interrupted his sentence. “Why can’t you see that? Am I not being obvious enough?”

“But I’m poor,” Junmyeon cried sadly. “And I have no parents anymore. I’m nothing like you, Yifan!”

“Do you honestly think I wouldn’t know that, Junmyeon??”

Junmyeon’s eyes were teary and he seemed surprised by Yifan’s snapping, while the latter seemed to regret his rising tone by intertwining their fingers together and gave them a slight squeeze.

“Do you really think I would just ask you out without finding out first...?” Yifan tilted Junmyeon’s chin to meet their eyes. “And do I ever feel ashamed about that? You have to know that I never...ever feel anything like that for you and your condition.”

“All—all this time, you knew...?”

“Yes.”

Junmyeon choked. Did it mean all this time he was worried for nothing? Their relationship did break a bit because of Sehun, but... Sehun. Right, he still owed him an explanation for that.

“The only thing I didn’t know,” Yifan whispered knowingly as he pressed a loving kiss against Junmyeon’s lips. “Is that you have brothers.”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened at that.

“And now that I know that,” Yifan said with a calming smile and ran a hand through Junmyeon’s hair. “You need to know I want no secrets between us anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon’s shift ended earlier than usual that night.

He was too tired to cook, so he ended up buying takeouts for dinner. Taeyeon had been asking him if anything was wrong, but he only smiled in reply. Besides, everything was alright between him and Yifan now. Taeyeon patted his shoulder caringly before offering him a kind smile..

Junmyeon mumbled quietly that he was home as soon as he got in. He thought his brothers would be in their rooms, studying like usual, but it turned out that they weren’t. They were sitting in the living room and it seemed like they had been waiting for him. Junmyeon didn’t expect Jongin to be there.

Most of all, he didn’t expect Sehun to sit beside Jongin.

Junmyeon wanted to smile at them, but right now he just couldn’t. He slowly pried off of his shoes and tucked them away safely on the shoe rack. Junmyeon placed a hand on the back of his neck, wondering what to say. He was about to ask them if they had eaten when Jongin rose to his feet.

“Did you talk...?”

Junmyeon deadpanned at the question. He knew Jongin was talking about Yifan. What he didn’t know was that Sehun was behind all of it. The oldest male couldn’t bring himself to answer, but his brothers’ gaze showed him that they were waiting, so he just nodded dumbly as an answer. He just didn’t want to get into another fight anymore.

Jongin sighed gratefully before stepping closer to hug him. “I’m glad,” he mumbled into the older male’s hair because he was taller. “I’m glad, hyung.”

Junmyeon almost choked because everything was just too overwhelming at the moment. He had been crying a lot and got a lot of hug for the day that he felt very weak.

Jongin pulled away from him and glanced over his shoulder. “Sehun.”

Sehun looked away for a moment before slowly following his brother’s lead to Junmyeon. Junmyeon gulped and unconsciously, his fear increased back as the youngest male came closer. But the fear was soon replaced with worry when he noticed Sehun’s lips were a bit swollen.

“Se—Sehunie? Your lips—“

“I deserved this,” Sehun groaned. “You don’t have to worry.”

Junmyeon turned to Jongin in disbelief. “You didn’t—“

Jongin shrugged carelessly. “Been wanting to, actually.”

Junmyeon opened his mouth to protest but then he felt another hand on his arm. He saw Sehun gave him a blank stare.

“Are you happy with him, hyung?”

“You...you mean Yifan?”

Sehun frowned. “Is there any other man?”

Junmyeon’s eyes immediately became teary at his question and chuckled sheepishly. “No, of course not...”

Sehun’s gaze dropped down on the food he brought before reluctantly hugging Junmyeon. It was strange because he was used to hug him, but now that his brother was no longer his anymore, he probably had to stop. “That’s all I need to know, hyung. That’s all...”

Junmyeon burst out crying in Sehun’s arms and Jongin stepped into join the group hug to calm him down. It was strange because he was the oldest of them all, but right now, he felt like it was the opposite. Junmyeon felt like he was the youngest one at the moment and both Jongin and Sehun were his older brothers who were trying to console him.

He didn’t feel so broken anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OKAY YOU CAN SAY GOODBYE TO THIS STORY BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA FOR SEHUN’S STORY SOBS HOPE YOU LIKE THIS THOUGH